Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defining Speed Restrictions in AE

3 posters

Go down

Defining Speed Restrictions in AE Empty Defining Speed Restrictions in AE

Post  35005CP Fri 07 Feb 2014, 9:33 pm

Hi all,
I have looked into this and I am currently doing an Act on the Dorset Coast Route. Question is does anyone have a set of Instructions on how to put a Speed Restriction on the player service between certain points on the route? The reason for this is because of wrong road-working (Because of Engineering works) and a service train in the platform before the Player service crosses over... So if possible I need to put a 5mph speed limit up until past the station...
Many Thanks
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Defining Speed Restrictions in AE Empty Re: Defining Speed Restrictions in AE

Post  casperdog Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:07 pm

Hi,
Right click on the player path and select 'restricted speed zone. A little red flag should appear, left click, hold and drag it along the path. The zone won't extend over a point node so you may need to put in several restricted zones.

Make sure in the view window that restricted zones are enabled.

I don't think you can specify the actual speed of the restriction,as I think that is defined in the route .trk file.
Cheers
Clive

Thames Trent V3 :30 miles to go.
casperdog
casperdog

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:49 pm

Thanks for the reply Clive,
But unfortunately it isn't working for me. It just seems to move the screen and not the flag. It states when you right click on the mouse 'Define Restricted Speed Zone (start)'
Hope you can help, otherwise I might need to add prompts to tell people to slow down to 5mph.... And then there is how do you define the speed limit?
Thanks
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  casperdog Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:33 am

Hi Andy,
Oops. That will teach me to offer help without actually checking how I do it.

Right click and get the little red flag. Release the button and you should get a little round circle which you can drag without holding any mouse buttons. Left click when its at the point where you want the restricted zone to end.

An alternative is to put a location event just before your speed restriction with a message displaying whatever you want and hope people take notice, and then another at the end of the restriction giving further instructions.

Cheers
Clive

Thames Trent V3 :30 miles to go.
casperdog
casperdog

Back to top Go down

Post  mendes Sat 08 Feb 2014, 10:21 am

You could use the Reach Speed option in an Action Event to set the Speed Linit up to whatever you want it to be. You would need location events at either end of the area to turn the Action Event on and off.
mendes
mendes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down