Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to visit a Model Railway show

3 posters

Go down

Going to visit a Model Railway show Empty Going to visit a Model Railway show

Post  rufuskins Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:54 pm

Well it's some time since I've been to a Model Railway show, and therefore I'm going to visit the Heywood show on 16/17 March 2013. It may not exactly be Warley but at least it's local.
Probably won't be much in the way of trade stands with DVDs and/or books, but hopefully the models will offer much interest.
Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Going to visit a Model Railway show Empty Re: Going to visit a Model Railway show

Post  j3801 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 9:08 am

Alec,

I hope you enjoy the Model railway exhibition, you may get some inspiration for numerous things there.

Justin

Going to visit a Model Railway show Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Going to visit a Model Railway show Empty Re: Going to visit a Model Railway show

Post  rufuskins Mon 11 Mar 2013, 10:40 am

Normally I like to visit these shows to see what's happening in the model railway arena as I am not in a position to build one of my own - combination of lack of space and money (mainly the latter).
I also like to see what books and/or DVDs are available, assuming a suitable trade stand is there. I don't expect one here though.
Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Mon 20 Jan 2014, 7:27 pm

Hi Alec, looking at the show you mention, I see it is on again on the 15/16th March 2014.
Are you going to the show because like you I attend shows that are not too far from my
home, coming up are the Kendal Show next weekend, next month the South Shields show
which I can use the Metro at no travelling cost to me as I have a Gold card and in March
I will be popping down to Keighley which has been off for little while due to refurbishment
of the hall.
Looking at the Heywood Model Railway Show, I have worked out the travelling costs are
not too bad at around £30.00 in the train so I might visit on Saturday and depending on the
trains I should get to the Warwick Mills site between 13.40 and 14.15.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 21 Jan 2014, 4:02 pm

Bob

At the moment I am planning to visit the 50th Rochdale show (12/13 April 2014) at Littleborough Coach House - no Rochdale show for several years! It's only 3 miles or so from where I live, although parking is a bit iffy! I was thinking of attending the Heywood show - I visited last year! I am still in two minds about Keighley as it is some about 25 miles by car, but I have enjoyed it in the past and even took my laptop on several occasions to show MSTS. I'll let you know if I decide to visit later. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to meet you face to face at one or the other.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Tue 21 Jan 2014, 6:40 pm

Hi Alec, thanks for putting me on to the Rochdale show and yes I might look in at
that one as well.
From the trains for the Heywood show it passes through Littleborough station
on the way so I know roughly how much it is going to cost me and as you say
the show is just around the corner.
At the moment I cannot get any accurate train times but I should arrive
around 12.30pm and I could mention when I arrive that I'm looking for you, they
may point you out to me.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:02 pm

Bob
All I can say is that asking for me at the Rochdale show will generate a blank look but I would suggest that we meet at the L&Y stand at a time to suit yourself.

A link for the Rochdale show is http://rochdalemrg.wordpress.com/ and for the Heywood show the link is http://www.hmrg.co.uk/exhibitions/hmrgexhib.html

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:00 am

Hi Alec, that's all right with me, lets say between 1pm and 1.30pm as this will allow me some time when I
arrive to have a look around first before heading towards that display.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:21 am

That's fine by me, and I look forward to our meeting.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down