Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activity Creation - Where to find Source?

4 posters

Go down

Activity Creation - Where to find Source? Empty Activity Creation - Where to find Source?

Post  35005CP Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:29 pm

Hi all,
This may probably sound daft, but I am working on an activity currently with my Hastings DEMU's sets, but how do you go about finding the source and ID's required to run the activity/s in question? I know most will come from the MT LSE Add On, but there are other's I have added in which "fit the bill" with already made consists and stock I have. I want to make sure I get this right before release.
Cheers
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Activity Creation - Where to find Source? Empty Re: Activity Creation - Where to find Source?

Post  slipperman12 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:26 am

Hi Andy,
how do you go about finding the source and ID's required to run the activity/s in question?
I assume you mean the file IDs on UKTS? I download most UK items from UKTS as they appear and store them in my archive - I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this! Although more are being issued as installers these days, once a basic identity is established, it's not too difficult to determine the source for a given vehicle. If you can supply me with a list of vehicle folder names, either here, by PM or email, I'm sure I'll be able to help Smile 

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Activity Creation - Where to find Source? Empty Re: Activity Creation - Where to find Source?

Post  dee4141 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:28 am

Presumably you're looking for typical services and identification headcodes? Have you tried www.semgonline.com ? I haven't checked for DEMU services, but they have all the steam service headcodes.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

When I'm creating activities that use downloadable stock from UKTS; I tend to have a think about what would fit the route in my chosen time period & then download it from UKTS saving it in a folder entitled (for example) DC Activities. I then make a note of them as I use them in my readme file as I go.

It does mean that I can end up downloading items multiple times if I find something that would be suitable across routes at different times; but I don't personally think that is a major problem.

I also tend to do a test before packaging it up by copying out my Trainset folder and installing everything needed fresh and then checking it works ok - using Trainstore/Route Riter to identify any problem items.

If you're not sure what is being used in an activity; then Route Riter can give you a stock listing for a specific activity.

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down