Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tsunpack Throws Another Wobbly

3 posters

Go down

tsunpack Throws Another Wobbly Empty tsunpack Throws Another Wobbly

Post  Bob Latimer Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:21 pm

I'm running MSTS on two computers, both running up-to-date installations of Windows 10. (But as of yet, without the Fall update.)

Up until a couple of days ago double-clicking on an .apk file would unpack and install an activity on both computers.

Yesterday my main computer refused to do so, giving me a "Microsoft Train Simulator installation not found" message. It still works on the other computer.

As far as I know, nothing has been changed on either computer except for the forced-on-us Windows 10 updates.

I've checked and re-done the registry entries but still no luck. Everything else appears to be working as normal.

Fortunately Ged Saunders' APK Extractor came to the rescue and I managed to unpack the .apk files.

Anybody got any clues as to what might have happened and how it can be remedied?

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

tsunpack Throws Another Wobbly Empty Re: tsunpack Throws Another Wobbly

Post  rufuskins Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:37 pm

I can't help on this subject - I suspect Ged's the best one to offer any suggestions - but as usual always good to see a post from you.

All the best, Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:17 am

Hi Bob,
Thanks, Alec Smile
I saw your post on TS.com but can't really offer any suggestions, except to be rather pedantic!!
I've checked and re-done the registry entries but still no luck
For a 64-bit OS, the entries should be in : HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0
Ensure that the Path entry points to exactly the correct location.

If you've got my MSTS_Swap utility installed, its first screen will show the Registry entry for MSTS.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Sun 22 Oct 2017, 4:14 am

Thanks guys.

Ged, I've run MSTS_Swap (thanks for that utility) and it shows my registry entry as D:\MSTS\Train Simulator which is where the installation actually resides. I've also double checked checked the registry entries at the location you outlined and they are pointing to the exactly the same location.

Thank goodness (and Ged) for APK Extractor.

Warm regards,

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down