Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locos Foward View.

4 posters

Go down

Locos Foward View. Empty Locos Foward View.

Post  abclare Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:20 pm

Hi All.

Having trouble with a few Loco foward views of bits of Loco in the view last time i had this i was given cente view nuubers to change in the Eng file which corrected it but i have mislade them could someone advise me again please??

Art. An older one.
abclare
abclare

http://stp.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Locos Foward View. Empty Re: Locos Foward View.

Post  slipperman12 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

Hi Art,
It depends on the loco! Each will require different values to avoid showing the "bits of Loco" (freight animation!).
Please let us know the locos and cabviews you want to use. Didn't the suggestion, put forward by our dear friend Doug Lee, to use the modified coupling view help?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Locos Foward View. Empty Loco Foward Views

Post  abclare Mon 01 Apr 2013, 2:41 pm

Hi Ged.
It is 7F 53806 in SDJR. Sorry dont remember about dear Dougs Modified coupling View how can i find it please. Embarassed

Art. An older one.
abclare
abclare

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 7:00 pm

Hi Art,
Doug and I, together with several other users have had conversations with you regarding using the Shift+1 cab view. This thread, on UKTS, is one example : http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=238&t=118546&p=1464195&hilit=+coupling+view#p1463302
I also sent you a PM with details regarding the 7F on 21 July 2011.
The whole outcome was (I think) that as you didn't like using the modified 6 View, you reverted to the Shift+1 view with a modified cvf file. This, in turn, wasn't satisfactory because if the same cabview was used for a different class of loco, the co-ordinates required changing again. This applies because the 7F cabview is in common.cab, and you got into a bit of a mess with them.
I believe the final response to you was that you'd have to make do with the freight animation parts appearing in your Shift+1 view!

A solution I can think of is for you to change from using common.cab to each loco having its own cabview, which can then be altered to your heart's content - but this means that you've got to edit the eng file of each 7F!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 02 Apr 2013, 7:07 am

Mmmm . . perhaps this subject could be compressed into an HFL part? It may well be a "little grey cells" problem from which I seem to suffer a little too frequently! Wink Wink Wink

Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Locos Foward View. Empty Loco Foward View.

Post  abclare Tue 02 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

Hi Ged & Alec.

Thanks for trying to nelp but i think i will stick with it i dont like messing about with files & folders also i dont really like the Camera Hack sorry.

Art. An older one.
abclare
abclare

Back to top Go down

Post  ianmacmillan Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:36 am

I've had an idea about this if someone wants to try it.

Use LODs to hide the headlamps until they are beyond the distance between the cab and the lamps.
Work it out by adding the front bounding box entry (the distance from centre to front of loco) and front Cabview position (the distance from centre to cab camera)

Use Polymaster and set 2 LODs at the distance measured and 800.
Enter 999 in the first column and 1 in the other.

The lamps will not show until they are the measured distance from the cameras which will usually be less them the normal viewing distance on the external cameras.

A bit complicated for Art but perhaps loco builders could incorporate it in future models.

ianmacmillan

Back to top Go down

Locos Foward View. Empty Locos Foward View.

Post  abclare Tue 02 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

Hi Ian.

Sounds good to me but as you say no way i would attempt to do . affraid

Art. An older one.
abclare
abclare

Back to top Go down

Post  ianmacmillan Tue 02 Apr 2013, 2:46 pm

Tried it with a common.load and it won't work.

An object must have a main part displayed at start up. LODs can only be applied to subojects or seperate parts.

A freight animation can only have one part.

I have used this idea on all my wagons where a set of low poly wheels are invisible until 300m at which distance the full poly wheels disappear.
Saves a lot of polys when the wheels are only few pixels on screen anyway.

ianmacmillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down