Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7

+4
StephenRWells
rufuskins
Markh5682
andrew moody
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: (Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7

Post  35005CP Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:17 pm

Hi Ged,
I have just installed Teamviewer.... Never used it before, but probably straight forward enough... Send an email request???...
I am out most of the day tomorrow as I have some meetings setup and some promoting to do... I should be back by about 4pm.... I will log on then to see what the outcome is and with how you are getting on Andy...
Don't fear or panic!! You have enough help on hand.... It will get resolved one way or the other....  Wink 
Catch up with you all tomorrow - Remember don't throw in the towel yet! All is not lost!
All the best
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

(Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: (Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7

Post  andrew moody Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:43 pm

35005CP wrote:Hi Ged,
I have just installed Teamviewer.... Never used it before, but probably straight forward enough... Send an email request???...
I am out most of the day tomorrow as I have some meetings setup and some promoting to do... I should be back by about 4pm.... I will log on then to see what the outcome is and with how you are getting on Andy...
Don't fear or panic!! You have enough help on hand.... It will get resolved one way or the other....  Wink 
Catch up with you all tomorrow - Remember don't throw in the towel yet! All is not lost!
All the best
Andy

Thanks Andy.
Right now I am stuck, trying to copy global folder as per steam4me instructions but my computer is saying NO, I am cutting and pasting but my computer is refusing to make a "copy" says the Destination folder is a sub folder of the source folder, I dont quite know why there is a need to do it anyway, the steam 4 me instructions are not very clear.!
Cheers
Andy (M)

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 12:21 am

Hi Andy x 2,
Andy (M) : It specifies to copy the GLOBAL folder as a security backup before changes are made to it.
It seems a little strange that you can't copy the GLOBAL folder - but, hopefully, with Andy C's help you will get sorted Smile

Are you sure you've installed MSTS in C:\1MSTS, as per the Steam4Me tutorial?  It's not in C:\Program Files (x86)\1MSTS or C:\Program Files\1MSTS is it?

Andy (C) :  No, you don't use email for TeamViewer, but you will need it for Andy (M) to tell you his ID and password.  It's very straight forward to use - if you've both got microphones, you can talk to each other (I suggest using headphones to avoid unpleasant feedback effects!).  There is also a messaging system built into TeamViewer and if you've both got webcams you can see each other!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 21 Aug 2014, 5:06 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy x 2,
Andy (M) :  It specifies to copy the GLOBAL folder as a security backup before changes are made to it.
It seems a little strange that you can't copy the GLOBAL folder - but, hopefully, with Andy C's help you will get sorted Smile

Are you sure you've installed MSTS in C:\1MSTS, as per the Steam4Me tutorial?  It's not in C:\Program Files (x86)\1MSTS or C:\Program Files\1MSTS is it?

Andy (C) :  No, you don't use email for TeamViewer, but you will need it for Andy (M) to tell you his ID and password.  It's very straight forward to use - if you've both got microphones, you can talk to each other (I suggest using headphones to avoid unpleasant feedback effects!).  There is also a messaging system built into TeamViewer and if you've both got webcams you can see each other!!

Cheers,
Ged

Thanks Ged - Are you available this evening Andy? If so, please can you let me know what your TeamViewer ID and Password is?
Sorry to ask but have you installed it?

Thanks

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:24 pm

35005CP wrote:
Andy (M) :  It specifies to copy the GLOBAL folder as a security backup before changes are made to it.

Cheers,
Ged

Thanks Ged - Are you available this evening Andy? If so, please can you let me know what your TeamViewer ID and Password is?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy.
No Im afraid I do not have a microphone or webcam Ged, I have completly reinstalled 1MSTS and can confirm that the administration thing still does not work.
I am going to attempt to PM you with my TV details.
Cheers and thanks
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:30 pm

35005CP wrote:

Cheers,
Ged

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy.
No Im afraid I do not have a microphone or webcam Ged, I have completly reinstalled 1MSTS and can confirm that the administration thing still does not work.
I am going to attempt to PM you with my TV details.
Cheers and thanks
Andy
Update: You have a PM

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:34 pm

Thanks Andy, I've just seen it. You have a PM as well.
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm

35005CP wrote:Thanks Andy, I've just seen it. You have a PM as well.
Cheers
Andy

And I have replied , It needs a partner ID Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:02 pm

My ID is 545 980 070
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:26 pm

We appear to be connected.
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:40 pm

Andy,
Unfortunately we aren't connected. Please try the other method I have PM'd you the details of what to do via Remote Assistance.
Thanks
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 9:04 pm

Hi Andy C,
Andy M doesn't have to do anything except start TeamViewer running - you do all the navigating, etc, although he can still use his PC to help you if required. One thing he mustn't do is to close his TeamViewer otherwise you will lose contact!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 21 Aug 2014, 9:11 pm

Hi Ged,
I thought so. I put in his username and Password for Teamviewer and it isn't recognized as being online....
I have sent you a PM for us to check between us if you don't mind so I can rule out a problem my end!
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 21 Aug 2014, 9:30 pm

Sorry Andy
My computer appears to be set up differently???
Going to remote assistance takes me to a screen called properties which says remote assistance underneath a tick box Allow remote assistance connections to this computer
Opening the advance: Allow this computer to be controlled remotely
Create invitations that can only be used from computers running Windows vista or later.
OK/Cancel.
When I press OK everything disapears.
There is no way it will let me type in an email address.

Looks like were doomed to failure again.

Sorry to take up your time

Thanks anyway.

Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 21 Aug 2014, 9:59 pm

Hi Andy,
What Firewall/Antivirus Software do you have Installed? Also do you use Microsoft Outlook as you're email client or is this web-based?
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:04 pm

Its Bullguard Andy and I am on Microsoft outlook

Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:09 pm

Andy,
Have you tried this link? http://portforward.com/english/routers/firewalling/BullGuard_Limited/BullGuard/Teamviewer.htm
It could be that it is stopping the Port from opening???
This is why Engineer's are needed to attend site to correspond with the Office based IT departments - lol - We will carry on with it until we get a breakthrough. But please have a look and follow the link I have sent you.
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:02 pm

35005CP wrote:Andy,
Have you tried this link? http://portforward.com/english/routers/firewalling/BullGuard_Limited/BullGuard/Teamviewer.htm
It could be that it is stopping the Port from opening???
This is why Engineer's are needed to attend site to correspond with the Office based IT departments - lol - We will carry on with it until we get a breakthrough. But please have a look and follow the link I have sent you.
Cheers
Andy
Hi Andy.
My bullguard link does not look anything like the attatchment,however I searched my bullguard and Team viewer is a trusted link and is allowed.
I have also reinstalled team viewer  my username is the same (will pm revised password.
The password you sent me was slightly confusing as it had what could have been capital I's Large L's or even the figure one.
I may have typed it wrongly and caused the system to throw a wobbley .
Hope this helps
Cheers
Andy

Update:You have a PM (Password revised)

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:38 pm

Hi,
Sorry I'm late, but I've been testing for Ben!

The password for TeamViewer in every time I've used it has been numeric only.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 22 Aug 2014, 12:17 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi,
Sorry I'm late, but I've been testing for Ben!

The password for Teamviewer in every time I've used it has been numeric only.

Cheers,
Ged
Hi Ged.
Andy's password certainly does have a combination of letters and numbers.
I have taken a look at the team viewer click on the connection then invite partner. apparently "The program can't start because WLD core-dll is missing from your computer
try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
I do not have a clue what it is, where to find it or how to install it.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:03 pm

Hi Andy (M),
wldcore.dll is included as part of Windows Live. Mine is in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared
I've just disabled that file and TeamViewer starts OK, although I don't have anybody to link to at present!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:34 pm

Hi Ged, Andy,

Here is a screenshot to show you what my Teamviewer screen looks like and to show you that the password has numbers and letters,

(Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7 - Page 2 Teamvi10

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:56 pm

Hi Andy C,
Thanks for the info!
However, I notice you're using a trial version of TeamViewer - the one I use is the free version 9, which may explain the different passwords.

That is your password - is Andy M using the free version?  He must bring up his screen (like yours) and let you know his ID and password; he must not close that screen, otherwise he'll go off-line and won't be found when you try to connect!  When you enter his ID in your Partner ID box and click in the "Connect" button, you will be asked to enter Andy M's password.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:08 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy C,
is Andy M using the free version?  
Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged/Andy
Yes I am using the free version.
Cheers
Andy(M)

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:21 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy (M),
wldcore.dll is included as part of Windows Live.  Mine is in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared
I've just disabled that file and TeamViewer starts OK, although I don't have anybody to link to at present!

Cheers,
Ged

I have just checked my x86 folder and it is installed in there as well.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 23 Aug 2014, 11:14 pm

Hello everyone again.
I have had some limited sucsess, I had another look at the properties on my 1MSTS, I looked in security where I am still stuck on
Authenticated user. I then went to edit then advance which is permissions for 1MSTS interestingly, unlike the screen in the first box, All of the Full control,
Modify
Read and execute
List Folder Contents
Read
Write These are black ticked
Special permissions is unticked (I do not intend to touch that one)
Next, I hit add, this gives me a box called select user or groupes I do not knoe if I should/or how to enter any text into that box.
I back pedaled, but found now that the full control box is black ticked non of the others or the apply button are.
I then went back to the ts unpack fix, this time was able to right click, where I found the run as administrator option open and it worked so now I can unpack Locos/stock activities.
My question now is,does the 1 MSTS properties still need changing to Administrators(Andrew-PC\Administrators) if so I shall still need some help please.
What I want to do is start putting some of my routes including Mini-Routes back on Is it ok to do that.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:48 am

Hello everyone again.
I have installed Mini Routes MEP and Scottish Central, with the latter, working most of the time but then without warning the activity ends suddenly by crashing back to desktop.
MEP I can select the activity, it will load up to the splash screen and then I get error message Train world initialization failed.
Have I loaded them incorrectly, Is there anything I have to do whilst setting up to run the disk.
Until it went wrong, Both these routes used to run on windows XP without any problem.
Please can I have some advice on what I should or should not be doing with this Windows 7?

Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:21 am

Hi Andy M,
You seem to have done everything correctly, but was Andy C able to connect to your PC using TeamViewer? If so, he'd be best able to tell whether your MSTS is in a "valid" location. To me, there are no problems using Windows 7, as long as you followed the Steam4Me tutorial.

Your occasional crashes are puzzling - you did install MSTS from its CDs into its current location, didn't you? That is, you didn't install it somewhere else then just copy the folder into its current location.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 08 Sep 2014, 11:10 am

Hi Ged and Andy,
I was unable to connect to Andy's PC. I tried many times, but to no avail. Maybe you could give it a go Ged or maybe even try connecting to mine to make sure it isn't a problem my end??
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:12 pm

35005CP wrote:Hi Ged and Andy,
I was unable to connect to Andy's PC. I tried many times, but to no avail. Maybe you could give it a go Ged or maybe even try connecting to mine to make sure it isn't a problem my end??
Cheers
Andy
Hi Ged/Andy.
Both SCP and MEP are installed in the same area as 1MSTS, By that I mean they are not in Program files or the X86 folders.
Re:Team viewer, It was probably something I was doing/not doing that caused the problem.

I have been looking at the remote assistance section but again the whole thing looks extremely complicated to set up. Im not sure who has to connect to who first!!!

Cheers
Andy M

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:37 pm

Hello all,I thought it was quite a common occurance for Win 7 to crash to desktop when on MSTS ,,isn't that why we are told to keep making saves ?  No  or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick again.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:40 pm

There are some suggestions in Steam4me with respect to the "Train World Initialisation Failed" error message, see HERE!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 08 Sep 2014, 1:34 pm

rufuskins wrote:There are some suggestions in Steam4me with respect to the "Train World Initialisation Failed" error message, see HERE!

Thanks Alec but it does not make any difference.
I do not have textured sky ticked, so it is not that.
Have copied the env files from Template to MEP, still the same problem.
I am not prepared to attempt to delete A1 trains as is suggested in S4me, That should not be a problem anyway, given that MEP is a pay ware route.
But thanks anyway, all worth a try.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 1:48 pm

Hi Andy M,
Just a point - some routes do require Textured Sky to be ticked, otherwise they won't run - one is Dorset Coast. I recommend it's always selected.

You and I can give TeamViewer a try, if you like Smile At least I'll be able to see if there's anything obviously causing your problems!
This afternoon I'm due to connect with Art, but I'm on-line most afternoons and evenings. You don't have to do anything except start TeamViewer running then send me your ID and password by email (saunderby[AT]hotmail[DOT]co[DOT]uk)
If you've got a microphone you can talk to me, but it doesn't matter if not because there is an Instant Messaging system built into TV. It is helpful for you to have your speakers on, then I can tell you what I'm doing!

Please don't do anything with Remote Assistance - it's not used by TeamViewer!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 11 Sep 2014, 12:41 am

Hi Ged/Andy/etall.
I re entered the textured sky in MEP and can now get most of the activities to run but the Mini Routes still seem to be unstable especially the longer activities.
For instance I ran Part two of Mystery tour with class 58, I took it around Drax Power station but passing through Knottingly on the way back, the sound went, the picture froze
and the activity just switched itself off, I had done a save earlier in the activity but I don't particulary want to run it all again.!!!
I have Greater Eastern on the ordinary MSTS and that runs OK.

I have looked at the security tag in the Properties in both SCP and MEP and they are set at System is this right? all he ticked boxes and apply button are faded out.
Why do I need permission or permissions or whatever it is called to run my own computer?
Any help still very much still appreciated.

Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 11 Sep 2014, 12:56 pm

Perhaps it's time to do a simple tutorial on setting permissions! I'll look to do something later.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 2:26 pm

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 11 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

I think I might have had some possible success with the 1MSTS. My security setting now shows "Everyone" Is this correct?
However I am still unable to change anything in either SCP, or MEP they are both set for SYSTEM.
All the tick boxes are present but as with the apply button they are all un highlighted or faint.
How do I get this permissions thing to work? Is there somthing else I should be or am not doing?
Do I press Add which takes me to a pane to enter the object names to select, which when I write in MEP Mini route it simply advices
me that "An object (user group or built in security principal)with the following name can not be found, what should I be typing into this box?
Why wont it work?
I have to say, this whole buisness is completely doing my head in!!! They both used to work fine on Windows XP
The object of the exercise was that now I have retired I would like to be able to relax and play some of the activities instead of doing Battle
with them.
Cheers
A very dejected Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 6:25 pm

Hi Andy,
Please don't lose heart!
All my mini-routes icons show as SYSTEM; in fact, the MSTS Desktop icon is the same. I think it's because the Desktop belongs to the System. There's no need to change anything there, in fact the more you change, the deeper in the mire you'll get!!
Using the User Everyone is useful to cover executables and folders, but I've never had to use it on my system.

Are you the Administrator on your system? You can find out by going into the Control Panel, click on User Accounts; to the right of centre, if it says Administrator under your name, then you are!

Another thing worth trying is turning UAC down, or even off - on the same User Accounts screen, click on "Change User Account Control Setting" then, move the slider down one or two steps. and click OK. Don't worry about the "Not recommended" messages - if you've got a reasonable anti-virus system installed you should be OK. My UAC is totally off and I've had no problems (famous last words!!).

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 11 Sep 2014, 7:07 pm

Hello Ged,please don't think I'm being awkward,BUT I'm pretty sure I was told a long time ago that MSTS was prone to crashing to desktop and that it was wise to make plenty of saves when running a longer Route,something that was not required on Windows XP. ?????

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 7:29 pm

Hi Roger,
No, I don't think you're being awkward!
I recommend, when running large routes, to take saves every 15 to 20 minutes.  You may not need them, but they sure help when a crash does occur!
I don't think MSTS crashes more under Win 7 than XP, but everyone will have their own opinions Smile  I've not run any of the recent mega-routes under XP, so don't know how they behave!  

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 11 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm

Ged as always an "Officer and a Gentleman".

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:58 pm

neanderthal wrote:Ged as always an "Officer and a Gentleman".

He certainly IS!!!
I changed my UAC slider to the lowest setting, SCP now seems to be running OK I have now been able to complete (with saves) the North Berwick to Edinburgh stopper.
MEP is better, but there are still issues setting up routes I have had two "Bad file" error messages causing me to have to "Force close" and restart my computer.
this evening, but am currently driving the mid day HST activity just left Peterborough, and saved.
MSTS1 also runs smoothly, my Greater Eastern route is OK.
Thanks a lot for your help and advice chaps very much appreciated this end.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 9:57 am

Officer and a Gentleman
Steady on, fellas, you'll have be blushing with embarrassment  Embarassed  I was never the former and not so sure about the latter!

Andy : If all seems to be working OK with UAC at its lowest level (ie Off) try with the slider moved up one position.
I don't understand the "bad file" comment - if you can give more information, maybe someone can help.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 14 Oct 2014, 1:57 am

Hello everyone (again Embarassed )
For some reason, I can not get my 1MSTS to load any of my acts, absoluetly no idea why it has stopped working but when I run an activity for Great Eastern or GE2 through
Trainstore, It loads up and then just goes back to the Desk top.
Intrestingly both of the Mini Routes MEP and SCP work OK.

Any help or ideas appreciated, I do not want to go through the process of reinstalling everything.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 10:03 am

Hi Andy,
The Mini-Routes work correctly because they use separate MSTS installations Smile

Regarding your main MSTS setup crashing to the Desktop - you must work back through the routes and/or stock you have added since it was working OK. If it was a route, maybe you don't have the correct tsection.dat file installed? Or Textured Sky is not selected in the Options - Advanced Display section.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 14 Oct 2014, 10:40 am

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
The Mini-Routes work correctly because they use separate MSTS installations Smile

Regarding your main MSTS setup crashing to the Desktop - you must work back through the routes and/or stock you have added since it was working OK.  If it was a route, maybe you don't have the correct tsection.dat file installed?  Or Textured Sky is not selected in the Options - Advanced Display section.

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged.
It only stopped working yesterday for no apparent reason. have tried system restore, I have disabled the Anti virus (with the router unplugged of course) and though i suspect for some reason the Anti virus is blocking it, I do not know how to alter it.
Basically, a MSTS act loads through trainstore, then it does not go any further, but the screen flickers and then stays at desktop.
Update: Have added another route (Whittle Colliery) 1MSTS is not working at all should I consider a full re installation from scratch?
How can I prevent my anti virus from blocking 1MSTS?
Cheers
Andy
Hope this helps.
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

Hi Andy,
Had you added ANYTHING to MSTS just before it stopped working?
As you've tried System Restore, it won't be Windows Update which is causing the problem, but have you added anything else to Windows?
You said you'd disabled your anti-virus, but did it work OK after you'd done that? If not, then your AV isn't to blame! If it did work OK, then you're right, but you've reported problems before with your Bullguard AV! Are you still using it? I ran Bullguard for some time (I still have a valid licence), but removed it after having numerous "funnies", not only with MSTS.

You've reported previously that you're running Windows 7 and that MSTS is not in Program Files - that's good! Make sure that the MSTS root folder is not read-only.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 14 Oct 2014, 1:07 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
Had you added ANYTHING to MSTS just before it stopped working?
As you've tried System Restore, it won't be Windows Update which is causing the problem, but have you added anything else to Windows?
You said you'd disabled your anti-virus, but did it work OK after you'd done that?  If not, then your AV isn't to blame!  If it did work OK, then you're right, but you've reported problems before with your Bullguard AV!  Are you still using it?  I ran Bullguard for some time (I still have a valid licence), but removed it after having numerous "funnies", not only with MSTS.

You've reported previously that you're running Windows 7 and that MSTS is not in Program Files - that's good!  Make sure that the MSTS root folder is not read-only.

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged.
No I have not added anything at all, the last action was to run the pre GE2 activities through the activity editor to resolve out of date SRV files.
Yes my anti virus is and always has been Bullguard, Yes it is Windows 7 and I have 1MSTS seperate from Windows 7.
What is the MSTS root folder and where do I find it?
All very strange,
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 1:26 pm

Hi Andy,
The MSTS root folder is the folder which contains all the other files and folders of MSTS. By default, this is Train Simulator (as in Mini-Routes) but yours will be 1MSTS if you followed the Steam4Me tutorial "to the letter".

I'm sorry, but, based of the information you've given, I can't think of a reason for your problem Sad Obviously, that doesn't help you ... but do any of the default routes work without returning you to the Desktop? Is it only GE/GE2 that you have problems with? If so, that's where your problem lies!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next