Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSTS ELR disk not working

2 posters

Go down

MSTS ELR disk not working Empty MSTS ELR disk not working

Post  andrew54 Thu 06 Oct 2022, 3:30 pm

Hello All I Just bought the ELR MSTS from a lot of msts add ons from ebay witch I need to run the C15PS addon packs.

I have a problem with the ELR add on

The Installer is corrupt and will not install after going through the trouble of cleaning the disk.

I need the route and stock for the C15Ps add on packs to work.

Does anyone have the install files that work, I have bought this add on fair and square from ebay.

There is no more disks of this MSTS add on on ebay, witch makes it very hard to find.  Sad

Some of the ELR add on disk were corrupted and would not install properly.

and is it possable to provide replacement install files please?

Update I had cleaned the disk many times and it will not read at all.   Sad

I have been waiting over six days for a Mod to approve my first post on uktrainsim.

Is there anyway to help me please?    Sad  Question

Robert

andrew54

Back to top Go down

MSTS ELR disk not working Empty Re: MSTS ELR disk not working

Post  slipperman12 Thu 06 Oct 2022, 6:15 pm

Hi Robert,
Welcome to the Forum Smile

Unfortunately, the installer file (ELR.exe) is the actual route itself and copyright rules mean that nobody can legally send you their copy, unless they are disposing of the complete add-on.

However, you don't say if any error messages were displayed.  I have just tried my ELR disk and it took a very, very long time to be recognised!!

You may have already tried this but have you opened the CD in Windows Explorer and double-clicked ELR.exe?  It will probably take a while, but have patience Smile

If that doesn't work, try copying all the files and folders from the CD into a temporary folder on your hard drive, then open that folder and run ELR.exe as administrator. Again, this may take some time.

I've just timed how long it takes for something to happen - 5 minutes!!

That's all I can suggest at the moment, but others may have ideas for a different approach.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew54 Fri 07 Oct 2022, 5:25 pm

After cleaning the disk a few times the disk is causing file explorer to freeze up.

I clicked the open tab and there I was waiting over an hour. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I wonder if anyone has a working copy of the ELR CD that they can send me? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

andrew54

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 07 Oct 2022, 6:34 pm

Hi Robert,
Sorry to hear of your continuing problems Sad

Assuming that your CD is not damaged or corrupted in any way, I'd like to suggest  something else you could try.  After leaving the CD in the drive for 10 minutes with it still not starting, I tried the following :

1.  Create a .iso file of the CD.  If you don't have any suitable software, I suggest CDBurnerXP - a freeware program from https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home. To prove it works, I've just used it!  It took about 4 minutes overall to create the .iso file,
2.  If you are using Windows 10, right-click the new .iso file and choose : "Select Drive letter & mount", then click the OK button after choosing where you want the .iso file located.
3.  When you've done that, Windows should automatically show the 'normal' Autoplay message - click it then continue as for a regular CD.

The whole procedure took about 7 minutes to finish with a working ELR installation.

Of course, none of this will be possible if the CD is damaged.

PLEASE NOTE : This route must be installed into a valid MSTS installation. If you are using Open Rails without a valid MSTS installation, the route will NOT work because it copies a number of files from the default routes.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew54 Fri 07 Oct 2022, 6:38 pm

Hello All I have tryed reinstalling the ELR add on.

The installer took upto 20 minutes to load, and only install 3 quarters before displying a message ELR class 24 cabview night leftside ace is corrupt the install will now finish. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I am very dissaopinted that I can not get it to install fully. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

andrew54

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew54 Fri 07 Oct 2022, 7:25 pm

Slipperman12 I followed your instructions to copy the installer of the disk.

It did not work sadly, the disk is damaged. Sad Sad

andrew54

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 07 Oct 2022, 8:32 pm

Hi Robert,
Sorry, I don't have any more suggestions.
Can't you report it to the seller and get your money back?  You should be able to if it was described as in working condition, or such-like.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew54 Sat 22 Oct 2022, 6:35 pm

Good News I was able to require a copy of ELR add on from ebay witch works. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You can now close this thread. Very Happy Very Happy

andrew54

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 22 Oct 2022, 8:05 pm

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the update.

Good to know you've now got a working version Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down