Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Couplings with Route Riter

5 posters

Go down

Changing Couplings with Route Riter Empty Changing Couplings with Route Riter

Post  andrew moody Tue 05 Mar 2013, 5:07 pm

Hello everyone.
I am attempting to change all of my automatic couplings to chain.
I have read up the tuional from steam 4 me.
Can get to the Activity stock, but when I hit check rolling stock, I then get an run time error 76 path not found.
Any ideas where I am going wrong please?
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Changing Couplings with Route Riter Empty Re: Changing Couplings with Route Riter

Post  mendes Tue 05 Mar 2013, 8:39 pm

I can't answer your question as I have never used this function, but may I ask why you want to do this? Are you aware that once you have done it then you will potentially have to standardise any new items of stock that you install, which to me seems like something of a chore.

In addition if in the future you decide you would like to upload an activity you have produced that requires coupling or shunting then it will probably cause major problems for the end user as you cannot reasonably expect them to have standardised their couplings.

mendes
mendes

Back to top Go down

Changing Couplings with Route Riter Empty Re: Changing Couplings with Route Riter

Post  andrew moody Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:16 pm

mendes wrote:I can't answer your question as I have never used this function, but may I ask why you want to do this? Are you aware that once you have done it then you will potentially have to standardise any new items of stock that you install, which to me seems like something of a chore.

In addition if in the future you decide you would like to upload an activity you have produced that requires coupling or shunting then it will probably cause major problems for the end user as you cannot reasonably expect them to have standardised their couplings.

Hi Mendes.
I can answer the former, I currently have a mixture of locos, coaches and waggons that have both coupling types, this causes problems coupling and uncoupling, Automatic will not couple to chain and vice versa.
I can also answer your second part with complete confidence,There is absolutly no chance of me ever being able to upload an activity I do not know how to write them for a start. Surprised
Ironically, Having to download,"N Minus" items of stock for briscard has created this problem for me.
Apparently this Route riter facility can be used in just a simple
couple of clicks. Now if I could only get past the Runtime error 76 and find this mysterious path. Neutral
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:25 pm

Andy,
A couple of questions if I may??

1) How much stock and Routes do you have installed?
2) Do you have Route Riter pointing to the correct directory? As in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Trains\Train Simulator or for Windows 7 an alternative directory?
I am doing a fresh install myself tomorrow; so will test my backup Trains and Routes folder and see how I go, but pretty sure I never got this. Got another Activity in the pipeline and some testing to do tomorrow as been out of action for a few weeks.
Anyway let us know and hopefully we can help?
Cheers
Andy
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

Hi Andy.
I have windows XP, currently with Briscard V6 and Thames Trent.
Re: Route riter
C:\Program files\Microsoft games\Train simulator\
From here I am unsure as to how further I have to go,Is it routes, trains/trainset? Sadly the steam 4 me tuional does not make that clear.
So I am still rather tied up.
Cheers
Andy

35005CP wrote:Andy,
A couple of questions if I may??

1) How much stock and Routes do you have installed?
2) Do you have Route Riter pointing to the correct directory? As in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Trains\Train Simulator or for Windows 7 an alternative directory?
I am doing a fresh install myself tomorrow; so will test my backup Trains and Routes folder and see how I go, but pretty sure I never got this. Got another Activity in the pipeline and some testing to do tomorrow as been out of action for a few weeks.
Anyway let us know and hopefully we can help?
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm

Steam4me has this entry for the referenced Runtime Error 76

I receive Error 76 when I first try to run Route-Riter after clicking OK on the Startup screen:
The possibility is that the Route Riter 6 registry entry has become messed up, in which case it will be necessary to use Regedit, and look for the entry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Route_Riter6

Right click on Route_Riter6 (and Route_Riter as well if it exists from a previous version) and select Delete from the menu. The program should then run OK. (The registry entries are then re-written when you next exit RR.)

Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  mendes Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

I can answer the former, I currently have a mixture of locos, coaches and waggons that have both coupling types, this causes problems coupling and uncoupling, Automatic will not couple to chain and vice versa.

Hi Andy,

If the activities don't work with the stock "as is" then surely it's down to the activity author?

If you standardise your couplings then potentially you have to keep doing it ad infinitum whenever you add stock.

It's a shame that MSTS bothered with the two different coupling types as it causes far more problems than it's worth. The only difference I've noticed is that unfitted goods wagons seem to "rattle" around a bit, but I'm sure this is a function of their braking parameters rather than the coupling. When you successfully couple to something else you get the same clunk whether it's chain or automatic.

mendes
mendes

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:26 pm

Im Sorry Alec.
But I do not understand any of this, I only have XP Home.
I cannot find any reference to error 76 on the steam 4 me error site.
What is Regedit and where can I find it please?
I have the latest version 7.6 (I think its called)
Im afraid that I am no computer expert either and all this seems very complicated.
Cheers
Andy
rufuskins wrote:Steam4me has this entry for the referenced Runtime Error 76

I receive Error 76 when I first try to run Route-Riter after clicking OK on the Startup screen:
The possibility is that the Route Riter 6 registry entry has become messed up, in which case it will be necessary to use Regedit, and look for the entry:

Right click on Route_Riter6 (and Route_Riter as well if it exists from a previous version) and select Delete from the menu. The program should then run OK. (The registry entries are then re-written when you next exit RR.)

Alec

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:15 pm

andrew moody wrote:Im Sorry Alec.
But I do not understand any of this, I only have XP Home.
I cannot find any reference to error 76 on the steam 4 me error site.
What is Regedit and where can I find it please?
I have the latest version 7.6 (I think its called)
Im afraid that I am no computer expert either and all this seems very complicated.
Cheers
Andy
rufuskins wrote:Steam4me has this entry for the referenced Runtime Error 76

Alec

Hi Andy,
If you click on the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of your screen and then type in regedit it will open the Windows Registry. From here scroll down the list and click on each item that points to HKEY_CURRENT_USER then Software then VB and VBA Program Settings and then Route_Riter6

Right click on Route_Riter and left click on delete.
Try this first and see how you get on, just make sure the application is closed when you do this.

Cheers

Andy
35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:49 pm

Hi Andy.
Sorry but thats not happening, each letter I type just takes the first program starting with R the second to e mails. etc.
If I go into the internet and search for regedit, which particular program do I need to download, its rather like looking for a needle in a haystack, even then I am not very confident that I will get routeriter to work.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 06 Mar 2013, 6:43 am

The list of error messages that relate to Route Riter can be found here

http://msts.steam4me.net/Route_Riter/index.html#error

The one for "76" is item No 2.

Alec

PS You could always try reinstalling RR?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 9:33 am

Hi Andy,
If I go into the internet and search for regedit, which particular program do I need to download
Regedit is built into Windows and is not a separate program.

As you're using XP, I think you need to press the Start button, then select Run; in the box, type regedit, followed by <Enter>.
Be VERY careful if you're editing the Registry because it's quite easy to corrupt it, which then results in Windows being unable to start. Sorry for the scare tactics, but if you're not sure what you're doing, I recommend you don't touch the Registry.

Alec's suggestion for reinstalling R-R is probably your best option!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:25 am

Well I took a very deep breath and with a lot of trepidation opened the
run facility, then followed Alecs original instructions to the letter until I found myself deleting the previous version of RR, which of course was why I was getting the runtime error and blocked path in the first place. Rolling Eyes
I have restarted my computer and it is still running OK but as you will have gathered,I DO NOT AND WOULD NOT attempt to "meddle" with the inner workings of my computer, so once again a "BIG THANKYOU" for your help.
I would have posted slightly earlier but instead replied to myself on the UKTS General discussions thread, I asked for help there before posting here and it is still currently at the top of the thread unanswered!
Is this telling us something?
Anyway ,Many thanks for all your help.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:55 am

Hi Andy,
I'm glad that you have managed to resolve the issue. Yes, I think it is telling us that this forum has more of a following with regards to MSTS related issues than UKTS. I've noticed that it is more biased towards Rail Simulator 2013.
Best Wishes
Andy
35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:08 pm

I don't believe that we are in a position to say what the policy of UKTS is towards MSTS and/or the other sim, and I would therefore suggest that we avoid such comments in the future.
It must be remembered that TSSH is meant to be specifically for MSTS and to a lesser extent Open Rails. The majority of our current membership are active in both forums, and hence specific queries are unlikely to be addressed in both.
Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down