Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NWE a little Problem ?

4 posters

Go down

NWE a little Problem ? Empty NWE a little Problem ?

Post  neanderthal Fri 07 Aug 2015, 11:39 am

Hi everyone, I'm running the NWEv3 Activities and have had no problems so far,(if you haven't got it,its a great Route)but have stumped myself on how to proceed with the "Blyth to Ellesmere Port".
You start the act on the move and all you really have to do is keep to 60mph (max speed\Coal Train).The instructions say that you will be "Looped" at "Thorpes bridge Junction " which I have,here is my problem as what to do next.
I pull down the loop to the Red Signal (and trip the marker),but both my Signal and the one on the Mainline stay on Red and no Express Train appears to want to pass me.
Having made a save as I enter the loop and wondering how long to wait I did an MSTS shuffle and immediately get the Path and a Green Aspect. and so proceed.NO Problem.

But I'm asking the question because I have not seen a single piece of AI thus far...Should I just carry on,or try from the beginning again ?.... Embarassed

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NWE a little Problem ? Empty Re: NWE a little Problem ?

Post  slipperman12 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 1:40 pm

Hi Roger,
I would just carry on .... Smile

Sometimes you have to "do the Shuffle" and other times, not; I don't know what conditions make it necessary - maybe some expert activity writers can enlighten us! Or it could be just one of the quirks of MSTS Cool

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:14 am

Thanks for that Ged,but it still leaves me wondering what happened to the Train that was meant to pass me and complete lack of AI.Just one of those MSTS foible's .....I suppose. Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Sat 08 Aug 2015, 9:34 am

No AI at all?

Perhaps you could load the activity in AE and see if there's a Traffic file showing in the bottom right-hand corner where it says "Traffic Pattern". If it says "none", there's your problem. If a traffic pattern is showing and it's got services in it, then it's a different problem.

Niall

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm

Hi All,
I've just completed the Blyth to Ellesmere Port activity, and have to agree with Roger!
I didn't see any other trains, except for loose consists.  I got to the Ellesmere Port area at about 15:42, but, according to the .act and .trf files, 10 of the 17 AI trains start at or after that time.

I've run the act in AE, and the Leeds service should pass the Player at Castleton at about 14:48 - but I didn't see it!  The Player got to the holding loop at about 14:51 and as soon as the RP was tripped, the signal turned to green.  It appears that the Liverpool service is too far behind to affect the Player, it being at Castleton at about 15:00.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : on a rerun, still didn't see the Leeds bound train, but waited in Thorpe's siding without tripping the RP. The Liverpool service passed at 15:08:15, which was about 14 minutes after I'd stopped!!

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Sat 08 Aug 2015, 9:46 pm

Hi Guys,
I can confirm that there is indeed an issue with this activity.
Having checked with my 'original' back up of this, it appears that the traffic file contained in the download has somehow become corrupted Crying or Very sad
I'm going to correct, and once satisfied, will re-upload.
Apologies for the hassle.
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 08 Aug 2015, 10:09 pm

Thank you Ged,after reading your post I re ran it,as you said I was passed by a Dmu whilst in the loop.Before completion of the game I met another 4 assorted Dmu's,an Express in Warrington B Q and crossed in front of a Tank train at Helsby.

And many thanks Terry,great Routes and Acts,will be doing this one again when sorted.... Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:27 pm

I must confess that I'm struggling with this.
It's not one of my activities, so I don't really want to change anything. I've got a call out to Matt, the author, to see if he'll be willing to take a look, or failing that, to allow me to alter things myself.
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:48 pm

Apologies for the Radio silence on this Smile
I've spoken with Matt, the author of the activity, who kindly gave me the permission to 'tweak'
I was getting a stand-off at WBQ between the player train and two separate ai services, which I could only resolve by a couple of slight pathing modifications.
It's now running more or less as intended Smile (However, the 'wait' time at Thorps Bridge Junction has been reduced somewhat, which means that the whole activity is probably about 10 mins shorter now)
Rather than upload per se, I'm going to include it in the next patch, but if anyone would like to try it in the meantime, just give me a shout.
Cheers,
T

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down