LYR - Heartland - 1920

Go down

LYR - Heartland - 1920

Post  ShortNorth on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 6:12 am

It's been a bit quiet in here for a few months, so an announcement is imminent.

Having got the Huddersfield and Environs 1920 and LMS 1930's versions, and Black Country 1920 and LMS 1930's versions out in the public arena, I started to look at an 'old' route that I've had in the back of my mind for years.

The LYR Heartland route - this route covers the LYR main lines from Upholland Tunnel to Summit Tunnel, both via Manchester Victoria and by the Bolton / Bury line and a number of other north-south cross-country lines - see attached map.

Stage 1 will essentially be the main lines from Victoria through to Summit Tunnel, with stubs radiating off the main lines. Stage 2 will be the Oldham Loop and the Bury line via Heaton Park, and associated minor lines. Stage 3 will go west from Victoria to Upholland Tunnel, via Walkden and Wigan. Stages 4/5 will be all the other lines to the west of Manchester shown on the map. I'm expecting around 12 - 18 months work to finish this route.

Once the 1920 version is out, then I'll do the LMS 1930's version to match the others.

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: LYR - Heartland - 1920

Post  slipperman12 on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 9:11 am

Hi Brian,
There's no stopping you, is there, mate?!! Very Happy

I'm sure it'll be just as good as your previous routes - looking forward to this one!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum