Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Office Suite

3 posters

Go down

Free Office Suite Empty Free Office Suite

Post  slipperman12 Wed 16 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm

Hi All,
At this time every year, Softmaker offer a basic version of their office suite for free with absolutely no restrictions or time limits. For each download they donate 0.10 Euros to charity. You do have to give your email address, to receive the unlock code and to receive newsletters, although you can unsubscribe any time without penalty.

It is Microsoft compatible and has an appearance more like the older MS offerings. I have been using the paid-for version for some time now without any problem.

As well as Windows, there are free versions for Linux and Android. Have a look here : http://www.freeoffice.com/en/

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Free Office Suite Empty Re: Free Office Suite

Post  rufuskins Wed 16 Dec 2015, 11:19 pm

Thanks for the link and I'll think about a download later. I assume and trust that the download doesn't include any additions such as alternative search engines? I'm still using LibreOffice which is also free and from what I can remember doesn't require registration. It too parallels MS Office and all of my spreadsheets, etc. work, although I'm not sure about the macro side?

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 17 Dec 2015, 9:05 am

Hi Alec,
No, mate, there are no 'nasties' included in the download from Softmaker! If you're happy with LibreOffice, there's probably no need to change - I doubt if you'd be getting anything much different from Softmaker.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 17 Dec 2015, 12:43 pm

I didn't really think that you would suggest something that might include "nasties", but you hear such a lot of stories of free software including "extras" in order to offset the cost!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  sbowness Thu 17 Dec 2015, 4:52 pm

Hi Ged

Thanks for putting this up. I'm lucky enough (so to speak) to get Office 2016 for $10 through work as part of their Home User Programme but there will be many people who would need one of the alternatives.

Merry Christmas

Stephen

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum