Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrainSimHobby (Italy)

3 posters

Go down

TrainSimHobby (Italy) Empty TrainSimHobby (Italy)

Post  neanderthal Thu 18 Jan 2024, 8:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone else is running this as the Tracks at the Palau end are not good, but after the first 20Km or so everything runs fine.
TrainSimHobby (Italy) Sassar10
The speed limits are impossible and gradients are so sharp in places its like going over  hump back bridges.

Please do not take this as a criticism I'm just wondering if I have somehow erred in my D/L, which would be the most likely cause.
I've been back on the Site but now the Route comes up as "Download Not Working "!
Neanderthal at his best.....

P.S   it's a great Loco which runs perfectly in OR.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

TrainSimHobby (Italy) Empty Re: TrainSimHobby (Italy)

Post  slipperman12 Thu 18 Jan 2024, 8:26 pm

Hi Roger,
First of all, I doubt that any problems with downloading the route would have any effect on the gradients!

Secondly - what track problems do you have?  Are you using Superelevation? If so, turn it off (ie set 'Level' to zero - under the OPTIONS > Experimental tab).

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  niknak Fri 19 Jan 2024, 10:43 am

Just downloaded it - It's a pretty little route, shame there's only one activity which I've run for a few minutes without any track problems, but I'm not sure if I'm in the area you mentioned.

niknak

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 19 Jan 2024, 11:31 am

Hello Ged and Nik Nak

I've just gone over the first part of the Route from Palau to Surrau in the Steam Loco (head out) and have seen what I mean, but will have trouble putting it into words, but hey lets try.
It appears that all track is straight, and when you come to a hill it's straight track onto straight track causing and angular change.
TrainSimHobby (Italy) 311.

This is by no means for the whole of the Route only the first few miles from Palau Central.
I now also notice that on the first Act along this section (Diesel) the speed limit is 60Km per hour.
on todays run (Steam) its only 28 Km per hour
TrainSimHobby (Italy) Orr11

Also there are seven Acts on this route not one, so I'm not sure how I've done that..
Thank you both for your input  I'd still say its worth having as a pretty little Country Route.  Neanderthal.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  niknak Fri 19 Jan 2024, 11:53 am

Ok so firstly please ignore my earlier post as I was running the wrong route!! (Doh). I've now downloaded the (hopefully) correct route and will report back after lunch.

niknak

Back to top Go down

Post  niknak Fri 19 Jan 2024, 1:38 pm

Well I've just run the first few minutes of the act leaving Palau and I rather think any passengers would need a supply of aircraft sick bags....Smile

niknak

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 19 Jan 2024, 2:15 pm

Hi,
@Nick : Quite agree!!

@Roger : There's nothing wrong with the route except that there are some rather abrupt gradient changes!
I ran the route I downloaded 5 years ago but it seems it's not been modified - the files in my installation are dated 2016.

It's certainly nothing to do with your downloading skills Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal and niknak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  niknak Fri 19 Jan 2024, 2:20 pm

Ged I can confirm that the files I downloaded this morning are indeed dated (mostly) 2016.

niknak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down