Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with "Tenda" route

3 posters

Go down

Problem with "Tenda" route Empty Problem with "Tenda" route

Post  Jonathan David Tue 17 Oct 2023, 8:53 am

I recently came across this very nice route through the Alps between France and Italy.
Its full name, as per the folder, is RFI-SNCF-La Ferrovia de Tenda, Tenda being the biggest town along the route.
The only activity leaves Breil sur Roya and heads south, but crashes a couple of minutes after leaving the station just after one leaves a tunnel. I created a simple activity starting from the south but this crashes shortly before the same point. I also tried in "explore" mode leaving Breiul on the branch, but this passes through another tunnel and then the same crash occurs.
I have run the route through Route_Riter and it flags up no errors.
Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem?
Jonathan
PS Not sure whether this should be in OpenRails which I use or MSTS

Jonathan David

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Problem with "Tenda" route Empty Re: Problem with "Tenda" route

Post  neanderthal Tue 17 Oct 2023, 9:41 am

Sorry I cannot help you with the Route you mention, but here are two from TrainSim.com
Problem with "Tenda" route Male10
Problem with "Tenda" route Or_a10
Both work well in O.R. and come complete with a few Acts and the Stock to run them !
Regards Roger..

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 17 Oct 2023, 11:00 am

Hi Jonathan,
Does the Open Rails log give any indication as to why the route crashes?

You should be able to attach a zip of the log file to a message.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Thu 26 Oct 2023, 3:10 pm

I have been away and only now have I had a chance to experiment. A log would be attached but once again I am getting a message:
"Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 11)"
However, experimenting seems to show that the crash is caused by using the function keys rather than a specific scenery file as it seems to happen when I use alt plus one of the F keys.
It is not something I have seen before.
Jonathan
A few lines from the error message:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary'2.FindEntry(TKey key)
at Orts.Viewer3D..Popups.OSDLocations.PrepareFrame(RenderFrame frame, ElapsedTime.elapsedTime., Boolean updateFull) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\Workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Popups\OSDLocations.cs:line 170
at Orts.Viewer3d.Popups.WindowManager.PrepareFrame(RenderFrame frame, ElapsedTime elapsedTime) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\Workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Popups\WindowManager.cs:line 209

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 26 Oct 2023, 3:35 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Yes, I get the same message when attempting to attach a document. I've mentioned it to Justin but he doesn't currently have an answer!

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me -
the crash is caused by using the function keys rather than a specific scenery file as it seems to happen when I use alt plus one of the F keys.
What do you mean by "specific scenery file"?

Legitimately, Alt can be used with some F-keys - I've tried all of them but have not had the crash you reported.
Which version of Open Rails are you using?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Thu 26 Oct 2023, 9:48 pm

I am using OpenRails v 1.3.1.4328.
My initial assumption, because at first the crash appeared to happen at about the same point on the route, was that an ace file had become corrupted, so when it was called up by OpenRails it caused the crash. But that is evidently not the case anyway as the crash can happen at different points on the route if I use “fn” (sorry, not alt) plus, say, F6 to call up information on the screen such as the platform labels (I understand that one should not need to use the “fn” key, just the function key, but the version of software on my laptop requires that key as well. Often a pain!)
If it is any help, it appears to be the F6 key which usually causes the crash.
Don’t put too much effort into this. It has never happened with any other route.
Jonathan
PS A reason for the confusion between “fn” and “alt” is that these keys have been used so often that the lettering on them has worn off.

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 26 Oct 2023, 10:10 pm

Hi Jonathan,
That is a very old version of Open Rails!
There have been a great number of improvements, new functions and bug fixes in the last (nearly) 4 years since v1.3.1 was released!!

May I, respectfully, suggest that you install the latest stable version, v1.5.1 ?  It's no use reporting any bugs you find with 1.3.1!!

I can understand you using 1.3.1 if you're running XP, but that's the only legitimate reason I can think of for using it.

Could it be that you have pressed F6 without first pressing 'Fn' ? That way, whatever is coded, by default, into your F6 will be passed to Open Rails, which, very likely, won't understand it.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down