Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Videos of British Steam Locomotives

2 posters

Go down

Videos of British Steam Locomotives Empty Videos of British Steam Locomotives

Post  slipperman12 Mon 14 Aug 2017, 3:21 pm

This year, a gentleman named Manu Guinarte has uploaded numerous videos to Youtube. They have been transferred from VHS with the resultant "shimmering" mainly at the bottom of the screen. The sound is a little "iffy" in parts, but doesn't detract from the enjoyment, too much.
I have watched two of them, Express Steam Locomotives of the London Midland and Scottish Railway and British Railways Steam. They comprise some archive film, but mainly they show activity from the 1980s/1990s. The films are narrated by Peter Woods (the ex-newscaster) and includes some interesting (to me, at least!) historical information regarding the different classes.

This is the link to the British Railways Steam video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRFNwVQkVy4

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Videos of British Steam Locomotives Empty Re: Videos of British Steam Locomotives

Post  slipperman12 Mon 22 Feb 2021, 7:53 pm

There must be many like me for whom the sight and sound of a steam locomotive at speed brings a tingle to the spine.!  Probably more so to those of a certain age who remember real scheduled steam hauled services, well before the Modernisation Era!  Thanks to the various preservation groups and the powers-that-be who control our railway system, we are still able to witness such wonderful sights, if only through the medium of Youtube!!   I often have a look on that website and, yesterday found several, what I think are, great videos. Some are quite long (40-50 minutes +), but I certainly enjoyed this one :

I hope you like it, too Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Videos of British Steam Locomotives Empty Re: Videos of British Steam Locomotives

Post  Tary5 Mon 22 Feb 2021, 11:14 pm

Hi Ged,

Purely by chance I came across and watched this video over the weekend. I too really enjoyed the content. It took me back some some sixty odd years to my childhood watching the trains go by on the WCML a couple of miles north of Crewe station. Most southbound trains were still travelling at speed and the sight and sound left a lasting impression on a young lad. So much so that here we are .....still enjoying railway matters. As you rightly say, definitely worth a watch. Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers For Now

Terry W.

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down