Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1

Go down

CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1 Empty CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1

Post  slipperman12 Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:02 pm

Hi All,
If you've found that an add-on which previously installed OK appears to be completely unresponsive now, I may have the answer!

In September 2015, Microsoft withdrew support for the SecuRom anti-piracy system from Windows 7 (and, I assume, 8.1).  This was in update KB 3086255 and the good news is that if that update is uninstalled and the PC rebooted, it's very likely that the reluctant CDs can now be installed.  If it still won't play ball, start a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and enter :  sc start secdrv  then press Enter; try again.

Up to now, I've only found the West Somerset Railway, Severn Valley Railway and TGV Train Sim Pack to be affected; coincidentally, or otherwise, they are all released by Just Trains.

Note that these CDs will NEVER install into Windows 10 because the service is not included and cannot/will not/ be added.  See my posts on the Windows 10 Issues topic.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1 Empty Re: CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1

Post  slipperman12 Wed 20 Apr 2016, 9:24 pm

Hi,
Please see : https://tsforum.forumotion.net/t1136-msts-helpful-facts-and-links-part-35-unable-to-install-some-msts-route-cds

Note that it IS possible to install these CDs into Windows 10 Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1 Empty Re: CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1 & 10

Post  slipperman12 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 7:03 pm

Hi All,
While setting up my new-build PC, I discovered that Helpful Facts and Links 35 no longer worked for Windows 10.  I appreciate that the changes are most likely due to the Anniversary Update, but since everybody will be "forced" (eventually)  to have that update, I have amended the procedure accordingly.

Incidentally, I had hoped that the HFL 35 procedure would help with the MSTS CD2 problem, but, unfortunately, it doesn't!  I have found that CD2 isn't the problem, but "something left over" from CD1 - there's not much to check, but if I come up with anything, I'll post here.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1 Empty Re: CD Add-ons no longer installing into Win 7/8.1

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down