Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the recommended basic steps to creating a route?

3 posters

Go down

What is the recommended basic steps to creating a route? Empty What is the recommended basic steps to creating a route?

Post  rufuskins Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm

Whilst waiting for some large files here at work to save, I read a thread on Train.Sim in which someone stated they were building a specific route and included some screenshots and asked for comments.
This generated a number of posts suggesting that what was being shown was not the best approach, and that what was being indicated would lead to significant problems down the line so to speak!
I was therefore wondering whether any of the current route builders would be prepared to provide a simple schematic for route building, with the emphasis on simple.
For example, should one lay all the track before adding platforms, signals, scenery, etc. Alternatively should one lay a nominal length of track and then add scenery. I should imagine that individual route builders probably use variations on these, or possibly something completely different. I ask this as a means of creating another part for the HFL area. I believe this to be of some interest bearing in mind that the Vone manual is no longer available!
I wish I didn't have these ideas floating around in my head, because then I could concentrate on experiencing train driving!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

What is the recommended basic steps to creating a route? Empty Re: What is the recommended basic steps to creating a route?

Post  35005CP Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

Alec,
Thanks so much for posting this. Lets hope we can get a useful step by step guide from an experienced user. I have been wondering this for sometime. I have attempted to start creation of a route in the past and failed miserably!
Maybe from this, in time, I can attempt route creation of the Midhants Railway (Watercressline) from Alresford to Alton.

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

What is the recommended basic steps to creating a route? Empty Re: What is the recommended basic steps to creating a route?

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Tue 23 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

Unless the consensus of opinion has  changed ( the last time i created a route in MSTS was the end of 2001). It was always thought best to lay all the track first. Things like signals, crossings and other inter actives, best left until last.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down