Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TDB crash

2 posters

Go down

TDB crash Empty TDB crash

Post  coolhand101 Sun 24 Dec 2023, 1:48 pm

Hi

I recently had a TDB crash. Not sure why or how it happened, but only half of the TDB file was saved(smaller file size). I have a TDB that was backed up and saved, two days prior to this. I managed to repair my newest world files with the older TDB. Most items were deleted, however, I have two level crossings and a signal stuck in the TDB.
I have a number of times, edited the world files, with the missing items on them. This then lets me delete the items in R.E. This has worked for me 100% in the past, however, this is not working for level crossing markers. I admit, I've never replaced a Level crossing item in a world file before, but no matter what I do, R.E cannot load the level crossing and remains invisible to delete this item. R.E informs me also, that the level crossing markers cannot load, and to delete and save, which I do. But the level crossing markers are still stuck in the TDB.
I am missing something obvious, so can anyone help?

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

TDB crash Empty Re: TDB crash

Post  peacockg Sun 24 Dec 2023, 3:49 pm

I had problems with mileposts that showed in OpenRails Track viewer and in the cab display when running a train, but they were not visible in TSRE.
I placed a new milepost close by and looked to see which files updated when I saved. I think the tit file updated as well.

I looked at the new entry for this milepost. It gives: tile number, location within the tile and something like this TrItemId ( 3116 )
Search the tdb file for this and you will find the entry for your crossing

A search for this in the relevant world file found no entry, but a search for 3116 reveals TrItemId ( 0 3116 )

Now I cant remember exactly what I did, but I could do no harm as I had a backup which I reverted to a couple of times.
I think I deleted the new milepost and changed the TrItemId numbers on the problem one to those of the new one.

It seemed to solve the problem and the mileposts appeared in the editor!

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Sun 24 Dec 2023, 9:18 pm

Hi

Yes I have done this before with signals, siding markers, speedpost markers. All appeared in R.E which i can then delete. But for level crossing markers, it gets complicated.

From what I can tell, the TDB and TIT shows the item numbers. However, in their world files, there are additional item numbers linked for the RIT file as well. I need to work out if the orange crossing markers are Track or road objects or both!
The RIT entries for these crossings appear to missing information. I shall tinker and see.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Sat 30 Dec 2023, 2:45 pm

Have you thought of starting a Test Route of one World tile. Add one piece of track with a road crossing it, add traffic from carspawner.
Save the route and make a copy of the world tile, plus the rit rdb tit and tdb files.
Then add your level crossing and save again.

You can now compare each file, with and without crossing, to see how this is entered. Hopefully you can find something common between them so you will then be able to find the relevant entries in your proper route.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Tue 02 Jan 2024, 2:57 am

Well I managed to delete one of the Level Crossings from the TDB via R.E.
Level crossing entries are in the TDB, TIT, RDB and RIT.  The first item numbers in the world file are for the TDB/TIT and the second item numbers are for the RDB and RIT.

My problem was the entries in the RIT, which had missing information. I matched the information from an older RIT and voila, the Level crossing showed up in R.E. However when I tried the same method for the other two Level Crossings, it did not work and had the same problem as before. I successfully deleted that mentioned signal and three others, along with a milepost, so it just the two remaining crossings. Luckily, there is no sound or road traffic for these crossings and they are invisible in MSTS and OR, so if I cannot successfully delete them, there should not be a problem other than being stuck in the TDB.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum