Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Rail Strike on Bank Holiday

2 posters

Go down

National Rail Strike on Bank Holiday Empty National Rail Strike on Bank Holiday

Post  glasgowworks Mon 18 May 2015, 8:29 pm

Hi Folks

It is announced by the members of the RMT who works for Network Rail that they are planning an industrial action on Bank Holiday Monday 25 May and Tuesday 26 May. All train services in the UK will be affected.

Here is the BBC news article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32748029

Cheers Very Happy
Alistair Cowell
glasgowworks
glasgowworks

Back to top Go down

National Rail Strike on Bank Holiday Empty Re: National Rail Strike on Bank Holiday

Post  Scampispeedway Mon 18 May 2015, 10:33 pm

Hi Alistair, I went and booked a trip on Friday using the train to go to Aberdeen then on to Inverness
on the Bank Holiday Monday and returning the next day after stopping for the one night.
I read about it in the BBC News later on well down the list of items and so took no chances and on
Sunday I went back and got a full refund from the station straight away and saw that there was a
notice now on display at the counter.
Coming home I phoned the company I used to book the hotel and again got a full refund after
explaining my reason for not wanting to stay that night and was promised I would get my money back
in 3-4 days.
It means that I haven't lost out financially and will go next month when things get back to normal.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down