Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to download files from UKTS

4 posters

Go down

Unable to download files from UKTS Empty Unable to download files from UKTS

Post  andrew moody Mon 08 Nov 2021, 7:15 pm

Hello everyone.
With the winter nights drawing in and having my computer repaired (Yet again) I am attempting to download all of the updates and stuff like Xtracks UKFS etc from UKTS.
I have just renewed my premium membership a couple of days ago as well.
When I attempt to download files, I get the Hand symbol pointing to the download arrow, but nothing else happens!
I can download all of the stuff from the TSSH site without any problems. but not from UKTS and I cannot work out why.
Any help most gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Unable to download files from UKTS Empty Re: Unable to download files from UKTS

Post  MS302 Mon 08 Nov 2021, 7:43 pm

I guess you are using Chrome as a browser.The answer is to right click on the arrow,which brings up a dialog box,click on "open link in new window".This gives a blank page.right click and click on "reload".File will then download.

MS302

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 08 Nov 2021, 10:08 pm

MS302 wrote:I guess you are using Chrome as a browser.The answer is to right click on the arrow,which brings up a dialog box,click on "open link in new window".This gives a blank page.right click and click on "reload".File will then download.

Thanks MS302 (Sorry I don't know your name) Rather a long winded way to download files, but yes it does work!
The problem that I am having is that I cannot find a lot of the files, such as the 25 update files  that are needed  after MSTS is installed  I also cannot find the 2.49 ConBuilder or new roads.
I have hunted through the miscellaneous and patch files without finding them. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.
Sadly, I did put all these files onto a memory stick which has become corrupted and I cannot access them anymore.

Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Tue 09 Nov 2021, 12:57 am

Hi Andrew, try the useful links thread on this site.................

https://tsforum.forumotion.net/f28-msts-links

You may find some of what you need there. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Tue 09 Nov 2021, 6:38 am

Hello Andy,it is Peter.If anyone is interested in real railways as it pertains to MSTS,feel free to ask.I have one request...is there anyone out there who could produce from the exMT Class 31,numbers 31 207 and 31 308 in "Dutch" livery ?

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Tue 09 Nov 2021, 6:44 am

UK Trainsim.Search "conbuider" in "downloads search"

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 09 Nov 2021, 9:03 am

Hi Peter,
...is there anyone out there who could produce from the exMT Class 31,numbers 31 207 and 31 308 in "Dutch" livery ?
I've had a look through my MT stock and the files Dave Babb very kindly supplied and, although I could have missed it, can't find any Class 31 in the Engineer's 'Dutch' livery. There are four in the UKTS library (UKTS_22309, 22310, 22324 & 22325), although they're not based on the Making Tracks shape.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Tue 09 Nov 2021, 9:25 am

Hello Ged,
I hope you ( and everyone else on here ) is well,despite the current situation.I have looked at those on UKTS but I much prefer the MT model for reasons explained elsewhere (the UKTS models have too much of a gap between the bogies and body).Unfortunately,my repainting skills (especially the numbering) is not good enough which is why I made the request.Never mind,the reason for it is that I used to work the Calvert "binliner" although only with 66s or the odd 59 or 60 and there is a video "A Load of Rubbish" featuring the train by LocoMaster Profiles hauled by the above 2 locos.Ah,memories.It was a very interesting train to work,I always ran it in "Pass" timings as the freightliner flats were good to work in "pass" rather than "goods" especially when trying to make up time on the approach to High Wycombe down Saunderton bank.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 09 Nov 2021, 11:05 am

Hi Peter,
Sorry, I can't help as reskinning isn't my forte (although I did 'Sarah Siddons' a few years ago!!). If you can find the correct font, renumbering isn't a big problem - I've done several of those Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Tue 09 Nov 2021, 1:41 pm

Thank you,Ged,
I think I can cope without them,I do not have the Chilterns route to run it anyway.I have no wish to criticise,because the chance of me building a route are about the same as swimming the Atlantic but I would have preferred a smaller,modern image route on which to really wallow in nostalgia !

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 11 Nov 2021, 12:39 am

Markh5682 wrote:Hi Andrew, try the useful links thread on this site.................

https://tsforum.forumotion.net/f28-msts-links

You may find some of what you need there. OK

Hi Mark.
Thanks for that, Yes indeed that link is very useful as I lost all of the Train Simulator stuff when my hard drive crashed and could not be saved. So I have had to start over again.
Many thanks
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Thu 11 Nov 2021, 6:33 am

Sorry you lost all your files,it just shows the benefit of making at least one backup.

Memory is very cheap these days,I have everything including all the payware files I ever purchased stored on both CDs and more robust storage devices.Not boasting,just saying.It saves lots of heartache.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 11 Nov 2021, 2:09 pm

Hi Peter,
That is very good advice, mate, but please remember that CDs (those created on home PCs and, I believe, those from UKTS) can have a limited life, especially if kept in too warm or damp conditions. This doesn't (shouldn't?) apply so much to CD-ROMs, which should be more durable.

It's as well to regularly test them to make sure they're still usable.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Thu 11 Nov 2021, 5:16 pm

Yes,Ged,everything is now on "more durable devices" rather than cds.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 23 Nov 2021, 4:46 pm

I have managed to get MSTS up and running at last,But am now unable to install UKTS 38868 ConBuilder. When I start setup, This happens.

QSetup will extract files to your Temp Drive (C:)

Estimated space required on your Temp drive is: 16.0 MB
Free space available on your Temp drive is: 46153.3 MB

Continue with Setup? Yes
Extracting files
Select Langauge English OK

ERROR
ConBuilder is not allowed to run on WinNTx
Setup aborted
My system is Windows 10.
I have never used or had WinNTx so have no idea why this is happening.? or why I am getting this error message.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 23 Nov 2021, 5:51 pm

Hi Andy,
Apologies if you have done so already, but if not, PLEASE, read the readme!

If you've ever run Win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, you HAVE had Win NT!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 23 Nov 2021, 11:35 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
Apologies if you have done so already, but if not, PLEASE, read the readme!

If you've ever run Win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, you HAVE had Win NT!!

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged.
Yes I have read the two readme's
The first is below
" Programs coded by Carlos Gomes. Debugging,Error corrections and additions by Joe Smith.
Full install program, just run cbsetup.exe No need to un-install the old one.
Questions, problems - Email to: conb200@(deleted.net or conb200@deleted.net or ask in the forum.
"Don't choose Spanish unless your OS is set to Spanish"

Beta Testers in no particular order:
(N:B: I have deleted the names)

And if I missed anybody, my apologies.."

And Readme first
" NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!NOTE!!
"Don't choose Spanish unless your OS is set to Spanish"
Proper method to setup conbuilder to get it working nicely with Shape Viewer and Route Riter.

1. If you already have route riter installed, no problem continue on to 2.
Install latest version of Route Riter

2. Install Conbuilder, select options as it goes, choose the folder where you have
the full install of Shape Viewer, (eg: \program files\MSTS Shape Viewer)
when asked. AND NOT THE ONE THAT CAME WITH ROUTE RITER.

Folder for screenshots option - set folder to \Program Files\Conbuilder\Pics
or where ever yours is.

3. If you already have Shape Viewer installed, preferably v1.6.187a then continue on to 4
install latest version of SHape Viewer

4. Run the full install of Shape Viewer, and setup the screenshot folder to be the same as in
Conbuilder, \Program Files\Conbuilder\Pics is preferred

AS long as both programs are set to the same folder for screenshots.

Where can you get Shape Viewer?

http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/trainsim/index.html
http://www.train-sim.com

Why are you doing this? To have pictures of your rolling stock to be seen in different places as
you use Conbuilder. Why choose a different folder than what Shape Viewer has? A temporary place
to store the pictures for Conbuilder to do its thing with them. "

Sorry Ged, But non of the above is of any help to me Am I missing something? What is shape viewer, Do I need it, will it help me.?
I do not remember having any problems the last time I installed CB from UKTS 38868.
Sadly, not only did my external hard drive fail, but all of the MSTS that I put onto a memory stick also became corrupted therefore I had to start over again from scratch. I am at a loss to understand why I cannot install ConBuilder or why I keep getting this error message.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 7:42 am

I believe that we are talking about CB 2.4.9 or whatever the latest free version is hosted on UK Trainsim.I have tried to install it on my backup WIN7 machine and get the same message about NT.I have had to use an earlier version which I already have (and is successfully installed on my main WIN7 machine).

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 1:11 pm

Gentlemen!
You are referring to UKTS 38868.
When you unpack the UKTS_38868_cb249.zip file, you get the following files :
cb249.jpg
CBfull249.zip
file_ID.diz
Install_Readme.rtf

file_ID.diz and the UKTS download page emphasise that you MUST read the Install_Readme.rtf file before attempting to install the program.

All of us involved with making this version of CB available knew of the problem with the installer, which why I took great efforts to ensure that anyone downloading it would also be aware!

If, after reading, and following, the instructions, difficulties are still being experienced, then I'll willingly look into the problem.

Ged.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 24 Nov 2021, 1:35 pm

Hi Ged.
I have re-downloaded UKTS 38868 this morning and I have now found your readme , Sorry but I missed that one completely.
I never normally touch Properties, as far as I am concerned that is technical information for technical people, which I am not!
I have taken a look at the ConBuilder properties and can not see any Compatibility tab.
It reads General Sharing Security Previous versions and Customise
UKTS_38869_cb 249
Type File Folder
Location C\Users\Andrew\Desktop
Size 12.3MB (12.947.849 bytes)
Size on disk 12.3MB (12.951.552butes)
Contains 4 Files 0 Folders

Created 24 November 2021
Attributes Read Only Black square (Only applies to files in folder)
Hidden White square Advanced

OK Cancel Apply

So which one of these options do I need to find this Compatibility tab ?
Any help very much appreciated, I really only need ConBuilder to make up consists but I am totally stuck.
Thanks
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 1:48 pm

Hi andy,
Sorry, mate, but you've right-clicked a folder called  UKTS_38869_cb 249!!
That is not what the instructions say.
Please read the instructions again, starting from the line :

Unpack the cbfull249.zip file into a temporary folder; this will contain several files including the installer, cbsetup.exe.  

and then follow paragraphs 1, 2 and 3.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 24 Nov 2021, 3:07 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi andy,
Sorry, mate, but you've right-clicked a folder called  UKTS_38869_cb 249!!
That is not what the instructions say.
Please read the instructions again, starting from the line :

Unpack the cbfull249.zip file into a temporary folder; this will contain several files including the installer, cbsetup.exe.  

and then follow paragraphs 1, 2 and 3.

Cheers,
Ged
Hi Ged.
I assume that these are the instructions that you are referring to .

" 1. cbsetup.exe must have its properties changed to :
(a) Run in Compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3) (mandatory)
(b) Run as Administrator (recommended)
The above may be actioned by making changes to the Compatibility details, reached as follows :

Right-click the .exe file, left-click 'Properties' then left-click the Compatibility tab.

2. Double left-clicking the installer will start the installation, when various screens will be shown.

3. By default, ConBuilder will install into C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit OS users, or C:\Program Files. It is highly recommended that it is installed into its own folder, outside of both these folders."

I have, as you have instructed, placed CBfull249 into a temporary file as below

cbsetup Application 12521KB No 12606 KB Date modified 02/09/2006 0818
copyright Text document 1KB 1 KB 18/07/2004 2221
File ID Diz file 1KB 1KB 02/09/2006 0818
Readme Text document 1KB 1KB 17/02/2006 0812
README 1ST Text document 1KB 1KB 17/02/2006 0812

The readme and Readme 1ST are the original 2006 versions, from Carlos! Your Readme does not appear. here.
Do I have the right ConBuilder folder downloaded from UKTS? Or has a problem occured since it was originally uploaded.
Sorry but this all leaves me somewhat confused.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 3:51 pm

Hi Andy,
NO! mate!!  You've already quoted from MY readme!!
" 1. cbsetup.exe must have its properties changed to :
(a) Run in Compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3) (mandatory)
(b) Run as Administrator (recommended)
The above may be actioned by making changes to the Compatibility details, reached as follows :

Right-click the .exe file, left-click 'Properties' then left-click the Compatibility tab.

2. Double left-clicking the installer will start the installation, when various screens will be shown.

3. By default, ConBuilder will install into C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit OS users, or C:\Program Files. It is highly recommended that it is installed into its own folder, outside of both these folders."

You now have to carry out  "Right-click the .exe file, left-click 'Properties' then left-click the Compatibility tab." - the .exe file being cbsetup.exe, then carry out 1(a) and 1(b).

I've just downloaded the file from UKTS and it's all still there!!

It might be that you don't have Windows showing file extensions - if that's the case, and you're running Win 10, from any Explorer screen, left-click 'View' (at the top of the screen) and at the top right of the screen, left-click the 'File name extensions' box so that a tick appears.  This is absolutely essential if  you really want to know which files you are dealing with, especially for MSTS/ORTS!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 24 Nov 2021, 9:47 pm

Oh Dear, All Rather embarrassing. Embarassed
Turned out to be something quite simple. in the end.
I opened up the temporary file, clicked on CBfull249, This time the exc image picture changed from a square to what looks like two wagons coupled together , So I clicked on to it and it opened  properties, The Compatibility button was now present, the result being that I was up and running within a minute!
Thank you Ged for all your help and patience over the last few days I really began to think that I would never be able to use CB again
So thank you once again.
Best wishes
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 10:50 pm

Hi Andy,
PHEW!! I'm glad we got there in the end Smile
I was beginning to doubt my own sanity!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down