Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paths

4 posters

Go down

Paths Empty Paths

Post  neanderthal Tue 01 Mar 2022, 1:20 pm

I thought I'd better swap back to here as its the Chiltern Route I'm having trouble with.....Well thanks to  the help from David and Ged , I now have a working Route. But I cannot seem to find a way of exploring "All" of the Route. I assume this is something to do with Paths (?).Once again any advice on how to explore the whole Route would be gratefully received ,Tia, Neanderthal.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Paths Empty Re: Paths

Post  slipperman12 Tue 01 Mar 2022, 4:11 pm

Good Afternoon, Roger,
I'm pleased you've got the route working. Smile

A number of paths are supplied (38) with the base route, ie without adding File 11.
If you want any more, you'll need to create them using the TrackViewer program supplied with Open Rails., or, if you've installed it into an MSTS installation, Activity Editor (if you're lucky!!).
However, you can Explore wherever you like, you just need a starting location then choose where you want to go by changing points.

Please note that, as the route is a WIP, in some parts of it, scenery is very sparse, or non-existent, and you may come to a location where the track just ends!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Tue 01 Mar 2022, 4:21 pm

Adding the paths only from File 11 to you installation, will not cause any problems and will give to 288 more paths to use in explore mode.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 02 Mar 2022, 10:19 am

I see theres an 8a Patch now as well (UKTS).

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Wed 02 Mar 2022, 12:05 pm

neanderthal wrote:I see theres an 8a Patch now as well (UKTS).

Roger, this small patch should be installed in the same way as the main patch.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Wed 02 Mar 2022, 2:17 pm

You don't have to keep to the already created paths if you are in Explore mode. If you use the Function key plus the 8 key you can bring up an icon showing how the next point ahead of you is set, and can change it using the G key. The only problem is that sometimes points are very close together and if you are doing more than about 5 mph there is no time between points to initiate the change before you reach the point in question.
This icon also shows the first point behind you, useful if you are going in reverse. in that case you need to use the shift key plus the G key to change the point.
I like to use this method of exploring routes because there are often parts which are not reached by an of the published activities. But it is easy to get lost! So a good idea to save every so often so you can get back to somewhere you recognise.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down