Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7

+4
StephenRWells
rufuskins
Markh5682
andrew moody
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7 Empty (Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7

Post  andrew moody Mon 11 Aug 2014, 8:49 pm

Hello everyone.
Following my XP software failure, I have now been upgraded to Windows 7, I am looking to install MSTS but have been put off by UKTS (see thread unable to install Scottish plus)
I have been advised to avoid program files and look at the Steam 4 me site tutional which I have and quite honestly I cannot make head nor tail of it.
I only have a standard C drive plus a D drive for CDs and E drive for CDs and DVDs As far as I know These are for Downloading stuff onto my C drive.
I do not like the idea of overloading my D or E drives.
Please may I have some advice before I proceed.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

(Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7 Empty Re: (Re) installing MSTS on Windows 7

Post  Markh5682 Mon 11 Aug 2014, 8:56 pm

Hi Andy

The easy way to explain it is to create a folder outside of program files or program files x86, called MSTS (or whatever you like) then point the MSTS installer to that folder instead of program files, then install as normal.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 11 Aug 2014, 9:30 pm

Markh5682 wrote:Hi Andy

The easy way to explain it is to create a folder outside of program files or program files x86, called MSTS (or whatever you like) then point the MSTS installer to that folder instead of program files, then install as normal.
Hello Mark.
Is this in C folder? At the moment Windows 7 is a very new toy which I am navigating by trial and error at this point I have not been able to figure out how to create a folder
When I can create one, where does it go that's what's puzzling  me right now.
Cheers
Andy
Update: New folder currently sat on desktop called My Train Simulator, What do I do next please, not very confident this is going to work.

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 12:32 am

Hi Andy.

You can leave the folder on the Desktop, but it would be better to move it from there.

You can move the folder from the desktop into your C: folder so that the address becomes C:/ My Train Simulator, when you install MSTS, point the MSTS installer to " C:/ My Train Simulator" and install it into there.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 12 Aug 2014, 7:24 am

Andy
I can confirm Mark's recommendation, and if you look at my recent post on making a copy of MSTS I used the folder name 1MSTS. This puts the folder towards the top of the list in the C drive and hence makes it easier to find.
Item 8 in the Steam4me method uses the same and shows what needs to be typed.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 12 Aug 2014, 6:59 pm

Hello Alec/Mark.
I have at last managed to get my 1MSTS up and running after several attempts many thanks for your help and advice.
My next task is to do he add ons, the trouble is I have downloaded them from the MSTS quickpick site but cannot work out how do retreive them from my new windows
7, its rather like looking for a needle in a haystack, of course it does not come with any instructions on how to use it
All I know is they vanish somewhere at the bottom of the screen never to be found again.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm

Hi Andy

Search your drive C: for a folder called "downloads" they are probably in there.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 12 Aug 2014, 11:28 pm

Search your drive C: for a folder called "downloads" they are probably in there.

Thanks Mark, they were not in my C Drive but did a search and found them, but I am currently unable to install either 1.7 or 1.8 version of  MSTS Bin.
The error message I get is The file C:\1MSTS\Train.exc is not a valid previous file and could not be upgraded.
Any help as to what I am doing wrong please.
Regards
Andy

edit: And another one Unable to get trainstore to work The train store storage folder cannot be contained within the MSTS structure folder C\1MSTS\JA Formoso\trainstore.
It was originally directed towards Program files X86.
Im sure there will be more!.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 13 Aug 2014, 12:38 am

Hi Andy

It sounds like your version of MSTS is the original V1.0,  you need to upgrade it to V1.4 for Bin to work.

V1.4 update available Here

You can also get the extra content on the same page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think you can install trainstore in the same folder as MSTS if my memory serves me right.

Create a new folder on your C drive called "trainstore" and install it into there.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 13 Aug 2014, 9:33 am

Hi Andy,

When you go to download a file a pop up box appears at the bottom of the screen, if you click on "save as" you will then be able to save the file to a specified location. It also follows that you will then know where it is. As a personal choice I save to a "Downloads" folder before unzipping( if necessary ), copy and pasting into final destination or using the installer when supplied.

Mark is right, Trainstore has to be installed into it's own folder.

Windows7 does take a lot of getting used to - keep persevering and you will soon master it.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 13 Aug 2014, 10:26 am

Hi Andy,
To remove previous version of MSTSBin to allow you to install the new version. you need to do the following;

Remove the following files from your MSTS Installation folder.

MSTSBin_Backup
Rail Drivers Dlls
Translated Dlls

And the files,
Uninst_MSTS Patch xxx.exe
Uninst_MSTS Patch xxx.log

These files are occasionally left behind after an 'Uninstall'.

This should then allow you to install the new version of MSTSBin.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy

Ensuring these are removed will also allow you to install a new MSBin installation.

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:06 am

Hi everyone.
Have got the Bin installed ok and thanks to everyone for help and advice,but am still having big problems, with MSTS, something I never  experienced with XP, my Bull Guard
anti virus blocks MSTS.
I can start to run an activity but it then freezes because the Anti virus has kicked in and the "Allow Block message is trapped underneath, I have to physically
turn the computer off to clear it.
Have contacted Bull guard, their reply as to what  to do is well beyond my capabilities so I really am stuffed for ideas.
Microsoft have got a lot to answer for, there was nothing wrong with XP.
Guess I will have to go back to the shop again.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 14 Aug 2014, 8:36 am

You're dead right there Andy,Win 7 is rubbish by comparison.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:59 am

Hi Andy,
From what you are saying it sounds as if it is Bullguard that is the problem, rather than MSTS. It looks as if you will need to allow MSTS to run through Bullguard. Here are Instructions on what you will need to do via the Bullguard website; https://www.bullguard.com/help/3/10/EN/FW/module_firewall_applicationRules.html

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 16 Aug 2014, 12:13 am

Hello everyone.
A bit of progress today. I remembered that there was an "report false positive option with my bullguard anti-virus, so yet another uninstall/reinstall and yes this time it works
Have been loading all the updates but do I need Y tracks S02, Z Tracks and I have two versions of T section 42 one is T section 42UK
Also which is the best version of MSTS Bin for windows 7 I used to use 1.7022 on XP .
Any help most appreciated, I have done UKFS, UKST TS unpack, train update, New roads X tracks steam smoke and the Dash9 upgrade.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 16 Aug 2014, 12:24 am

Hi Andy,
If you use mainly UK routes, Tsection #42UK would be better, although most routes are quite happy with #38.

It doesn't matter which Bin patch you use, whatever your Operating System, but, although described as a "Working" version, 1.8.0521 is stable and I believe most MSTS people are using it. It does have several improvements over v1.7 in particular regarding (I think) electric stock.

Some routes specify the use of YTracks and/or ZTracks, so it's always best to have them handy, if not actually installed!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 16 Aug 2014, 2:10 am

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
If you use mainly UK routes, Tsection #42UK would be better, although most routes are quite happy with #38.

It doesn't matter which Bin patch you use, whatever your Operating System, but, although described as a "Working" version, 1.8.0521 is stable and I believe most MSTS people are using it.  It does have several improvements over v1.7 in particular regarding (I think) electric stock.

Some routes specify the use of YTracks and/or  ZTracks, so it's always best to have them handy, if not actually installed!

Cheers,
Ged
Thanks Ged.
It all appears to be working so far.
Next problem is ConBuilder which when I ran the disk tells me ERROR ConBuilder is not allowed to run on WinNTx Setup aborted.
So Im pretty gutted, I have had ConBuilder for years, Dont know what to do now, Don't think ConBuilder is available any more. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
Im really warming to this Windows 7 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  NOT!!!!
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 16 Aug 2014, 8:19 am

To the best of my knowledge ConBuilder is still available here.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 16 Aug 2014, 9:26 am

Hi Andy,
I didn't know Conbuilder was available on disk! However, if you purchased Conbuilder (as opposed to using the old freeware version), follow Alec's link then send a email using the link on that page.
If you're using the freeware version, then it works perfectly OK under Win 7! If it is on a disk, then maybe it's the installer which is having problems, especially if you're running 64-bit Win 7 and the installer is 16-bit.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 16 Aug 2014, 10:45 am

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
I didn't know Conbuilder was available on disk!  However, if you purchased Conbuilder (as opposed to using the old freeware version), follow Alec's link then send a email using the link on that page.
If you're using the freeware version, then it works perfectly OK under Win 7!  If it is on a disk, then maybe it's the installer which is having problems, especially if you're running 64-bit Win 7 and the installer is 16-bit.

Cheers,
Ged

Sorry Ged.
I cannot find any reference to a ConBuilder link I have searched through the helpful links pages, Sorry but I don't understand any of this, what is 64 bit? Can I change anything?
Im desperate to get it to work,My conbuilder disk came via 3DTS, I have had it for at least 10 years.
Sorry to be a pest
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 16 Aug 2014, 11:31 am

Hi Andy,the link is in Alecs Post 3 or 4 letters above this one.Just click on the word"Here" in that Post.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 16 Aug 2014, 1:20 pm

Again my understanding is that ConBuilder is a download. If you have a legitimate copy but don't have the 16 character key then email them with your details and they'll send you the key. Well they did that for me!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 16 Aug 2014, 5:06 pm

rufuskins wrote:Again my understanding is that ConBuilder is a download. If you have a legitimate copy but don't have the 16 character key then email them with your details and they'll send you the key. Well they did that for me!

Hello Alec and Ged.
They are already on the case and have emailed me back and I need a licence.
Im also having an issue with Trainstore, What do I have to write into the panel and does it go into the X86 folder?
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat 16 Aug 2014, 5:16 pm

Hi Andy.

Don't put anything MSTS related into the program files or the x86 folders, especially things like trainstore where the program needs to move items around, or permissions will stop the program from moving stuff.

Create a new folder on your C: folder called Trainstore and install it into there.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 16 Aug 2014, 6:49 pm

At the risk of causing confusion, I have Train Store located in Program Files and so far it has worked OK. However I would still recommend that Mark's advice is followed.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 17 Aug 2014, 1:34 pm

Well Im nearly there (I hope) , How do I set up the path for the new ConBuilder Does it go into 1MSTS  or what? 
and does anyone know what version of Java do I need for Routeriter?
But many thanks for the help so far.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 17 Aug 2014, 1:54 pm

It appears you need the 32 bit version of Java,though I do have that,but my PC doesn't like to admit to it.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sun 17 Aug 2014, 2:36 pm

andrew moody wrote:Well Im nearly there (I hope) , How do I set up the path for the new ConBuilder Does it go into 1MSTS  or what? 
and does anyone know what version of Java do I need for Routeriter?
But many thanks for the help so far.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy,
I have Windows 7 64 Bit Operating System on my laptop and I have Conbuilder installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ConBuilder and it works fine for me. From memory you just have to tell Conbuilder where the MSTS Installation is....
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:00 pm

Once you have Java installed for Route Riter it will monitor for updates. I have the latest version and Route Riter works fine with it.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:18 pm

rufuskins wrote:Once you have Java installed for Route Riter it will monitor for updates. I have the latest version and Route Riter works fine with it.

Hello Alec.
Which version of Java would I need to download?
There appears to be multiple choices and I dont know which one to pick.
Thanks
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm

Hi Andy,
This link should work; http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml#Java for 32-bit
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale Mon 18 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm

Can I just link back to
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=273&t=115313&p=1416043&hilit=java#p1416043

If you are using W7 64bit; I found I needed both the 64bit & 32bit versions of Java installed.

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 18 Aug 2014, 10:42 pm

Well at last it appears that I have everything running at last! Must admit there were times when I wanted to throw the towel in, but with every ones help I
managed it.
Just got to sort out the issue of why a lot of my files will not open (PDF EML noy yo mention consist and  engine/wag files.
Many Many thanks to you all for your help and advice.
Very much appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

Last edited by andrew moody on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 10:54 pm

Hi Andy

You may still need to set some permissions, or assign a program to open these files.

Instructions on how to set permissions and run as administrator are Here

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 18 Aug 2014, 11:23 pm

You may still need to set some permissions, or assign a program to open these files.

Ah this would account for why I was advised to do the Steam 4 me install, I wonder if this is whats causing me to not be able to open unpackaged activities despite having the TS unpackager activities fix.
I have downloaded a couple of activities from the Trainsim site for the default Marias pass, on the basis that I may have to take the computer back to the shop to be able to open files, and they refuse to open.
I'm afraid,  I dont understand this "permissions" buisness, I have 1MSTS,ConBuilder RouteRiter and Trainstore outside of the programme and X86 folders,  
Why does all this have to be so complicated.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 11:53 pm

Hi Andy

If you follow the instructions on permissions I posted, it is quite easy to do, it is more complicated to write or read it than it is to actually do.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Tue 19 Aug 2014, 12:40 am

If you follow the instructions on permissions I posted, it is quite easy to do, it is more complicated to write or read it than it is to actually do.

Hi Mark.
I have (I think) done it though the "apply" button was greyed over but the top section is now ticked.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:18 am

Hello again everyone.
Still having problems with Windows 7 and MSTS.
I cannot read any of the consist,engine and wagon files as I get the following error message.
"This file does not have a Program associated with it for performing this actions. Please install a program,If one is already installed Create an association in the Default Programs
control panel.
I do not have a clue what to look for or where to find it, can anyone help me with this.
The other problem is that I cannot unpack any new files as I get a failed to open package message.
Again I do not have a clue as to why any of this does not work, I never had any such problems with windows XP .
Any help very much appreciated.
Cheers Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 20 Aug 2014, 12:12 pm

Hi Andy,
Is this when you try and go into the .eng file or .wag file? If so, You need to associate it with Notepad or you can use Context Editor which is what I use and is available as a download here; http://www.contexteditor.org/index.php
Also to unpack the Activity files you need to download Tsunpack Fix which is available here; http://www.activitysimulatorworld.net/Les_utilitaires/TSUnpack-Fix..htm
Hope this helps?
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 12:24 pm

Hi Andy.

To associate it with a program.
Double click on a file, to open it, and when the error box appears, choose "select a program from a list of installed programs" click "OK"  select wordpad, or notepad from the list, check the box (tick) that says "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" then click "OK"

Do that with all unicode file types EG: .wag .eng ,con. etc.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 20 Aug 2014, 1:59 pm

35005CP wrote:Hi Andy,
Is this when you try and go into the .eng file or .wag file? If so, You need to associate it with Notepad or you can use Context Editor which is what I use and is available as a download here; http://www.contexteditor.org/index.php
Also to unpack the Activity files you need to download Tsunpack Fix which is available here; http://www.activitysimulatorworld.net/Les_utilitaires/TSUnpack-Fix..htm
Hope this helps?
Andy

Thanks mark eng/wag/ cons now up and running.
The Tsunpack Fix still does not open the unpackeger,  though Andy, The only thing I can think is that I downloaded MSTS into 1MSTS as per the steam4me guide
and has the unpackager headed for a different program, I really dont understand why it does not work.
Cheers
Andy
Update: Just had a look at Steam4me, it appears I have to "Run as administrator" but once again I dont know what to look for or how to do it!

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:23 pm

Hi Andy

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:57 pm

[quote="Markh5682"]Hi Andy

Instructions on how to set permissions and run as administrator are [url=https://tsforum.forumotion.net/t29-setting-permissions-on-vista-windows7][b][u]Here[/u][/b][/url][/quote]

Hello Mark.
Think I have found the cause of the problem but cannot fix it.
I am unable to get the apply button of the properties file to highlight, therefore when I attempt to make changes, it defaults back to the original.
Sorry but I'm becoming rather confused as to exactly where my 1MSTS file should be situated?
All of my files are outside of either program files and program files (X86) as are Routeriter ConBuilder and Trainstore. Is this correct?
I have opened properties on 1MSTS gone to open security and advance settings which shows Authenticaded users, When I change to Administrators etc
the top Full control box ticks but again the ticks are not highlighted, I cannot click on apply so it defaults back to Authenticated users.
Should I uninstall MSTS Im sure that I followed the Steam4me tuitional properly.
I really do not understand any of this.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 4:49 pm

Hi Andy.

Are you logged into windows as the administrator? (under your administrator account) windows will not let you make system changes unless you are.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 20 Aug 2014, 5:12 pm

Markh5682 wrote:Hi Andy.

Are you logged into windows as the administrator? (under your administrator account)  windows will not let you make system changes unless you are.

Hi Mark.
Absolutely no idea, I don't even know where to look for my administrator account to find out.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

Hi Andy.

When you open up properties and click on the security tab, it gives you a list of usernames including the administrator one. if you have more than one account name, try logging into them if you can remember the passwords, and try the admin settings with each of them, which ever one it works with, that's the admin account.

Anything other than that I'm not sure of as I only have one account on mine which is the administrator account, the other Andy (35005CP) is our computer expert and he will probably know more about this than I do.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 20 Aug 2014, 5:41 pm

Thanks Mark!  Very Happy  lol - Had one of them days myself with the Business and promoting and only just getting the car back!
Andy, can you post some screenshots on the forum please and I can possibly help you a bit better?? Or do you want me to login to your PC again to have a gander and fix it?? (My charges are on my website! lol) - Only joking of course!!  Wink 
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:52 pm

35005CP wrote:Thanks Mark!  Very Happy  lol - Had one of them days myself with the Business and promoting and only just getting the car back!
Andy, can you post some screenshots on the forum please and I can possibly help you a bit better?? Or do you want me to login to your PC again to have a gander and fix it?? (My charges are on my website! lol) - Only joking of course!!  Wink 
Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy.
I have actually been looking at the S4me site and its possible that I did not download 1MSTS correctly, I appear to have left some things out including 28 files and something called techdocs, Dont know if I should do a reinstall or not.
I have also spent most of this evening trying to load a picture from S4Me of the Folder tree with the run as administrator icon shown,
but everytime I uploaded it to this page, it disapeared again I cannot find anything resembling that on my computer, I really dont know what to do and have got somewhat worked up.
I still dont understand why I need permission to use my own computer!!!
The other thing was, that the S4Me tutional said at the end of installation, restart computer but my disk says run game.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:17 pm

Hi Andy (M),
I suggest you follow the Steam4Me tutorial and reboot the PC after installing MSTS!

It's very difficult to try and solve PC problems like yours when working blind! I would take up Andy C's offer to log on to your PC and see what's happening and to show you how to get MSTS working properly. He'll probably use something like TeamViewer, which is very good. I've successfully used it several times to help Art (abclare) with his problems Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:28 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy (M),
I suggest you follow the Steam4Me tutorial and reboot the PC after installing MSTS!

It's very difficult to try and solve PC problems like yours when working blind!  I would take up Andy C's offer to log on to your PC and see what's happening and to show you how to get MSTS working properly.  He'll probably use something like TeamViewer, which is very good.  I've successfully used it several times to help Art (abclare) with his problems Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged.
I actually do have team viewer installed by the shop that upgraded me. Yes I will re download MSTS and try and do it fully this time. and if that does not solve the issue yes please Andy I will take up your offer but will see how I go.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next