Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Else having a bad day?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone Else having a bad day?  Empty Anyone Else having a bad day?

Post  35005CP Sat 01 Jun 2013, 8:52 pm

Mad
Having a really bad day today having done the front brakes on my 2002 Ford Mondeo last week and attempting the rear this weekend. The Rear Passenger side went on okay after some gentle persuasion and the Drivers Rear as soon as I popped off the Calliper from the Pads the Piston popped off? (Very Strange)
So had to get a lift home this evening from the Inlaws after trying to wind the Piston back in!! Mad
SO got home and the Hoover decided not to work after the other half deciding to do the House-Work! Luckily only a Fuse.... Then a fairly expensive Ornament got broken (Not sure yet how, but could always blame the cat) A Feisty one he is!! Bengal X!
Oh well I guess these things are sent to try us!! They say things happen in 3's, I just hope tomorrow good things happen in 3!!!.....

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else having a bad day?  Empty Re: Anyone Else having a bad day?

Post  rufuskins Sun 02 Jun 2013, 4:23 pm

Andy
If only!
I had a sort of bad day as I have been unable to use the computer since yesterday morning as SWMBO decided that the carpet needed cleaning, and volunteered me for the task! Shocked
Anyway it's done now and here I am back at the keyboard.
Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:03 pm

Hi Alec,
Well at least after 3 hours of spending on the car today and a bit of force we hammered the Piston in to meet with the Caliper! Took ages to wind it back in mind as you have to push hard and twist towards the boot of the car!
Then had to refill the Brake Fluid Reservoir which had run dry (Obviously!) After pumping the brake pedal and bleeding the brakes, the overall procedure was a success!!
So all in all, a productive day! Now to concentrate on my DEMU.... Very Happy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:59 pm

I've only just remembered I started this thread and after 12 weeks of having the car and trying to put it through it's MOT, It failed miserably!! Rotten seals, Pipes, Engine close to being dead, although still starts up (And is now SORN)
So we're constantly on to Trading Standards and VOSA as the MOT Prior (+1) to the one we have done states all the work that were advisories back 2 years ago to what are at fault now.
Strange because the last MOT has slight play in ARB joint and we were going to get done, glad we didn't now. A doctored MOT Test certificate me thinks.....
Luckily my Inlaws have helped us out in getting a new car, not a Ford this time, but a Renault Laguna 1.9 dci. Very economical and cheap on tax. A win, win situation and bought from a garage also.

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 23 Jul 2013, 7:24 am

Andy
Modern cars are a fantasy world to me. When I need something doing to it I take it to the garage where my step daughter's husband works as a mechanic - or is it technician - and he immediately takes out the cigarette lighter bit and plugs in a laptop!!!!
I currently have a fault for which I'm waiting a price to fix - an O2 sensor he tells me?
Not sure what will happen when I retire at the end of October vis-a-vis the car!
On the bad day front I had a bad few days this week end when MSTS seemed to be overwhelming me but I have now get myself something like . . . .

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Not to make anyone jealous but mine’s been though its check-up, besides from overly dry brake slides and dry pulley axels on the fan belt drives (which I found the day after it got serviced) mine has been fine, besides from finding that the roof was covered in a thin layer of ice on Monday morning.

For me I’m having a run of bad luck:
Friday I had a run in with the store manager over his behaviour which offended a customer; Monday I had the assistant manager sulking because I got a massive sale right on closing time, and he didn’t get the sale because he didn’t want to help the customer; and today whilst doing the banking for the shop I got a parking ticket for being “near” (not actually in) a loading zone. I was told that if I had had a sign on the dash of my car that said that it was being used “for business duties” I wouldn’t have gotten the ticket! I have been told that it is for the company to sort out but the sulky 2IC doesn’t want to deal with it. Luckily my co-worker is good friends with the owner of the company so I my get this sorted the long way, otherwise it is $169 fine.

Justin

Anyone Else having a bad day?  Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum