Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duplication

5 posters

Go down

Duplication Empty Duplication

Post  Jonathan David Sun 24 Sep 2023, 1:28 pm

This is a question, not a complaint.
I am beginning to suspect that I have quite a few examples of the same vehicle on my hard disk under different names. For example, are there files in the "NWE" set and the "NS" set which are also there without those prefixes to their folder names?
With the current cheapness of storage it is not a real issue so it is more curiosity than anything.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Duplication Empty Re: Duplication

Post  slipperman12 Sun 24 Sep 2023, 1:54 pm

Hi Jonathan,
It's quite likely, also with the 'UK' prefixed files supplied with  the Dorset Coast route.

I don't think it'd be worth the effort to change all the relevant consists (and loose consists!) just for the sake of having only one version of a specific item of rolling stock!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Sun 24 Sep 2023, 9:16 pm

I suspect that those with a prefix are slight variations of the originals.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Mon 25 Sep 2023, 10:55 am

Bob Latimer wrote:I suspect that those with a prefix are slight variations of the originals.
For those prefixed NWE, Bob's assumptions are correct. 99% of those files have been 'standardised' to Automatic coupling, air brakes and modified coupling break values.
Quite a number of those files may have not needed the first 2 edits, but not so for the final one. The vast majority of 'early' .eng files will also have the 'light' entries adjusted for compatibility with the BIN patch
So, saying all that certainly there'll be some actual duplications....
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Welwyn22 Tue 26 Sep 2023, 3:14 am

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Jonathan,
It's quite likely, also with the 'UK' prefixed files supplied with  the Dorset Coast route.

I don't think it'd be worth the effort to change all the relevant consists (and loose consists!) just for the sake of having only one version of a specific item of rolling stock!!

Cheers,
Ged

RouteRiter has the ability to do this with the quick consist check. It's also handy for detecting problem consists when removing outdated rolling stock.

Welwyn22

https://www.youtube.com/welwyn22

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Tue 26 Sep 2023, 3:34 pm

Thanks for the responses. Interesting to know about the NWE files as if building consists they are obviously the ones to go for.
No, I shan't be going through the files eliminating all possible duplicates. I have better things to do.
Presumably the date of creation is a clue as to which are the oldest ones.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum