Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reducing the number of .ace files per shape.

2 posters

Go down

Reducing the number of .ace files per shape. Empty Reducing the number of .ace files per shape.

Post  Markh5682 Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:34 pm

Hi all

I use TSM for modelling and PSP for making textures, but I'm not an expert.

When I build a scenery object I always end up with several textures even for simple things like walls for instance, EG:.........

MHBrickWallMain.ace
MHBrickWallEnd.ace
MHConcreteCoping.ace
MHConcreteCopingEnd.ace

4 different textures just for a wall section, yet I have seen other quite complex shapes with all the different bits on one .ace file especially rolling stock, station buildings etc.

Is there any way to force TSM to combine all the applied textures into one .ace file? or is there another way of doing it?

I told you I wasn't an expert Laughing

Thanks
Mark

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Reducing the number of .ace files per shape. Empty Re: Reducing the number of .ace files per shape.

Post  ianmacmillan Sat 09 Mar 2013, 1:00 am

Don't use TSM to make ace files.
Better to make them as Bitmaps (.bmp) in your paint program then use Aceit to convert to ace.
Put the bmp in the same folder as your TSM .dst file.
Try to fit as much as possible into the .bmp and remember that two 256x256 .bmps can be bigger than one 512x512 .bmps in file size.

When you convert your TSM model to MSTS don't use the Convert Texture option - use the ace file you have already made. TSM will loose quality.

Don't get too strict. Make a smaller ace if you can't fit everything.

ianmacmillan

Back to top Go down

Reducing the number of .ace files per shape. Empty Re: Reducing the number of .ace files per shape.

Post  Markh5682 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 1:07 am

Thanks Ian. Very Happy

I'll give that a go and see how I get on with it.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down