Ged's Utility Room

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

MSTS_ActMan

Post  slipperman12 on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:24 pm

Hi All,
Following a suggestion from one of my testers, functions have been added to display the usage of stock folders.  Also, various cosmetic changes have been made to the display and print options.

The new version has been submitted to my testers for their verdicts, but, as everybody's MSTS/ORTS installation is different, one can't have too many testers!  To that end, I have attached it to this post, and invite those interested to try it out.  All comments are welcome Smile
It will install into its own folder, so will not affect any already existing version, except for the use of the Registry entry, used to save the last accessed root folder.  When deleting this test version, the Registry key will NOT be removed.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : 8 Aug 2018 - Attachment removed as (i) the version was out of date and (ii) a new version will be uploaded to the library in a few days.

Last edited by slipperman12 on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ged's Utility Room

Post  slipperman12 on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:56 am

Hi All,
The Open Rails Team are doing a great job, extending MSTS with many enhancements.
One of the most useful is the ability to switch to any other consist and. providing the loco has a cabview, drive it. Many MSTS activities use AI locos in loose and traffic consists which means they cannot be switched to without first of all, going through the consists and manually amending them to use a driveable loco.

A member on the UKTS Open Rails Forum has this problem and asked if it was possible to create a program to do the job. Well.. you know me ... it got my brain cells working overtime!! I have now sent the first version to that user for his views. I think this utility could usefully be made available to the Community at large, but may I, please, have your opinions? Smile

Although primarily for use with OR, it also means that those consists will be available in MSTS for Explore purposes. Obviously, using AI locos reduces the resources required by MSTS and switching to using "full" locos may have a detrimental effect on performance, but, in these days of fast processors and hard drives, it may not be so noticeable on modern Desktop PCs.

I am currently awaiting feedback, but if it's favourable, I'd like one or two more testers, so if you're interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

AI2Driver

Post  slipperman12 on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 8:11 pm

Hi All,
Following on from my last post - was it really nearly 2 months ago?? - I have uploaded a new Open Rails only utility to the library - AI2Driver.

In my previous post, I mentioned about modifying the consist files to enable Open Rails "train-hopping" to (some) AI trains. This idea was rejected as it could adversely affect the running of those consists in MSTS. This utility makes use of the OpenRails sub-folder, which can be included in any stock folder within the TRAINSET folder. Obviously, there are some limitations, but full details are included in the readme. Using this method, there is absolutely no effect on MSTS as neither the stock nor consist files are not changed.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Win 10

Post  slipperman12 on Sun 24 Jun 2018, 10:14 am

Hi All,
Following Alistair's comment :
Plus, only some Windows 10 operating systems can run MSTS smoothly (mainly upgraded computers)
in his post (http://tsforum.forumotion.net/t1331-sales-of-conbuilder-to-cease#17285), I had the idea for a new project!

Although I can successfully run MSTS under Win 10, he's quite right that the same PCs were originally setup with, and continue to run, Win 7 so I've no way of refuting/confirming that statement! I'm sure it'd be useful to have a definitive answer.
When I've completed the utilities I'm currently updating, I will set up a PC with only Win 10 and report my findings. However, I should point out that my current Win 10 installations are NOT upgraded from Win 7, but completely new installations and I have the option to boot into either OS.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

MSTS_Check

Post  slipperman12 on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 2:11 pm

Hi All,
I have, today, uploaded MSTS_Check v2.0 to this site's library, and those at UKTS, trainsim.com and elvastower.com where it should be available in due course Smile

Full details of the changes are in the readme.txt file which should be read before installing this version.

My testers have done a good job, as usual, but you never know what happens when a program gets into the wide blue yonder, so please let me know of any problems.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 8:14 am

Just to let you know that Norton Antivirus took a dislike to your Installer file and deleted it. I retrieved it and installed anyway.
This was the version downloaded from Trainsim.com rather than that on UK TrainSim.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 9:52 am

Hi Jonathan,
Apologies for that, but, although I don't use Norton, my A/V has not reported any problem with the installer (just downloaded from ts.com).

I seem to remember another user (or it might have been yourself!) reported a similar problem with another of my utilities.  

May I ask if any other user has the same problem to report it immediately, please?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 11:58 am

I have used the latest version and my AV - Kaspersky - is fine with it.

I used to have Norton and found that it would "object" on a number of occasions to some files from UKTS for no obvious reason. It was one of the reasons that I changed.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 12:23 pm

The installer file runs OK with my Norton Security.

David
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 8:38 pm

Avast popped up and deleted the installer but, by right-clicking the Avast icon on the task bar and disabling it for 10 minutes, the job was done. Avast is extremely neurotic and pops up continually, wanting you to install something extra which costs more money.

The utility itself works very well.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

MSTS_ActMan

Post  slipperman12 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 2:54 pm

Hi All,
v3.0 of MSTS_ActMan has now been uploaded to this site's library, and it will be available from UKTS, trainsim.com and elvastower.com as soon as it's approved.

The main addition to this version is the ability to list the stock folders used for an individual activity, or a route, or an installation. A list of all stock not used within the installation may also be obtained, together with the facility to remove the listed stock folders from the TRAINSET folder.
Also, a few cosmetic changes have been made and some minor bugs squashed.

As usual, if any errors, problems or difficulties are encountered with this version, please let me know Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

MSTS_ActMan

Post  RIGFindlay on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:38 pm

I have found this very useful and reliable. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 9:31 pm

Thanks. Downloaded from Trainsim.com where it is called v2.0 but downloads as v3.0. Just to let you and others know.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:06 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks, mate Smile
I'd already spotted that and sent a note to the librarian - I hope it will be corrected before very long!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 3:14 am

Thanks Ged, your utilities just get better and better - thanks again for your efforts.

Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 10:46 am

Many thanks, Brian Smile
This latest enhancement to ActMan is a result of feedback from the Community. As I've mentioned before, I'm always willing to listen to any suggestions, be they for any of my existing utilities or for new ones!
I have recently created bespoke utilities for a couple of Community members - currently, I don't intend to release them to the Community at large, but, you never know!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

TSFE (A Front-end for Train Store)

Post  slipperman12 on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 7:50 pm

Hi All,
A new version (1.02) has been uploaded to this site's library and will be available from the UKTS, trainsim.com and elvastower.com libraries in due course.

There are no functional changes, but a recently reported bug has been fixed in the RUN option, together with a couple in the Initialisation stage.  Some minor cosmetic changes have also been made.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum