Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Developments

4 posters

Go down

New Developments Empty New Developments

Post  slipperman12 Sat 18 Oct 2014, 7:13 pm

Hi All,
Perusing the ElvasTower Forum, I came across what I consider to be a very interesting feature being added to Open Rails. I apologise if it's already been mentioned elsewhere!!

An AI train will be able to couple to another AI train, Loose Consist or, even, the Player train. It's only a short sentence but I think it has powerful implications. The question has already been asked as to if it will be possible for the loco of an AI train to be detached and run elsewhere!

There's no point in me supplying a link to the thread because one has to be a member to read it. However, if you are, go to Open Rails > Developing Features > Extended AI Train Shunting; there are some working examples which can be downloaded and run in your own OR, providing it's version X2570 or later.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

New Developments Empty Re: New Developments

Post  35005CP Sat 18 Oct 2014, 7:55 pm

Hi Ged,
Sounds Interesting........
Will keep an eye on other developments such as Acts created within MSTS running perfectly on OR and the ability to create detailed models with TSM to run in OR and forget about the Poly size for running in MSTS.... But on the flipside is every MSTS modeller keen on going over to OR, or do we need to keep Poly sizes down after these things have been ironed out?

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:49 pm

Hi all,

This is an exciting development which I will be looking forward to using at some point in the future. In one of my SCP activities I coupled the player loco to an ai loco which had already all but coupled to a loose consist - hence my excitement of this concept being taken even further. As stated in my S - Activities Topic I am currently converting one of my BrisCard activities to work properly in OR. This has to done in the MSTS AE but all testing is being done in OR.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:55 pm

Does anyone know if OR will be coming out with it's own Activity Editor in the future?

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:18 pm

Yes, mate Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  brace_2011 Wed 22 Oct 2014, 7:58 am

Those demonstrations are very impressive. The scope given by these developments is massive. OR looks like being THE future of rail sim.

Martin

brace_2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down