Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OttoDad Routines

2 posters

Go down

OttoDad Routines Empty OttoDad Routines

Post  rufuskins Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:51 pm

Just recently Otto Wipfel has posted an alternative method of installing MSTS in Windows 7 or later. I note that he has referred to a number of routines located on his website, a number of which are already probably familiar to simmers. One is called "msts-tracks-changer" which allows track types to be changed. Has anyone in the community made use of this and if so what results does it give?

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

OttoDad Routines Empty Re: OttoDad Routines

Post  slipperman12 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 4:10 pm

Hi Alec,
I haven't checked it out thoroughly, but I believe it's more orientated towards North American routes and track styles, although it could probably be converted for UK use.
It is basically a batch file system to switch between using different acleantrack1.ace and acleantrack2.ace files.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 14 Nov 2014, 6:42 pm

Thanks for that Ged. When I have my US MSTS set up I may add this. However I would appreciate some clarification as to what each "aclean..." does? Believe it or not even after some 6 years I don't really know! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 7:03 pm

Hi Alec,
They define the appearance of the track. Basically, acleantrack1 is how the track appears in a bird's eye view and acleantrack2 defines the appearance of the top and sides of the rails. There are quite a few different textures available, especially from European routes, but I'm not sure if they are interchangeable with the different track types, ie XTracks, UKFS, Ytracks, etc.
The files are in the route's texture folder and, if you've got TGaTools installed, it will display the .ace files.

I omitted to mention that Otto's Track Changer also covers YTracks textures, Ycleantrack1 and Ycleantrack2.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 14 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

Ged, once again I'm indebted to you. I need to sort all these bits and pieces out.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down