Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glas-Car V5...

+2
rufuskins
NiallGray
6 posters

Go down

Glas-Car V5... Empty Glas-Car V5...

Post  NiallGray Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:18 am

Hi all,

Before anyone asks, let me say what you are about to see doesn't mean there will definitely be a V5 -- events a while back mean I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm or the time I used to. I can spend a week of evenings working on an area only then to not touch the route again for the next 2 months.

I just want to show what has been done.

I always said that if I did V5 I'd want to finish off one of the lines that I'd extended in V4. The East Kilbride line was the one I chose as during 2015 I spent a bit of time going up and down that line, came home and decided the gradients would be a good challenge.

Glas-Car V5... V5Map1

Giffnock was in V4 and you can also see I added in Williamwood and Muirend on the Neilston line.

So then, what's been done?

Glas-Car V5... V5001
Williamwood station. No custom stations in this route so I'm tried to do best I can with what I have.

Glas-Car V5... V5002
Leaving Williamwood for Glasgow. As you can see, very little scenery around the station.

Glas-Car V5... V5003
Muirend. I tried so hard to re-create a slight curve on the up line but it didn't work. This tile was a nightmare to do as part of it is on the already densely-population Cathcart Circle but I think I did ok.

Glas-Car V5... V5004
East Kilbride. Scenery extends about 1/2 mile from the station.

So, that's it. If you look at the map, from where the EK line crosses over the Neilston line, the scenery is done from there all the way up past Muirend to the junction at Cathcart. As well as the small bit at East Kilbride, the scenery from Giffnock station to where it crosses the Neilston line has been added.

When I was last in RE, I was trying to recreate something that looked a little like Clarkston station but wasn't having any joy. Next time I get the urge, finishing off that station and working back towards Williamwood will be the goal. If I do it, I'll post it.

Niall

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Glas-Car V5... Empty Re: Glas-Car V5...

Post  rufuskins Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:46 am

In my opinion the way you are working is the best, because we should never feel that the train simulation work we do becomes a chore!

As I would expect, your work continues to be of the highest standard, and I congratulate you.

To paraphrase some song lyrics:-

It's your route, and you'll work if you want to
Work if you want to, work if you want to
You can work too when it really suits you

PS Would anyone care to guess which song and who released it and when?

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 04 Oct 2016, 1:58 pm

Hi Alec,
It's My Party by Lesley Gore in 1963 !!

One of the songs from the days when popular music was really worth listening to  bounce bounce bounce

...and, well done, Niall.Wink

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:51 pm

Hi Niall, can I add my thanks to you for creating such an excellent Route i.e V4, I've looked at the route
you are planning and I see that after Williamwood the track goes to WhiteCraigs, Patterton and Neilston.
On Streetmap shows this branch goes quite a way out of Glasgow and through quite a lot of rural landscape
with plenty of water around, the other track from Giffnock to East Kilbride, I see you are covering and
so even this branch will take time to complete.
Who says MSTS is dead when there are plenty of new Routes in the creation stage and after trying to follow
the Route Building Guide by Michael Vone, I realised how big a job it is to get started and admire people
like yourself who have learnt the skill to do it.

Cheers
Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:04 pm

Excellent work Niall! Very Happy OK

I too follow you're same sentiments. I'm so busy at the moment anyway with work. And only if I have nothing else on do I go back and do a little bit of modelling work on my Route. As it stands, I do need to go down to the Midhants at some point to take some photos of buildings etc that I can't seem to get hold of.

All the best

Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:31 pm

Hi Niall,

This looks very good and I look forward to the finished version whenever that may be.

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Thu 06 Oct 2016, 6:41 pm

Finally finished my interpretation of Clarkston station.

Break now for work, but when I return I'll begin the process of working back towards Williamwood with the trackside scenery.

Glas-Car V5... V5005

Glas-Car V5... V5006

Glas-Car V5... V5007

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 06 Oct 2016, 6:47 pm

Looking good!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down