Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny's Stem Era South Eastern Route

3 posters

Go down

Danny's Stem Era South Eastern Route Empty Danny's Stem Era South Eastern Route

Post  mikehendle Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:14 am

Hello Danny
This train might make a good activity is the Night Ferry which according to my copy of the District Controller View for the the Kent Coast which has working time tables in it.It is 1950's Steam operations.
According the book the Night Ferry was even to heavy for a Merchant Navy,so the train was piloted by a L1 class loco.
the train was either a L1+ WC\BB or L1+ MN then stock.

Another Train the 05.32 Dover Priory to Canterbury East, BR Std 4 2-6-4T stopped at Kearnsey 05.38,Sheperdswell 05.45,Snowdown 05.50. Aylsham 05.53, Adisham 05.56,Bekesbourne 06.02 Canterbury East 06.07.
If you are interested in any more timetables let me know.

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Danny's Stem Era South Eastern Route Empty Re: Danny's Stem Era South Eastern Route

Post  dee4141 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 2:19 pm

Hi Mike, I appreciate your interest! Very Happy It's a tad premature at this stage though as there's still lots to do to finish the route...
I was aware of the double-headed Night Ferry, and as well as the combinations you mention, two Light Pacifics were also used on occasions.

Unfortunately the Kearsney to Canterbury line is not part of the route, though both the lines to
Kearsney from Dover Priory and the line to Canterbury from Ashford will be seen.

It has crossed my mind that it would be possible to make 2 part activities using LSE, starting at Charing Cross and travelling to Tonbridge, and then switching to South East for the journey into Kent.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Danny's Stem Era South Eastern Route Empty Re: Danny's Stem Era South Eastern Route

Post  mikehendle Mon 04 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

Hi Danny,
I have just had a look again at my book and it will not be of any use,as it is the Medway route to Dover via Faversham and Ramsgate to Dover.

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 06 Feb 2013, 12:02 am

mikehendle wrote:Hi Danny,
I have just had a look again at my book and it will not be of any use,as it is the Medway route to Dover via Faversham and Ramsgate to Dover.

Mike
Hi Mike,
The only solution that I can think of is, It's a Saturday night and there is engineering work taking place, so the Night Ferry is diverted either via Tonbridge and the Ashford Paddock Wood main line or it joins the Mainline at Ashford or alternativly is diverted through Deal.
Of course you would need the BATS LSW route for the stock.
Just a thought.
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down