Ged's Utility Room

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

MSTS_ActMan

Post  slipperman12 on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:24 pm

Hi All,
Following a suggestion from one of my testers, functions have been added to display the usage of stock folders.  Also, various cosmetic changes have been made to the display and print options.

The new version has been submitted to my testers for their verdicts, but, as everybody's MSTS/ORTS installation is different, one can't have too many testers!  To that end, I have attached it to this post, and invite those interested to try it out.  All comments are welcome Smile
It will install into its own folder, so will not affect any already existing version, except for the use of the Registry entry, used to save the last accessed root folder.  When deleting this test version, the Registry key will NOT be removed.

Cheers,
Ged
Attachments
MSTS_ActMan_Test3.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(724 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ged's Utility Room

Post  slipperman12 on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:56 am

Hi All,
The Open Rails Team are doing a great job, extending MSTS with many enhancements.
One of the most useful is the ability to switch to any other consist and. providing the loco has a cabview, drive it. Many MSTS activities use AI locos in loose and traffic consists which means they cannot be switched to without first of all, going through the consists and manually amending them to use a driveable loco.

A member on the UKTS Open Rails Forum has this problem and asked if it was possible to create a program to do the job. Well.. you know me ... it got my brain cells working overtime!! I have now sent the first version to that user for his views. I think this utility could usefully be made available to the Community at large, but may I, please, have your opinions? Smile

Although primarily for use with OR, it also means that those consists will be available in MSTS for Explore purposes. Obviously, using AI locos reduces the resources required by MSTS and switching to using "full" locos may have a detrimental effect on performance, but, in these days of fast processors and hard drives, it may not be so noticeable on modern Desktop PCs.

I am currently awaiting feedback, but if it's favourable, I'd like one or two more testers, so if you're interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

AI2Driver

Post  slipperman12 on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 8:11 pm

Hi All,
Following on from my last post - was it really nearly 2 months ago?? - I have uploaded a new Open Rails only utility to the library - AI2Driver.

In my previous post, I mentioned about modifying the consist files to enable Open Rails "train-hopping" to (some) AI trains. This idea was rejected as it could adversely affect the running of those consists in MSTS. This utility makes use of the OpenRails sub-folder, which can be included in any stock folder within the TRAINSET folder. Obviously, there are some limitations, but full details are included in the readme. Using this method, there is absolutely no effect on MSTS as neither the stock nor consist files are not changed.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ged's Utility Room

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum