Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freight Animations

2 posters

Go down

Freight Animations Empty Freight Animations

Post  terrycunliffe Tue 04 Jul 2023, 7:29 pm

I admit to being a complete numpty regarding the subject, so please forgive me if this question is ridiculous, and warrants a robust guffaw...Rolling Eyes
But is it possible to change destination blinds on DMU / EMU sets by means of freight animation, and if it actually is, how difficult is the process?
I'll now go and stand in the corner wearing my dunce's hat

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Freight Animations Empty Re: Freight Animations

Post  mrmosky Tue 04 Jul 2023, 7:49 pm

Hi Terry,

It is possible to do this using Freight Animations. I must admit that I have only done this for openrails, but I am sure that it has been done for engine lamps etc.

What is needed is a shape (model) of the destination blind with the wanted destination on it. This is placed in the main locomotive folder, and then there needs to be a line in the .eng file to specify the Freight Animation shape.

It's easier to do it if you have the original model, since you can then position the Freight animation shape accurately.

Cheers,
Geoff

mrmosky

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Tue 04 Jul 2023, 9:13 pm

Thanks Geoff,
I'm looking at the MT class 507's and 508's in the BRB era, and although there are dedicated texture destination boards for each model, unfortunately there isn't a separate shape file. So I'm thinking that I'd have to undertake this as I would a re-skin? However that would in effect result in a modification of the model which I don't want to undertake. They're excellent models and my poor texturing skills would be an insult.
I think I'll just have to put up with 'Waterloo' as a destination board in Liverpool! Laughing
Cheers
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down