Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wessex Mainlines

+5
ShortNorth
Markh5682
andrew moody
dforrest
Jonathan David
9 posters

Go down

Wessex Mainlines Empty Wessex Mainlines

Post  cgood124 Wed 07 Aug 2019, 6:09 pm

With the aim of releasing Wessex Mainlines pt1, I just would to see if people were interested.

Pt 1 Covers Trowbridge to Westbury, Westbury to Castle Cary and everything in between (merehead and whatley quarries, the Westbury Cement works and Dilton Marsh on the Wessex Mainline to Salisbury). This part has already been released on UKTS but I fully understand that people who are not paid member have struggled so will hopefully get uploaded to here.

Pt 2 Covers Castle Cary to Weymouth and the small branch to Yeovil Junction from Pen Mill (keeping the Semiphore signals) This section is currently being worked on.

Pt 3 onwards will cover everything from Bristol in the north down to Exeter in the South.

If anyone has a question let me know and I will try to answer / help.

Many thanks

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Wessex Mainlines Empty Re: Wessex Mainlines

Post  Jonathan David Wed 07 Aug 2019, 7:53 pm

Yes please. I didn't download V1 because of its size - even with a subscription it would be iffy with our internet.
So having the route uploaded onto TSSH would be great. It looks really interesting.
I assume that it will be OR compatible.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 08 Aug 2019, 11:37 am

Hi,

I'm definitely interested and looking forward to the next release having enjoyed the initial release on UKTS.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Thu 08 Aug 2019, 12:54 pm

I also have the first version installed and would welcome updates. Activities would also be useful!

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:43 pm

Is version 1 still available please? Only, I cannot see it anywhere in the UKTS Routes section.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 08 Aug 2019, 10:03 pm

Hi Andy,
Yes, it's still available!  UKTS_36511 - it's under the 'Routes' entry, along with several other routes, within the Routes section!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sat 17 Aug 2019, 2:34 pm

I am glad to see people are still interested in the route of which will encourage me and my co-producer (of whom needs a lot of credit) to carry on.

I did ask for UKTS to put the route in its own sub section in routes but this was never done.

The plan is to upload to drop box and then just keep updating so the file size will just grow.

As for activities for the route I have looked into but couldn't figure out on how to do this, by putting in the major paths i was hoping that others could generate some excellent activities from the quarries or from the preserved railway.

Wessex Mainlines will not be the only release we shall do possible 2 or 3 more routes of which I cannot divulge at this time.

Does anyone have any questions or would like to contribute towards this route then please do get in contact with me.

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:07 pm

Hello all again.
I am pleased to announce that the Wessex Mainlines V1.2 is soon to be released via dropbox to the site.
If anyone has questions or would like to be a tester please let me know via pm.

Hopefully we shall get a page on the main site under the name of Wessex Team and all things MSTS that we do will be put on there, UKTS will still have up to V1.2 but from here on in this will be its first upload.

Will put another post up when route is ready

Many thanks

Craig

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:32 pm

Thanks Craig. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 25 Sep 2019, 2:43 pm

Hi Craig,

Whilst running the route I have noticed that the points don't move. I have several routes that use UKFS and in these the points work perfectly so is this a result of the particular points used or is it me? I have the "fix" installed to correct the shimmering when running with Open Rails.

As I indicated in my pm to you I have finished the current activities for the Dorset Coast Route and I am now starting on some for your route.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 5:36 pm

Hi Stephen,
Is it the fact that the points DO move, but the wrong way? There is at least one set of UKFS points that has this problem - ukfs_tr_32m_4d4.s  The left hand version of these points might have the same problem.
Frank Sandwell very kindly supplied me with the fixed shape several years ago and I'm sure he won't mind if I offer it to you.  If this is your problem, let me know and I'll attach it to my next post (assuming the system will let me!).
I've also got what appears to be the left hand version shape, but didn't get it from Frank (don't know where!).

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Wed 25 Sep 2019, 5:55 pm

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the sticking points, i am going to get version 1.2 link from my collegue and i will ensure that the fix is put in before releasing it properly.

Yours Craig

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 26 Sep 2019, 1:21 am

I have the last version of Route Riter released by Mike Simpson.

On the MSTS File Utils tab, there are two command buttons :

'Find stuck points in route'                   and

'Correct stuck points'.

I haven't had a need to use these, so don't know how they work, but maybe it is worth a try to see if your problem is fixed !

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 26 Sep 2019, 11:55 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the information, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Mon 30 Sep 2019, 2:54 pm

Hey all,

I currently have v1.2 in my inbox at present, so when i get the chance i will give the route a once over then will ask Justin to put the link on the site.

Hopefully a nice route to try out the re-released MT stock.

Many thanks

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 30 Sep 2019, 5:45 pm

Hi Brian,

I tried your suggestion using Route Riter without any luck. The points also don't move with MSTS.
I'll see what happens when v1.2 is released.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Mon 17 May 2021, 3:07 pm

Hi all,

I have posted this in the UKTS forums as I didnt know someone posted a question and no-one got back to them, so I thought I would post thensame reply here as I think the same person is on both forums and it could be handy for you folks here whi do not use the UKTS any more.

Sorry about the lack of response (I wasnt subscibed in this thread but I am in others).

The track work is done from Trowbridge all the way down to Weymouth as is most of the scenery, I have been working on the speed limits and signalling only to find that Openrails doesnt like working correctly (example heading out of whatley quarry to the Frome line the signal stays red no matter what I do), so a little bit more work needs to be looked in (maybe someone with Open Rails experiance could take a gander).

So far I have signalled and speed limted to best I can do as far as Maiden Newton (thankfully token section).

The route is far from abandoned, we still want to release as much as we can esp the Trowbridge to BTM section which will be popular no doubt, the hopefully we can get down towards Taunton atleast and see where we go from there.

If there is anything else to add I will keep updating, but please feel free to PM me i can always do with additional set of eyes to go over this.

Many thanks Craig and Alistair (Wessex Team).

The PM applies here also.

I have said in an earlier thread that we do have a few other routes so if interested let me know and I shall divolge at least 1 to you all.

Many thanks

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 18 May 2021, 11:36 am

Hi Craig,

Looking over in Elvas Tower I found this topic http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34851-persistent-red-signals/

I hope that this helps,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Wed 14 Jul 2021, 11:02 pm

Right small update.

I have gone round to some of the signals that have been causing issues and modified them to get some sort of normality to them so they are now functional.

Signalling is now down to Maiden Newton minus the station which i mucked up on and deleted the latest model,

If anyone wants a working copy so far let me know and I will prep the route.

Many thanks

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sun 03 Dec 2023, 3:56 pm

Greetings everyone.

Just a question for everyone and please let me know wot you guys think.

Part 2 of Wessex Mainlines is more of less done, however we have 1 more thing that needs to be sorted and that is a bestoke station at Maiden Newton (to go with all the other bestoke stations), we do following a hdd crash and the last known station was lost, all we have at the moment is platforms.

So my question to you fine folks

Do you want the route uploaded as is with just platforms and what ever I can throw at it to make it look like a station or would u rather wait until the model is done.

I would like to upload as a present to all here so please let me know.

Many thanks Craig

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 03 Dec 2023, 4:26 pm

Hi Craig,

I think wait until the new model is ready otherwise it won't match with the other stations.

Looking forward to part 2 being finished.

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Dec 2023, 4:34 pm

Hi Craig,
I would tend to agree with Stephen.
I think the saying is : "Why spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar" !!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sun 03 Dec 2023, 7:12 pm

Right I better learn how to make the station, atleast I got a starting point already done lol

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Mon 04 Dec 2023, 7:50 am

Right an up date,

I have managed to find a copy of the station building hiding on another PC, so now it is time for a bit of tidy up, package and upload to you amazing people

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Wed 13 Dec 2023, 11:20 am

Amazing work Craig. Very much looking forward to this fabulous extension for the Wessex route. Wessex Mainlines 1f44d

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum