Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red over Yellow

4 posters

Go down

Red over Yellow Empty Red over Yellow

Post  neanderthal Wed 19 May 2021, 9:22 am

Hello all, I have a question ,I've come across a Red over Yellow Signal, but can't figure out what it means. Is it a "Stop Go". As I'm 3 hours into the trip I'm loathe to pass it. Thanks in advance Neo. Oh I forgot this is an American run on Open Rails. Shocked

Last edited by neanderthal on Wed 19 May 2021, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added which Sim I'm running.)

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Red over Yellow Empty Re: Red over Yellow

Post  slipperman12 Wed 19 May 2021, 1:39 pm

Hi Roger,
I've also seen this display on F4 in Open Rails. What aspect does the actual signal show? If it's green or yellow, you should be OK to pass it.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 19 May 2021, 3:34 pm

Hello Ged long time since I've had the pleasure. The signal shows RED. I decided to bite the bullet and pass it slowly the next signal showed the same, and the Track Monitor showed a Train on the line in front of me. No Engine just a half mile of Freight cars.So Game Over.Thanks for the reply Roger  Red over Yellow 1f601

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Wed 19 May 2021, 5:14 pm

Which route ?

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 19 May 2021, 6:25 pm

Hi Roger,
Sorry I wasn't of any help Sad

In addition to Peter's question, can you please tell us which activity?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Thu 20 May 2021, 7:06 am

And what was the wording on the track monitor ?

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 20 May 2021, 10:00 am

It's called BNSF Scenic Sub, I've only just put Open Rails onto my PC so thought it would be worth a try before I go out and buy some Routes. Sorry but I don't remember the exact wording on the Track Monitor, something like "Train Ahead" but thats not a quote.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 20 May 2021, 10:55 am

Hi Jonathan,
I'm assuming you're running the Trainsimulations demo route.  There are only two activities - Eastbound Z Train and Westbound Grain. Which one, please and at which point do you get this signal aspect? I know you said "3 hours into the run", but can you give any location?

It might also help to know exactly which version of Open Rails you're running.  If it's the Stable version, I suggest you run the activity again with a more recent version because that one is well out of date and there have been many improvements/enhancements.  

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 20 May 2021, 1:13 pm

Ged you are correct. The Marker Post position was 1679 where the first Red over Orange appeared, when I passed that point the next signal was also red over orange. When I pulled up there the Monitor was showing a Yellow Train Ahead marker,which you could actually see from that point,No Loco was visible just Wagons.    That's on the Eastbound Z train activity.   I was running the version 1-3-1 but have just updated it to X1-3-1 - 358gb536b9278.. Thanks for the advice I will now try again. Roger, While I'm here where is the best place to go looking for Activities for Open Rails, they do not have to be freeware. Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 20 May 2021, 2:45 pm

Hi Roger,
Apologies for addressing you as Jonathan - blame it on my age Embarassed

I don't know of any payware suppliers who offer only Open Rails Activities.  Trainsim.com has several, including some for the TSN Scenic Sub Demo route; elvastower.com has just one activity for the Rio Grande Southern route Version 4.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT 16:55  The same happens with the latest MG version!  The player comes up to the 'loose' consist at about 15:42 and that appears to be where the activity finishes.
Thanks to the OR team for Autopilot AND the Time Acceleration facility!!  However, it's pointed out the reasons for me to dislike US freight activities - vast distances, slow speeds and (mainly) single line working.  I find them so boring, even when running at more than 10 times real speed!!

Last edited by slipperman12 on Thu 20 May 2021, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 20 May 2021, 8:19 pm

Thanks very much for your troubles Ged !

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  brace_2011 Mon 24 May 2021, 10:44 am

Roger, Ged

I have had a little look at this, and an AI service appears to be 'locked' somehow. It appears to be "EB Grain MT AI". Editing the traffic file [EB Z Traffic.trf] by removing the two lines:

Service_Definition ( "EB Grain MT AI" 37200
)

seems to remove the block and allows the activity to continue. In fact I can't actually see what benefit any of the 4 "EB Grain MT AI" services serve - they don't appear in the *.act file.

Although I am with Ged on this one - why would anyone want to continue with a dull, slow trek over a vast distance?

Martin

brace_2011

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 24 May 2021, 11:07 am

Thanks for all that, it's way above my head, as Ged would know. I'm with you both on American Routes in general, but it came with the open rail download so I thought I'd give it a go. Now I'm looking for some easy to install Routes as apart from that one all I have is the Zig Zag Route. Once again thanks for your help   Roger. Very Happy

Last edited by neanderthal on Mon 24 May 2021, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing error.)

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  brace_2011 Mon 24 May 2021, 12:05 pm

Hi Roger

I see you've been around here for 8 years  -  so I'm guessing you must have MSTS, and you probably have some add-on routes.  Run those through OR (if you haven't already) and prepare to be amazed.  I get a lot of fun out of Mid-East Plus, Dorset Coast, Plymouth-Penzance and North-West England in particular.  They look terrific in OR and (with very few exceptions *), the activities work well.

Martin

PS.  * the only exceptions I can recall off the top of my head concern a couple of pathing issues in North-West England

PPS. why did I not mention Thames-Trent?

brace_2011

Back to top Go down

Red over Yellow Empty MSTS

Post  neanderthal Thu 27 May 2021, 7:17 am

Hello Martin , I have dug out my old MSTS discs, do I just download them as of old or is it different for Win 10.As for my Routes they appear to have gone AWOL LOL. I only intend to use it (MSTS) for Open Rails.Cheers Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  brace_2011 Thu 27 May 2021, 10:57 am

Hi Roger

Your best bet for installing MSTS onto a Windows10 machine is to follow (to the letter) the advice given on the steam4me website, as follows:  

Steam4me tutorial here

This will mean that you will not be confined to (the still very limited range of) OR-only routes, and will see some older MSTS routes (examples in my earlier post) in a completely different light.

Another suggestion  -  I don't know what version of OR you are running, but my advice is to use the latest 'testing version' if you're not already, since the last available 'stable version' is now well over 2 years old.

Martin

brace_2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down