Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thames Mersey Act 057 Down Manchester Pullman

3 posters

Go down

Thames Mersey Act 057 Down Manchester Pullman Empty Thames Mersey Act 057 Down Manchester Pullman

Post  andrew moody Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:33 am

Hello everyone.
I have recently purchased Thames Mersey 4.3 and I am working my way through the multitude of activities starting with the early electric/BR Steam era.
Up to now all of the acts I have run have been short haul, Not right through from London to Liverpool or Manchester.
All of the acts (Useing Train store and with Bin patch version 1. have run perfectly.
I decided to try the down Manchester Pullman act with loco E3046 0750 departure from Euston calling Watford junction 0805 to 0807 then right away to Crewe,
arriving 0926, No problem driving to Crewe plenty of passing A1 traffic, No stuttering, However slowing down to 60MPH at Basford Hall I sudenly encounter
a multitude of "Failed to open SMS objects" messages, All of the track layout, buildings the bridge the country end are missing, the activity freezes but I am able to use view 2 outside the train view 3 the rear, view 4 various camera angles, I have not saved the activity anywhere therefore I have to manually
turn the computer off, I run the act again, but this time making saves, excatly the same thing happens approaching Crewe, but this time despite the track disapering I can run into the station, the platforms and a few station objects are present, I depart Crewe, and after Sydney Bridge junction everything
comes back, scenary, Masts, signals and track.
At Handford the same thing occurs multitude of "Failed to open sms objects and the act freezes, I have had to give up, I'm very disapointed not being able to complete the act, I have had no problems running other activities over this route, have been through crewe from all directions.
Can anyone give me some idea as to what has gone wrong, I have never encountered this problem before.
DO I need to reinstall Thames Mersey ?
I am running Windows XP home.
Best wishes
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Thames Mersey Act 057 Down Manchester Pullman Empty Re: Thames Mersey Act 057 Down Manchester Pullman

Post  dee4141 Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:18 am

Hi Andy,

As the activity seems to run OK, then has object visibility problems, then runs OK again it sounds as if a tile is too densely populated for your settings - try turning down your settings a notch or two .
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Thames Mersey Act 057 Down Manchester Pullman Empty Re: Thames Mersey Act 057 Down Manchester Pullman

Post  andrew moody Sat 06 Jul 2013, 1:19 am

dee4141 wrote:Hi Andy,

As the activity seems to run OK, then has object visibility problems, then runs OK again it sounds as if a tile is too densely populated for your settings - try turning down your settings a notch or two .

Hi Danny.
Yes indeed the Crewe tile is over populated apparently, Although if I run a local (Say Stafford to Liverpool) act there is no problem, but it looks as if the long haul acts from London gobble up the virtual memory which is why I "Crashed" approaching Crewe.
The answer is to save the activity before reaching Crewe Basford Hall and another save after stopping in the platform, which I did.
The result was a faultless run into Manchester Picadilly.
I am very reluctant to turn down any settings I must admit that I have them on maximum and Thames Mersey is running fine (Well until Crewe:lol: ) At least I know what the problem is, the reason I posted, I initally thought there was a problem with the disc, think I can live with it OK.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  dee4141 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:33 am

Hi Andy, Come to think of it , I had this problem some years ago when working on activities for MEP. The solution I believe, was to make regular saves in "quiet" areas of the route.
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:10 am

dee4141 wrote:Hi Andy, Come to think of it , I had this problem some years ago when working on activities for MEP. The solution I believe, was to make regular saves in "quiet" areas of the route.

Hi Danny.
I am getting MEP when it comes out, Guess I will need to watch the long distance activities, at least I will know what the problem
is.
I guess a lot of these activities are designed for the more modern Hi-spec computers, I stick to good old Windows XP.

Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:25 am

Hi Andy,

The only ones I turn down are from best graphics to best performance,I usually turn of distant mountains,and the shadows,even though I have a year old computer,it still runs out of memory,on the longer routes,I think it's more MSTS problem than computer,after all MSTS was never designed to for these advanced systems,it was designed for windows 98.

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 07 Jul 2013, 1:39 am

mikehendle wrote:Hi Andy,

The only ones I turn down are from best graphics to best performance,I usually turn of distant mountains,and the shadows,even though I have a year old computer,it still runs out of memory,on the longer routes,I think it's more MSTS problem than computer,after all MSTS was never designed to for these advanced systems,it was designed for windows 98.

Mike

Thanks for reminding me about the settings Mike, Yes I did have everything turned right up, The shadows and distant mountains are now off, the slider leans towards Best performance so dont know if that will make any difference.
The DVD actually comes with a "Health warning" Clearly stating that is a VERY LARGE route and needs Trainstore (Goes without saying)
and also tells me in case of difficulty to SAVE the Activity EXIT And LOAD the SAVED activity.
On the UKTS thread you mentioned Dorset Coast, No, I dont have it or want it, Too much like the day job,in fact I spent nearly nine hours
today running a Dorset Coast activity Like three return trips Bournemouth to Weymouth complete with real passengers their luggage buggies
etc.
No I prefer Routes that I can run trains from The past 40 or 50 years on Thames Mersey Great Eastern and of course the forth coming MEP.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Sun 07 Jul 2013, 9:13 am

Hi Andy,
The same reason I don't do flight simulator,I worked for a airline,the planes worked fine when passengers weren't around,I finally switched to Cargo Operations,at least that sits in a corner of the warehouse,until it's time to go on the aircraft,passengers well that is a different kettle of fish.

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down