Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ConBuilder

3 posters

Go down

ConBuilder Empty ConBuilder

Post  slipperman12 Wed 23 Jan 2019, 9:49 pm

Hi All,
Although freeware versions of ConBuilder can be found all over the internet, it is, mostly, on "dubious" sites. However, I discovered that the final free version (2.4.7) was available from what I consider to be a reputable site (theTrain.de), so sought permission to upload it to trainsim.com and uktrainsim.com. I fully expected a rebuttal, but surprisingly, Joe Smith agreed to it !

Please note that it isn't a straight-forward installation and if the instructions contained in the Install_Readme.rtf file are not followed, the installation WILL FAIL (unless you are using XP)!

This version is supplied as a service and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT.

Cheers,
Ged

Last edited by slipperman12 on Mon 06 Mar 2023, 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

ConBuilder Empty Re: ConBuilder

Post  slipperman12 Thu 24 Jan 2019, 5:05 pm

Hi All,
My apologies, but I have withdrawn this utility.

I have been advised that it contains bugs which will cause problems for users, particularly regarding editing AI consists. I've also been told that it has memory management problems.

If you have used it please be aware that activities may not behave as expected. I suggest you delete it.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

ConBuilder Empty Re: ConBuilder v2.4.7

Post  RIGFindlay Thu 24 Jan 2019, 9:09 pm

I have ConBuilder  version 5.6.6, which I bought and for which I have a licence. This has always worked perfectly on Windows 7. It seems that this is no longer for sale. It would be helpful if it was made available either free or paid for. I don't always use it, but I do use it often and find it very easy to use and reliable.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 24 Jan 2019, 10:02 pm

Hi Roderic,
It was the withdrawal from sale of ConBuilder Pro, together with requests for ConBuilder in some Forums, that prompted me to try to get agreement for the last freeware version to be made available from a 'safe' site.  I don't know how real the memory management and other problems are, but I didn't want to take the risk of, particularly inexperienced, users having problems.

I understand there was a v2.4.9, but it was only available for a very short time and I've not been able to locate a copy (yet!).

As for making ConBuilder Pro freeware, I doubt it very much - see here :  http://www.conbuilder.com/  !!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 25 Jan 2019, 8:45 am

Hi Ged,

I see what you mean. It's a pity though.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  cr-stagg Fri 25 Jan 2019, 4:26 pm

RIGFindlay wrote:I have ConBuilder  version 5.6.6, which I bought and for which I have a licence. This has always worked perfectly on Windows 7. It seems that this is no longer for sale. It would be helpful if it was made available either free or paid for. I don't always use it, but I do use it often and find it very easy to use and reliable.

Roderic
The current version is 6.2.3. Since you purchased it, you can get the current version at http://conbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=421

cr-stagg

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 25 Jan 2019, 5:06 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a go. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 06 May 2019, 8:40 pm

Hi All,
I have deleted my post of 4 May as events have made it redundant, and replaced it with this one Smile

I have now received permission to upload ConBuilder v2.4.9 to trainsim.com and UKTS.

It is being checked and the readme adjusted accordingly. If all is OK, it should be available in the next few days (but please don't complain if it's a week or more Smile )

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down