Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointing changes to Trainsim.com

5 posters

Go down

Disappointing changes to Trainsim.com Empty Disappointing changes to Trainsim.com

Post  rufuskins Wed 05 Jul 2023, 12:06 pm

As some of you may be aware that not only is UKTS soon to disappear, but Trainsim.com is significantly changing. Change of course is not necessarily a bad thing but I note from today that in order to access the site you need to agree to their Cookie, etc policy, with no option to reject it!
I've therefore decided that their site is now off limits to me, as I wish to minimise who can collect data about me!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Disappointing changes to Trainsim.com Empty Re: Disappointing changes to Trainsim.com

Post  glasgowworks Wed 05 Jul 2023, 10:15 pm

Well Alec, you must accept cookies like it or not, it's probably for security reasons. Another necessary evil for you!  
There are things on the online we all have to endure: ads, cookies, 'I'm not a robot' CAPTECHAs, Wikipedia and dog.
glasgowworks
glasgowworks

IsambardKingdomBrunel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Disappointing changes to Trainsim.com Empty Re: Disappointing changes to Trainsim.com

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Thu 06 Jul 2023, 12:39 pm

I have been a member of trainsim.com forums since the very early days of MSTS.

Not going to change now. It was one of two forums, that you didn't get banned from. Just for looking at someone the wrong way.

I also support it by paying to be a first class member.

Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 07 Jul 2023, 10:29 am

I too have been a member of Trainsim(dot)com for some time, and accepted the then way of addressing "cookies", whereby at the end of your session all "cookie" references were noted as being deleted. In an ideal world I would like the option to reject the "cookie" policy as offered by numerous other sites.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Fri 07 Jul 2023, 12:49 pm

Fair play Alec, personal choice.

For me the cookie thing is not something i worry about.

Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sun 09 Jul 2023, 6:29 pm

I have yet to find out how to re-register with the site. When I click "Register" it just opens a second identical window. I looked for help and someone suggested that Norton is the problem but I tried to follow the instructions given to solve the problem and failed to find the part of Norton I was looking for.
Any suggestions?
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Thu 13 Jul 2023, 8:16 am

You can ignore my previous post as the issue I described has been resolved on the site. All I need to do now is remember my password so I can re-register.
Or create a mew me!
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  eolesen Fri 08 Mar 2024, 7:50 pm

rufuskins wrote:
I've therefore decided that their site is now off limits to me, as I wish to minimise who can collect data about me!

A little late on this, but I thought it was worth a clarification....

TS does use cookies to store your login so you don't have to re-login on future sessions.  It was not a change or a new policy.  It stored cookies for the previous 20 years but the software was not telling you about it.

EU and other national regulations now require that notice.  

We don't have any optional cookies, so the reject button really doesn't apply like it does for other large commercial sites who do indeed harvest and sell the data about who visits and uses their website. You are free to delete the cookies manually for the via your browser on exit, or you can just log out, which should delete all cookies by design.

eolesen

niknak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down