Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of trying a NEW old route

2 posters

Go down

Thinking of trying a NEW old route Empty Thinking of trying a NEW old route

Post  neanderthal Thu 17 Mar 2022, 9:18 pm

As most of us know on TSSH I'm a bit of a lover of MSTS ,especially the old (retro) routes. I still have a yearning for MSTS over OR which I do not find easy to live with.

But I digress, I have settled into OR, but for some reason I have lots of trouble with downloading....
Now I am trying to download the " Roussillon" Route from UKTS, but my PC seems to be throwing its Dummy out of the Pram on this one.

I expect to get the usual warning of this is an unsafe download,and somebody could come in on the back of it, but this time I'm even being asked If I know the person who I'm getting it from and do I fully trust the Down load.

So I guess the question is "has anyone else D/L this route,and did anything come of these Dire Warnings. (I do not have a Sandbox,and do not know how to get or work one anyway.) Thanks for any input Neanderthal Embarassed Embarassed

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thinking of trying a NEW old route Empty Re: Thinking of trying a NEW old route

Post  slipperman12 Thu 17 Mar 2022, 10:17 pm

Hi Roger,
That's a bit of a coincidence!!

I'm in the process of sorting out my archives, which have got into a bit of a mess.  One of the routes I was checking out was ......Roussillon!!

I don't know where I got it from, but I don't think it was UKTS because the file doesn't have an ID.

However, in the light of your post, I re-downloaded it from UKTS.  I had no problems like you mentioned and the route runs OK, after running the batch file.  I don't know if it requires any specific track system installed because it looks very 2000-like!!  I already have XTracks  and UKFS installed.

I think the messages you're getting are due to your anti-virus reverting to 'nanny' mode!  I only use the built-in Windows Defender.

By the way, the two extra locos specified are no longer available - please let me know if you want them -  nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : v4.1 of the route is available - with proper-looking tracks!! http://t.vaillant.free.fr/Ligne%20Roussillon/Ligne%20Roussillon.htm

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thinking of trying a NEW old route Empty Reply

Post  neanderthal Fri 18 Mar 2022, 11:05 am

Thanks again for your very valued assistance, I've D\L the 2.1 version hopefully following the instructions as best I could (well you know my skill level )).I was surprised to see that the acts are so short though. It would be nice to have the 2 missing loco's if possible (and they're easy to download).
It's so sad that MSTS add ons are so hard to get,and I'm so bad at downloading them myself, but its only fair to say I hope to get a few more years out of the Routes I have left. Roger Very Happy Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Thinking of trying a NEW old route Empty PS

Post  neanderthal Sun 20 Mar 2022, 10:54 am

Hello Ged once again
PS I also only use Defender, the notice that I get says it has been blocked by "Smart Screen" and it says the Site is "Unsecure", that's what makes me so nervous.
Do you think it alright to upgrade Roussillin to the new version anyway ?
PPS I looked at the "Leeds Carlisle" Route today and got the same message. "Site is Unsecure".... Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 20 Mar 2022, 1:10 pm

Hi Roger,
If you're referring the the Smart Screen you get when trying to run a program, then it's only displayed when the file is not in Microsoft's database so it doesn't know whether the file is malware or not.  If I'm pretty certain that the site I've downloaded it from is good, I click on 'More Info', then press the 'Run anyway' button.  I can't say I've ever had a Smart Screen warning that a site is unsafe, but maybe I've been lucky!!

If you were attempting to download the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle route by Renzo from ildeposito.net, although the top bar shows "not secure", it's perfectly safe.

Cheers
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down