Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Download Activity Guide.

3 posters

Go down

Unable to Download Activity Guide. Empty Unable to Download Activity Guide.

Post  andrew moody Wed 27 Nov 2013, 9:15 pm

Hello everyone.
I would like to be able to make my own activities, so I have tonight purchased the Activity guide from AllAboardRails.
The following is what I have posted on the UKTS Acyivity thread:-

Help required please!
I have purchased downloaded(or at least tried to) the above from Rich Garbers AllAboardRails site before it closes.
I am unable to open the PDF download, Instead I get the following message:- The webpage cannot be displayed

"Most likely cause:
•Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content."

It appears that it is something called Mailbox which obviously I do not have or really need.
As usual there are pages and pages of stuff,about this Mailbox I do not have a clue what to do and if this site is closing over the next few days
It looks as if I have thrown £6.35 (I think it was) Down the drain.
Does anyone know how to open this programme. As always all help greatfully received.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Unable to Download Activity Guide. Empty Re: Unable to Download Activity Guide.

Post  slipperman12 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 10:46 pm

Hi Andy,
I have replied to your post on UKTS, as has another member, who gave a much simpler answer, assuming you hadn't tried it!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:31 pm

Hi Andy,
It seems the author has decided to close the link/site down. So please can I urge others not to buy before it is resolved... It appears as though Ged (Slipperman12) is trying to find an alternative solution to this. But if you want to learn how to create an activity then there is myself and Ben (Bharrison) and Ged who I am sure will test for you. I will give you some help if you want to try at Activity testing. The steam4me website got me into it an I have done 3 with another 2/3 in the pipeline.
Cheers
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:17 am

35005CP wrote:Hi Andy,
It seems the author has decided to close the link/site down. So please can I urge others not to buy before it is resolved... It appears as though Ged (Slipperman12) is trying to find an alternative solution to this. But if you want to learn how to create an activity then there is myself and Ben (Bharrison) and Ged who I am sure will test for you. I will give you some help if you want to try at Activity testing. The steam4me website got me into it an I have done 3 with another 2/3 in the pipeline.
Cheers
Andy
Hi Andy.
No the site is still open, See Geds more recent posting , I was just going to say that I have now resolved the downloading problem
thanks to a lot of help from Ged. and the guide all 106 pages of it are safely on my desktop.
Now if I will be able to actually make activities that work is a much different matter.
Something to try when i retire next year.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:17 am

Hi Andy,
I'm pleased you've got it sorted!
May I recommend that you save the downloaded file, and its password, or the unpacked zip file, somewhere safe, like an external hard drive, or better still, burn it on to a CD.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:54 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
I'm pleased you've got it sorted!
May I recommend that you save the downloaded file, and its password, or the unpacked zip file, somewhere safe, like an external hard drive, or better still, burn it on to a CD.

Cheers,
Ged
Hi Ged.
The first thing I did once I downloaded the file was to send it direct to my external HD.
Might try copying it onto a CDR
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down