Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steyning Route - Download Version + Activities Help Required

4 posters

Go down

Steyning Route - Download Version + Activities Help Required Empty Steyning Route - Download Version + Activities Help Required

Post  rufuskins Wed 01 May 2013, 7:26 pm

My head is hurting - a lot! confused confused confused confused confused
I have looked at five activities downloaded from UKTS and unpacked to the download version of Steyning, with the following results:-

1. Act UKTS19998 – Beef Stock : the activity failed to load : went into AE to “save” and eventually got this error [A pickup override in the activity references an invalid track item, resave to remove] ; after clicking OK goes back to TrainStore without saving! ANY IDEA WHAT I NEED TO DO PLEASE!
2. Acts UKTS 14384 and 15651 – Brighton-Horsham 1980 and Brighton to Horsham respectively : both activities failed to load : after resaving in AE appear to work?
3. Act UKTS19839 – Brighton to Horsham and Back : MSTS was greyed out : in AE refers to broken path? ANY IDEA WHAT I NEED TO DO PLEASE!
4. Act UKTS20764 – Brighton via Horsham II : MSTS was greyed out : in AE refers to broken path? ANY IDEA WHAT I NEED TO DO PLEASE!

Lost heart to go on! When a number of route activities fail it can be quite depressing. It is then difficult to write a positive RD entry for the download version. Having paid for another year’s premium UKTS membership I can’t really afford the CD version.

C’est la via! Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Steyning Route - Download Version + Activities Help Required Empty Re: Steyning Route - Download Version + Activities Help Required

Post  Markh5682 Wed 01 May 2013, 7:43 pm

Hi Alec

The first one is probably a track database or placement problem, try re-saving the act to correct it. if that doesn't work go into RE and fly around the the route and if a placement error shows up, click on OK then save to make final.

The broken paths are fairly easy to fix

Unstore all the Steyning route paths, go into AE, click on create a new act, go to the paths drop down menu and broken paths will be marked as broken, select the broken path, select edit, and follow the destructions on the steam4me Broken paths tutorial and save, repeat for all paths that are marked broken in AE.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Steyning Route - Download Version + Activities Help Required Empty Re: Steyning Route - Download Version + Activities Help Required

Post  slipperman12 Wed 01 May 2013, 7:57 pm

Hi Alec,
Don't you just hate it when things won't work as you'd hoped Exclamation

Item 4 specifies it is for the CD version of Steyning. At a guess, I'd say it also applies to items 1 and 3, which is probably why the paths are broken.
You got those in item 2 to work by re-saving, which implies some minor changes between the route they were created on and the one you're using.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Wed 01 May 2013, 9:09 pm

Alec,

You have an e-mail (or should have soon).

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 02 May 2013, 11:52 am

Bob
Many thanks for the email, which I will open and peruse later.
Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down