Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to download items from UKTS

5 posters

Go down

Unable to download items from UKTS Empty Unable to download items from UKTS

Post  andrew moody Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:36 pm

I am attempting to download some BR Southern region Q class Locomotives from UKTS without success, these are File ID 31191 to 31195.
All I am seeing is disk.UK trainsim/uktrainsim/download/premium/39844/vdzcPA21P21NQE/31191/UKTS_31191_CCW_BR_Q_30530.zip.
Is anyone else having similar problems downloading stuff from UKTS or is it my computer that has a problem.
Any help very much appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Unable to download items from UKTS Empty Re: Unable to download items from UKTS

Post  Tary5 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:26 pm

Hi Andy

They are there. Try entering q class into the keyword search box. All the files you are looking for are there.

Cheers for now

Terry W.

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:56 pm

Hi Andy,
Terry seems to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick!!

It looks like it's a problem between the Google Chrome browser and UKTS - I have the same problem, but it works correctly with FireFox Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 25 Nov 2020, 6:39 pm

Tary5 wrote:Hi Andy

They are there. Try entering     q class     into the keyword search box. All the files you are looking for are there.

Cheers for now

Terry W.
Thanks Terry.
But I do have the file ID numbers, They are 31191 to 31195. It's just that I can not actually download them.
Thanks anyway
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Wed 25 Nov 2020, 6:40 pm

I also cannot download any UKTS files with Chrome, but Microsoft Edge works fine.

Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 25 Nov 2020, 7:15 pm

Hi Guys.
I do not have Fire fox, and am resisting having Microsoft Edge imposed on me.I prefer Microsoft Chrome.
I will contact UKTS and see what they have to say about it.
Cheers
Andy.

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 7:37 pm

Hi Andy,
If you've got Windows 10, you've already got Edge. Even if it's not your default browser, you can still use it by double-clicking its icon - just don't accept the invitation to make it your default browser!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 26 Nov 2020, 10:50 am

Hi All,

I too am unable to download UKTS Files using Google Chrome and I don't intend to have W10 forced on me until I absolutely have to - W7 works fine for me plus AVG Anti Virus programmes etc.

However, by going back to Internet Explorer for UKTS Downloads work perfectly. I know that it's a very old programme but "if it ain't broke why change it" to misquote.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 26 Nov 2020, 8:36 pm

StephenRWells wrote:Hi All,

I too am unable to download UKTS Files using Google Chrome and I don't intend to have W10 forced on me until I absolutely have to - W7 works fine for me plus AVG Anti Virus programmes etc.

However, by going back to Internet Explorer for UKTS Downloads work perfectly. I know that it's a very old programme but "if it ain't broke why change it" to misquote.

Regards,

Stephen

Many thanks Stephen.
I feel the same way about Microsoft edge, Did try to download it last night, but can only get a opening screen, and I did not like what I saw.
Internet explorer did the trick, as you say, It works perfectly and I now have been able to download those files.
Regards
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down