Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the number of couplings on stock

3 posters

Go down

Question about the number of couplings on stock Empty Question about the number of couplings on stock

Post  Scampispeedway Tue 24 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm

Hi Everyone, I noticed when changing the Cabview and Sound in stock, that some have one Coupling listed
while others have two.
Can someone explain why is so because it puzzles me, as I thought that stock should always have a front and
rear coupling.

Thanks
Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Question about the number of couplings on stock Empty Re: Question about the number of couplings on stock

Post  slipperman12 Tue 24 Dec 2013, 7:43 pm

Hi Bob,
Where an item of stock only has one Coupling entry, it refers to both ends!  Where two entries are used, the first refers to the rear and the second, the front, of the vehicle.  There are many vehicles having two identical entries, but I don't know what effect they have.  Rudolf Richter's manual merely refers to the fact that a vehicle "can" have two different types of coupling.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Question about the number of couplings on stock Empty Re: Question about the number of couplings on stock

Post  Scampispeedway Tue 24 Dec 2013, 8:44 pm

Hi Ged, thanks for your reply, I have seen on the odd occasion two different couplings listed, one the rear is
sometimes a Bar Coupling and the front is either Chain or Automatic.
When the rear is a Bar Coupling means the loco. has a Tender and the front coupling of this is a Bar type
to match so you cannot have just the loco. and must have a tender to complete the engine.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to everyone
Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  ianmacmillan Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:21 am

Where the coupling type is the same, the second coupling entry is a fix for the front coupling problem.
It should be the same as the first entry but include the line.....

Velocity ( -0.1m/s )

Since the coupling fizziks are for the rear coupling, when the front of the loco moves towards a vehicle the rear coupling is moving away from a potential vehicle.
You can see the effect when the front coupling comes against a vehicle and fails to couple but then couples when you draw away.

Adding the negative velocity fixes the problem.
All my wagons have the double coupling and I no longer have any coupling failures.

ianmacmillan

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:46 am

Hi Ian,
Many thanks for that explanation, but wasn't the front coupling problem solved by the "1.4" update? Or was it the Bin patch?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down