Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation Problem

3 posters

Go down

Installation Problem Empty Installation Problem

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 10 May 2019, 9:31 am

I have uploaded some station buildings and canopies to UKTS. There have been 19 downloads, but one customer has been unable to install the buildings on London and South East. I have downloaded the files and installed them successfully on two routes to test them, and I have been using them on London and South East for three months.

Has anyone any ideas about what could be going wrong?

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Installation Problem Empty Re: Installation Problem

Post  Markh5682 Fri 10 May 2019, 9:53 am

Hi Roderic.

Have they added the new shapes to the .ref file? they will not show until they do.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 10 May 2019, 11:53 am

Apparently, yes. I can't think what else to suggest.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 10 May 2019, 5:56 pm

Hi Roderic,
This post won't be much help to you, except to confirm that, by following your instructions, your station buildings can be placed into a route without any problem.

The only route I've ever attempted to create is still sitting on my hard drive, so I opened it in MSTS RE and successfully placed both station buildings. Mind you, I don't know what to do with them now, because I've forgotten most of the keystrokes required!! Embarassed

Just in case the other user is using TSRE5, I've done the same in that editor!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 10 May 2019, 6:32 pm

Thank you, Ged. That is a great help. At least I know that someone has made them work. As for what to do with them, can't you just press the 'delete' key after selecting each one with F2.  You really need to go to 'Window' and check 'Mode Select'. Then you have all the tools.

I have been trying to build a locomotive for the last two years. If I wasn't reasonably stable, I would have gone right round the bend several times over by now. Perhaps I have without realizing it.

All the best,

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 10 May 2019, 7:24 pm

Hi Roderic,
Thanks for the hints, but I think that, if I ever decide to return to building the route, first of all, I need to study beginners tutorials for both MSTS RE and TSRE5 !!

By the way, it was very remiss of me not to congratulate you on the station buildings - they look excellent ! I know where to come if I want a station building for my route Wink

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Sat 11 May 2019, 5:09 pm

Hi Ged,

Thank you for your kind words. It was the first building I have made from photographs. The window frames were brown and I had to paint them white, so they don't look quite right, but the end result is not too bad.

All the best,

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down