Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quicky Question

3 posters

Go down

Quicky Question Empty Quicky Question

Post  neanderthal Tue 16 Aug 2022, 1:08 pm

I'm on the search for Stock used on the LYR Heartland please.
I see it comes with Consists, but can not appear to find the Trains (Motive Power).

So the Question is "Are they on UKTS", or "Where can I find them" Please. Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Quicky Question Empty Re: Quicky Question

Post  slipperman12 Tue 16 Aug 2022, 2:03 pm

Hi Roger,
You don't say which version of the LY Heartland route you're running, 1920s or LMS 1930.

If it's the 1920 version, have a look at the "LYR Heartland 1920 - Guidelines for Realistic Traffic Workings.rtf" file (in the "Activity Support Information" folder). About halfway down is a section "LYR Stock", which lists some rolling stock with their UKTS file IDs.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 17 Aug 2022, 12:32 am

Hello Roger (and others),

Full details of the rolling stock needed to run LYR Heartland is shown in the "Guidelines for realistic traffic workings' document - all common stock required is shown with the UKTS file numbers, so you can easily check which stock you already have and which stock you need to download. I have also provided full details of OPTIONAL stock that can be used in this route. If you find that a specific consist is missing a specific piece of stock in your system, then you may be able to substitute a different item of stock in that consist.

Unfortunately, many of the earlier stock authors provided only ONE item per download, which makes downloading 'dozens' of files a tedious matter, whereas I tend to provide a PACK of multiple items per download, to reduce the total number of downloads.

The simple logistics of trying to obtain all required permissions to use rolling stock, and include them with the route download, especially when many authors are no longer in the train simming community, and the associated massive increase in file size (100's of MB), along with the problems of hosting and downloading, make the situation unviable.

One last thing, I tend to use the same Trainsets and consists for ALL of my pre-grouping or LMS routes, so if you have already built a suitable trainset for say Huddersfield and Environs, most of that also applies to Heartland, Black Country and Stoke-Nottingham routes, whether they are the 1920 version or the 1930's versions.

Regards, Brian Bere-Streeter

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Quicky Question Empty Thanks

Post  neanderthal Wed 17 Aug 2022, 10:01 am

Yes thanks for that Brian,I'd missed that until Ged and now yourself had put me on to the right Track (Pun intended) lol! Neanderthal

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down