Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NWC V.2. Controls. please.

3 posters

Go down

NWC V.2.  Controls. please. Empty NWC V.2. Controls. please.

Post  pcohen Wed 06 Sep 2023, 4:38 pm

NWC V.2  Please.

Although this Route Now seems to be running OK,  only the The Track Monitor, Switch and Next Station  Boxes are Displayed.  The  Movement Keys are not Displaying

i.e.  A,  S, D & W  Keys  and the Brake Apply/Release Keys are not Displaying.

Many thanks

Paul

pcohen

Back to top Go down

NWC V.2.  Controls. please. Empty Re: NWC V.2. Controls. please.

Post  slipperman12 Wed 06 Sep 2023, 7:55 pm

Hi Paul,
This is exactly the same problem that you reported with NWC v1 when running MSTS, which you say, is now running OK.

If you are getting the same problem with Open Rails, which is a completely different program, I think the problem MUST lie with your PC and/or keyboard.
I know you say that the keyboard works OK when using programs like NotePad.
I think you also said that it's a Microsoft keyboard - have you installed its drivers?
Have you also installed the drivers for your graphics card?

How did you solve the problem when it occurred with NWC v1?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Wed 06 Sep 2023, 9:38 pm

Solved the problem in NWC V.1. by entering the full MaxVelocity number ( 32.50 0.52525 ) Text you sent In your Last Email.

But it doesn't appear to do the same In Version 2.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 06 Sep 2023, 10:21 pm

Hi Paul,
Sorry, mate, but that WAS NOT the cause of your keys not being displayed/working.

I have just tested consist 1A66.con in NWC v1 with "MaxVelocity ( 32.50 )" and all that happens is that MSTS reports a train database error and will not run.

You have done something else, which you're not telling.

The whole point of you reporting problems you can't overcome is to get help from others.  Those others could well have several questions which need answering.
If you don't give answers, then nobody will be able to help, unless they've come across exactly the same problem themselves.  It appears that nobody has had the same problem as you're currently experiencing so it's up to you to give as much information as you can.  The more information you can supply, the better, even if you think it's not connected.
To that end, can you please answer the questions from my last post, together with the following :

In Open Rails, are you sure there's no screen display?  It's on the left of the screen, towards the bottom.
If you still can't see anything, check with a diesel loco.  Run activity 0F21.  
Do you STILL see nothing? If so, have you turned off  "Show control confirmations"? (Options > System screen).
If you have, you can still take the brakes off and drive the loco - can you do that?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 06 Sep 2023, 11:35 pm

Hi Paul,
One more question.
Have you set your display to 125% or 150% so that you can see the small print?
If you have, that's why you couldn't see the control settings on the screen when running MSTS.
Unfortunately, the same doesn't apply to Open Rails but I'm sure there's a good reason to be found Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Thu 07 Sep 2023, 9:39 am

Hello Ged.

First, In Open Rails on the First page there Is no mention of a Screen Display. In the Tools Menu there Is no mention of a Screen Display and In all the Options pages selections there is no mention of a Screen Display.

Your Diesel Loco activity 0F21. Runs perfectly, all keys respond perfectly.

One more thing please, Is the background for the Times in the Next station Boxes supposed to be Black.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Thu 07 Sep 2023, 11:07 am

Well who would of thought Screen resolution could have caused so much agro.

Everything In Version 2 Is working again but still not sure whether the next station boxes Times backround should be Black.

Many thanks Ged and all others for their input.

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 07 Sep 2023, 11:12 am

Hi Paul,
The only places for any screen setting for Open Rails are the opening screen where you can select Windowed, or not and in Options > System screen where you set the size of the window if that is selected.
BUT I didn't mention anything about that!

If your diesel loco controls are displaying OK, there's no reason why those for the Britannia aren't, unless, maybe, you've changed its cabview.

The answer to your question is Yes. the background to the Next Station list is black, but you've STILL not answered most of my questions!.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Thu 07 Sep 2023, 1:22 pm

Hi Ged.

I have changed nothing In the cab view for the Britannia. Or any other settings for that matter.

I did change this "set your display to 125% or 150% " (at your suggestion) back to 100% and everything started to work normally.

Is anybody dealing with this Font Size (when typing a reply) mentioned on a previous occasion please.

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Thu 07 Sep 2023, 1:35 pm

paulco wrote:

<snip)Is anybody dealing with this Font Size  (when typing a reply) mentioned on a  previous  occasion please.

Paul.<snip>

Hi Paul,
This might just be of some use to you in this respect
T
https://tsforum.forumotion.net/t1638-windows-tweaks

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down