Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDJR Coal

4 posters

Go down

SDJR Coal Empty SDJR Coal

Post  abclare Mon 05 Aug 2013, 3:44 pm

Hi All.

When i run this act i get an old problem in foward veiw (1+up arrow) i get Loco parts in my view i have had this before and been given numbers to change in the Eng File (After Backup) but can not remember how to do it any help please??  Loco is:- DR_BR_7F_53806.

Art. An older one.
abclare
abclare

http://stp.co.uk

Back to top Go down

SDJR Coal Empty Re: SDJR Coal

Post  slipperman12 Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:51 pm

Hi Art,
We've covered this many times before!  The last time was earlier this year, here : https://tsforum.forumotion.net/t233-locos-foward-view#2991

In that I mentioned a PM I'd sent you in July 2011.  I presume you don't have that any more, so I have quoted it, exactly as I sent it, below :
Regarding the cabview of the SDJR 7F

If you really want to use the Shift-1 view, try the following :
1. Copy the FOWLER_TENDER_CAB.cvf file somewhere safe - away from MSTS, just in case something goes wrong!
2. Open the FOWLER_TENDER_CAB.cvf file (in Common.Cab/RF_Fowler_Cabs folder) using Context or WordPad.
3. Towards the top of the file is a line which reads Position ( 1.1 3.2 0 )
4. Change this line to read Position ( 1.1 3.2 3.4 ) ie change the last 0 to 3.4
5. Save the file.
6. Test any SDJR 7F loco - press Shift-1 and you should find all the 'bits' have gone, BUT you are further forward along the loco.

This means that :
i) every loco which uses that cvf file will have the same view,
and ii) in the 'normal' cabview (key 1) the view out of the front windows will be too far forward.

I noticed that, even with the unchanged cvf file, some pipework is visible when looking left in either view! Must try and change that next!

If you don't like it, just copy the saved file over the one you've changed. If you want to keep it for the 7Fs only, you can - but I'll wait for your reply before I go through what you need to do - it's not complicated!

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Since you've not yet picked this PM up, I thought I'd make use of it! I've been able to get rid of the 'bits' showing when you look left in the cabview!
In the same cvf file, the second Position entry reads ( 0.5 3 0 ); change it to read ( -0.45 3 0 ). You must keep all the spacing the same - there must be a space between any bracket and a number.

I suggest you copy and paste the above into a NotePad document and save it somewhere safe!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  bharrison Mon 05 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm

Art,

Ged has pointed you in the right direction and gave you a link on how to do this. You have covered it in another thread

I'm Locking this thread now To stop things going round and round.

Thank You Ben  A4PSmember[b][color=#ff9933]
bharrison
bharrison

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

Hi Guys,

How about we try something a little bit more beneficial and helpful to everyone?
We will make an entry for the HFL section which covers how to remove a crew from a locomotive, and one that covers how to change a cabview.

I know myself that when trying to remember how to do some things I have forgotten and (pre TSSH opening) would often get frustrated searching through PM’s or masses of posts just to find that one little bit of info that I needed.

Justin

SDJR Coal Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down