Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMD Graphics Drivers and Windows 8.0

2 posters

Go down

AMD Graphics Drivers and Windows 8.0 Empty AMD Graphics Drivers and Windows 8.0

Post  slipperman12 Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:05 pm

Hi All,
I have posted this here because it doesn't affect MSTS users - I think we all know the reason why!!

With effect from the 25 June 2014 release of version 14.6 beta of their drivers, AMD state they will no longer be supporting Win 8.0.
Further details are available on this webpage : http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Cheers,
Ged

Last edited by slipperman12 on Sun 29 Jun 2014, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

AMD Graphics Drivers and Windows 8.0 Empty Re: AMD Graphics Drivers and Windows 8.0

Post  NiallGray Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:23 pm

Link doesn't work, Ged.

EDIT: I think I saw this anyway. Didn't they mean they wouldn't support 8.0, but would support 8.1, which is a free upgrade?

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

AMD Graphics Drivers and Windows 8.0 Empty Re: AMD Graphics Drivers and Windows 8.0

Post  slipperman12 Sun 29 Jun 2014, 9:18 pm

Hi Niall,
Apologies - I don't know what went wrong there! - Have re-pasted link and it seems to be OK now!

Yes, they said they would not be supporting Win 8.0 but recommended users take the free upgrade to 8.1.

EDIT : Yes, I DO know what went wrong! I copied my UKTS post and didn't notice that the full path isn't shown there, even though it works OK. Doh!!  Embarassed 

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down