Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe another one gone ?

2 posters

Go down

Maybe another one gone ? Empty Maybe another one gone ?

Post  ShortNorth Wed 21 Feb 2024, 2:14 am

It was reported late last year that Yuri Sos of steam4me had passed away. Some time before he passed, he stated that the site was fully funded until 2026 and that his son would maintain the site until 2030.

However, the site seems to have gone down now - it has not responded for several days now, so maybe it has been removed from 'active' status.

This would be a real pity, if it has, as the site was a wealth of tutorials and hints and tips, as well as  host of Aussie routes and stock.

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Maybe another one gone ? Empty Re: Maybe another one gone ?

Post  slipperman12 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 9:16 am

Hi Brian,
I've just tried to access the site myself without success.  The 'Is it Me' website also reports that it's 'down'.

If it really has gone, it is indeed a very sad day, but let's hope it just down for maintenance.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 12 Mar 2024, 3:53 am

CONFIRMATION THAT STEAM4ME HAS CLOSED FOREVER

This morning I saw a post on Elva's Tower, where major US website owners have been in touch with the family of the late Yuri Sos.

They are reporting that his remaining family made the decision to permanently shutdown the steam4me website.

This means that CTN is now the only website catering for (mostly NSWGR) Australian MSTS/OR content. Along with the other recent demise of Railpage Australia, there is now no Australian discussion forums left either.

And, of course with the loss of UKTS, Train Sim Safe House is now the only major MSTS/OR site for UK trainsim discussion and file downloads.

What a tumultuous change for our hobby in the last year or so !

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 12 Mar 2024, 7:06 am

I've just been informed by the owner of Trainsim.com, that a full copy of the original UKTS downloads are available from there.

Quote - "And, of course with the loss of UKTS, Train Sim Safe House is now the only major MSTS/OR site for UK trainsim discussion and file downloads."

We still encourage UK discussion on Trainsim.com and Ged is one of our members as proof...

As we host a complete copy of the UKTS library, I'd appreciate if you might correct your statement. - Unquote

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum