Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages).

4 posters

Go down

Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages). Empty Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages).

Post  andrew moody Fri 19 Aug 2016, 12:48 pm

My computer is fresh back from the repair shop. At the moment I only have the six default routes and no other routes installed.
I am attempting to install UKTS 5940 Train store but am getting all sorts of error messages as shown Below:-

The registered Train Store folder C:\TS_DEFAULT cannot be found,(it may have been moved outside of Train store) You must either close the program and restore the folder
to its original postion or request Train store to reset the folder registration.
Do you want to close the program?
NO
Do you want train store to reset the folder registration?
YES
Do you want Train store to automatically select the MSTS Folders path from the exsisting MSTS information?
(You should only choose NO if your system has multiple MSTS installations and you have read the Train Store manual first)

I only currently have the six original default routes installed so I have gone for Yes

X
The registered Train Store folder C:\TS DEFAULT' cannot be found.
OK
X Cannot change Visable in OnShow or OnHide.
OK

Storage Path setup
Selected path
C\programFiles(X86)\JA Formoso\Train store
OK
! The specified folder must be on the same drive as the drive for the MSTS path

Please note I have attempted to write C\programFiles(X86)\JA Formoso\Train store in the panel but still get the error message
! The specified folder must be on the same drive as the drive for the MSTS path

Please can someone help me try and sort this out or tell me where I am going wrong.

Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages). Empty Re: Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages).

Post  Markh5682 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 1:30 pm

Hi Andy.

It's possible that it is a permissions problem.

Try installing trainstore (and all MSTS and related programs) outside of program files/program files (X86) and run them as administrator.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages). Empty Re: Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages).

Post  andrew moody Fri 19 Aug 2016, 1:49 pm

Markh5682 wrote:Hi Andy.

It's possible that it is a permissions problem.

Try installing trainstore (and all MSTS and related programs) outside of program files/program files (X86) and run them as administrator.

Hi Mark.
How do I do that please?
The MSTS is running as C;\1msts and trainstore installs on C:\Program files(X86)

Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm

Hi Andy

When you install trainstore change the path in the installer to wherever you want it before you proceed with the installation. (EG: C:\JA Formoso\Train store)

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 2:06 pm

Hi Andy,
I've replied to your post on UKTS as follows :
As you seem to have your storage folder set as TS_DEFAULT, it looks as if you're using my TSFE program. If TrainStore was installed before your PC went for repair, and you used TSFE, then the Registry will contain pointers to C:\TS_DEFAULT. If, as part of the repair, TrainStore was removed improperly (ie not using its uninstall feature), the Registry entry will remain.
If your MSTS is on drive C:, then C:\TS_DEFAULT will be its TrainStore storage folder. Is it possible that, as part of the repair, files/folders were removed from drive C:?
When you ask TrainStore to set up a new storage folder, its default will be TrainStore in the root of the drive which contains MSTS. You MUST NEVER put the storage folder in C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files if you're using Vista or any later OS. The TrainStore program MAY be installed in one of those folders, but I don't recommend it Smile

I'd just like to point out that the problem with the Registry entry would still have occurred if you hadn't used TSFE! It is caused by TrainStore not being uninstalled correctly.
A simple way out of the problem, if MSTS is on drive C:, is to create an empty folder TS_DEFAULT in drive C:

Cheers,
Ged

Last edited by slipperman12 on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 19 Aug 2016, 2:09 pm

At the risk of stating the all too obvious don't forget the two additional updates as noted HERE!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 2:13 pm

Hi Alec,
Thanks, mate, but I'm pretty certain that the problems Andy has described are not caused by the non-application of the updates. Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 19 Aug 2016, 4:45 pm

I am sorry but I am still not getting any joy. Have tried changing destination to C:1msts but still getting the same set of messages.
First of all  I have not tried installing any of the updates.
Ged, I did at one time try and install your  TSFE but could not make it work so eventually had to scrap it, That must have been a couple of years ago I would not have thought
it would affect Trainstore.
My computer was tidied up and quite a lot of Malware was removed plus disc drive replaced and battery replaced.
Sadly lately 1MSTS completly stopped working and I removed it.
MSTS was installed for me at the shop from my Setup discs in my presence.

You wrote "If your MSTS is on drive C:, then C:\TS_DEFAULT will be its TrainStore storage folder.......When you ask TrainStore to set up a new storage folder, its default will be TrainStore in the root of the drive which contains MSTS. You MUST NEVER put the storage folder in C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files if you're using Vista or any later OS. The TrainStore program MAY be installed in one of those folders, but I don't recommend it"

But Trainstore is installed into  C:\Program Files (x86)\jformoso\trainstore, by default. Where else should it go? I have windows 7.
I am very sorry but I do not understand all this.
What is the correct proceedure for installing Trainstore please so that it will work.
Cheers
Andy
Update: Have just done a fresh download of UKTS 5940 Trainstore version V3.2 from UKTS site, Still getting exactly the same error message as before. The specified folder must be on the same drive as the drive for the MSTS path.
So where or what is this so called same drive?
I still cannot understand why Trainstore will not run, Is it possibly anything to do with the Anti-virus?
I do not want to disable that, because I do not want any Melware/viruses coming through.
But without Trainstore I cannot possibly run MSTS I just do not know what else to do,

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 6:00 pm

Hi Andrew,
Sorry if you are confused - I'll try to explain -

1. As your TrainStore (program) is looking for a storage folder named C:\TS_DEFAULT, then your attempt to set up TSFE must have been successful. This information is held in the Registry and would only have been removed if TrainStore had been properly uninstalled. As I mentioned in my previous post, if your MSTS is on Drive C, I suggest you create an empty folder called TS_DEFAULT in the root of the drive (ie C:\), then see if you can install TrainStore again.
2. As you say, by default, the program TrainStore is installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\J.A.Formoso\Trainstore. This is OK (although I don't recommend it!).
3. After you've installed Trainstore and created the empty folder C:\TS_DEFAULT, try running Trainstore.

You may wonder why you need to create an empty folder, when Trainstore normally creates its own. The reason is that the Trainstore Registry entry indicates that is the name of the current storage folder. The only other way around this is to edit the Registry to remove the Trainstore entry completely before you install Trainstore. Please come back if you are OK to do this and I will tell you exactly which entry to remove; alternatively, we could set up a TeamViewer session and I could do it for you.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:15 pm

Hi Ged.
I have created the folder in C drive that you suggested but it does not make any difference whatsoever. so I guess it must be registry.

Yes I did have TSFE installed but sadly could not get on with it so I stuck with Train store. Embarassed er....sorry.

There appears to be five versions of MSTS registry
MSTS Registry remover
MSTS Registry rebuild
MSTS Registry rebuild Vistra
reg exc
Shape viewer reg remover.

Yes I am prepared to have a go at at removing the train store registry but only under instruction from you.
I also need to reinstall ConBuilder should be able to do that from the disc I have. I also need to install Routeriter with ACELT and Java oh and APK extractor
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 9:59 pm

Hi Andy,
There is only ONE Registry in any version of Windows! I don't know where those entries are that you've quoted - I've no idea what they are and suggest you ignore them completely!!

There are two ways we can go, (1) is to try to get TrainStore to install and use the existing Registry entry and (2) is to remove the Registry entry, then install TrainStore. Either way, I need to know exactly the current situation :

A. You say MSTS is in C:1msts - are you sure it's not C:\1msts? - Does this folder contain a folder called Train Simulator or does it contain various files and folders including the ROUTES and TRAINS folders?
B. I'm taking your word about the error messages you're getting with TrainStore, but what, EXACTLY, is the name of the folder you created? It should be C:\TS_DEFAULT - if it's any different (including its case), the TrainStore Registry entry won't be able to find it.
C. Does MSTS run OK?
D. If you get ANY other error messages, please quote them exactly.

Sorry for all the questions, but you must appreciate that I'm working "in the dark" Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:08 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
There is only ONE Registry in any version of Windows!  I don't know where those entries are that you've quoted - I've no idea what they are and suggest you ignore them completely!!

There are two ways we can go, (1) is to try to get TrainStore to install and use the existing Registry entry and (2) is to remove the Registry entry, then install TrainStore.  Either way, I need to know exactly the current situation :

A.  You say MSTS is in C:1msts - are you sure it's not C:\1msts? - Does this folder contain a folder called Train Simulator or does it contain various files and folders including the ROUTES and TRAINS folders?
B.  I'm taking your word about the error messages you're getting with TrainStore, but what, EXACTLY, is the name of the folder you created?  It should be C:\TS_DEFAULT - if it's any different (including its case), the TrainStore Registry entry won't be able to find it.
C.  Does MSTS run OK?
D.  If you get ANY other error messages, please quote them exactly.

Sorry for all the questions, but you must appreciate that I'm working "in the dark" Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged.
I should have said C:\1msts Sorry,my bad!
I Cannot create a folder C:\TS_DEFAULT either in C drive or on desktop as W7 home states, "A file name cannot contain any of the following symbols \/:*?< > |" So that throws that idea out!
I have installed Update(25 files,Fine scale, x tracks, Steam rep, New roads, Bin UKST and t section 42UK.
This appears to stop the six default routes from starting I can get as far as the route starting up and then reverting to desktop
I have the messages I am still getting from Train store which I have copied onto a note pad so I can show you what it says.
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
The registered Train Store folder C:\TS_DEDAULT cannot be found,(it may have been moved outside of Train store) You must either close the program and restore the folder
to its original postion or request Train store to reset the folder registration.
Do you want to close the program? I have replied NO
Do you want train store to reset the folder registration? I have replied YES
Do you want Train store to automatically select the MSTS Folders path from the exsisting MSTS information?

(You should only choose NO if your system has multiple MSTS installations and you have read the Train Store manual first)

AS I only the six default routes installed at present. I have replied Yes. But the next message I get is
The registered Train Store folder C:\TS DEFAULT' cannot be found.
So I press OK

Cannot change Visable in OnShow or OnHide.
I press OK

Storage Path setup
Selected path
C\program Files(X86)
JA Formoso
Train store
I press OK
Finally I get The specified folder must be on the same drive as the drive for the MSTS path

There is a Storage Path Setup panel which says C:\Program Files (x86)\JAFormoso\Train Store\SelectedPath but this does not work!

Regarding the registry, those are the only files that show up in the search programs and files in the bottom left hand corner of windows 7.

I have given as much info as I can I still cannot understand why Train store cannot reset the registry.

Hope this helps.
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 20 Aug 2016, 12:12 am

andrew moody wrote:

Once again I'll ask have you installed UKTS5940 then UKTS13223 and then UKTS22392! I thought these updates were necessary in order that Train Store works with later Windows Operating Systems?

When you install these you can define the location in the same way as you did for the basic MSTS install.

I apologise if this has been done, but the quote above seems to suggest that the later updates have not been installed!

PS:- I have not been able to find a folder labelled TS_DEFAULT?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 20 Aug 2016, 1:29 am

rufuskins wrote:
andrew moody wrote:

Once again I'll ask have you installed UKTS5940 then UKTS13223 and then UKTS22392! I thought these updates were necessary in order that Train Store works with later Windows Operating Systems?

When you install these you can define the location in the same way as you did for the basic MSTS install.

I apologise if this has been done, but the quote above seems to suggest that the later updates have not been installed!

PS:- I have not been able to find a folder labelled TS_DEFAULT?

Hello Alec.
My understanding was that you had to install the first part (UKTS 5940 first, Then the updates. AS Trainstore does not work I had not installed the updates but have them.
I am unable to create the folder as : and\ will not work on my computer, this was a suggestion by either Ged or Mark.
Aparently the problem seems to be related to the registry, something I know nought about.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 3:51 am

andrew moody wrote:I am unable to create the folder as : and\ will not work on my computer, this was a suggestion by either Ged or Mark.

Hi Andy

When we say create a folder "C:\TS_DEFAULT", you just call the folder TS_DEFAULT, the "C:\" part just refers you to the drive you create the folder on, and is the path that Trainstore looks for, don't put "C:\" (or any other drive letter) before the folder name, and as you found out, Windows doesn't allow it..

Hope that helps. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:03 am

For your information I have most of my MSTS folders and utilities locates in a drive labelled J, see below:-
Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages). J-fold10
1 = Working Train Simulator (0MSTS)
2 = Main Train Store folder (J A Formoso)
3 = Folder labelled "Train Store" created when Train Store installed and in which there is a folder labelled TSDATA.
4 = Folder labelled "TS_RUFUSKINS" which was created when I installed Ged's alternative. Within this folder there is a folder labelled TSDATA.

When I run Train Store it puts the stored items in folder TS_RUFUSKINS within folders labelled Routes and Trains.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:20 am

Reading the Train Store Manual the registry entry for Train Store is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\J. A. Formoso

On examining this area on my desktop this entry does not exist, and hence I'm wondering whether Ged's alternative utility has removed it. I shall now attempt to locate the registry entry for the latter alternative?

11:30am update - cannot find a registry entry for the latter!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 1:13 pm

Hi Alec,
My utility does not remove any Registry entries!  If it did, Train Store just wouldn't work!!  All it does is amend the name of the storage folder.

The reason you can't find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\J. A. Formoso" is probably due to you running a 64-bit Operating System; on such a system, it is in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\J. A. Formoso"

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 1:29 pm

Hi Andy,
Apologies for not coming back earlier, but I've only come on-line this afternoon!
Mark and Alec seem to have dealt with some of your queries, but I'm concerned about this :
I have installed Update(25 files,Fine scale, x tracks, Steam rep, New roads, Bin UKST and t section 42UK.
This appears to stop the six default routes from starting I can get as far as the route starting up and then reverting to desktop
That's nothing to do with Train Store, but until it's corrected, there's no point in continuing with the Train Store problems!
We need to find out why your MSTS is going back to the Desktop.  As you've only got the default routes installed, one of the usual culprits, tsection.dat, is exonerated because it's not used!
The next suspect is - have you set train.exe and launcher.exe to "Run as administrator"?  To do this, right-click on the exe file, select "Properties", left-click the "Compatibility" tab and towards the bottom of the screen is a box with "Run this program as an administrator" (or something very similar) beside it; if this box does NOT contain a tick, left-click on it to make one appear, then left-click the "Apply" and "OK" buttons in turn.

By the way, what is "Steam rep" and "Bin UKST"?

I seriously think that the only way to get your MSTS working is for me, or another member, to use TeamViewer to access your PC and make the necessary corrections directly. We can only do so much using "dumb" messages!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 20 Aug 2016, 2:22 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Alec,
My utility does not remove any Registry entries!  If it did, Train Store just wouldn't work!!  All it does is amend the name of the storage folder.

The reason you can't find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\J. A. Formoso" is probably due to you running a 64-bit Operating System; on such a system, it is in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\J. A. Formoso"

Cheers,
Ged

Thanks for the direction to the registry location, and my comments on the registry give further evidence to my limited computer entrails understanding.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 20 Aug 2016, 5:18 pm

slipperman12 wrote:
By the way, what is "Steam rep" and "Bin UKST"?

Hi Ged.
Steam rep is a program that regulates steam smoke (Possibly not needed)
UKST is Track sound wheel flange squeal
Bin is the  MSTS Bin patch which I have the 1.8.052113en   installed, or at least until a few minutes ago
I did!
In an effort to establish why the six default  routes will not load  I removed the bin patch which in turm
removed the GUI loading screen...... Embarassed DOH Embarassed
So I will be doing a reinstall and loading the various updates UKFS Xtracks etc one at a time to see what
is messing things up.
One other thing. I have user account control which came with TSFE which I was sadly unable to get on with. Do i need to have UAC installed? Only It has just crossed my mind I wonder if it has anything to do with Trainstore not working?
Going back to the registry thing,  I  have MSTS Registry remover  MSTS Registry rebuild MSTS  Registry
rebuild Vista and shape remover Reg remover.  My computer  is Windows 7  Home version.
Cheers
Andy

P:S: Totally forgot.....When I install MSTS, It is per the Steam4me method so it goes into Drive C as C:\1msts

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm

Hi Andy,
User Account Control is part of Windows - you can't decide to not install it!  You can, however, disable it, but I don't recommend you doing that.

I don't know where you got MSTS Registry Remover, MSTS Registry Rebuild, MSTS Registry Registry Rebuild Vista, Shape Remover and Reg remover from, but I don't recognise them, so please keep clear of them.

My TSFE DID NOT "give" you User Access Control!  Most programs which we use for MSTS, including MSTS itself, MUST be set to "Run as an administrator" - this is what brings up the UAC screen, to which you have to click "Yes" to run the program.  You can't get out of it, unless you disable UAC, or install a separate (free) utility called tweakUAC.

Please restart from scratch :
1. Uninstall MSTS using either the Control Panel, Programs & Features list or the Remove option when running CD1
2. When the uninstall has completed, make sure the folder 1MSTS has gone - if not, manually delete it.
3. Install MSTS according to the Steam4Me Win 7 tutorial into your new folder 1MSTS on drive C:\
4. Install the MSTS v1.4 update.  NOTE : You MUST change the installation path to C:\1MSTS (it defaults to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator).
5. DO NOT add anything else!  Make sure train.exe and launcher.exe are set to "Run as administrator".
6. Run MSTS.  At this point, if you've done everything correctly, MSTS should start with the Kuju video.
7. The Kuju video has been known to cause problems with some keyboards, so if it did, or didn't, start, you should remove the Kuju video - Open the GLOBAL folder and scroll down to file : startup.mpg then delete it.
8. Run MSTS.  It should now start without the video.
9. If it still doesn't start, DO NOT add anything else, but please come back.
10. If it started OK, try adding the MSTS Bin patch and test again to make sure it starts.
11. If all is OK, I suggest you make a backup of folder 1MSTS somewhere safe so that if anything goes wrong in the future, you can restore it to a known "good" state.

Cheers,
Ged

Last edited by slipperman12 on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 20 Aug 2016, 10:11 pm

Hi Ged.
Well, total sucsess  at last!
I have found the cause of the problem which proved to be a program called Nikon Movie editor (which I have never used or needed)
Firstly I had trouble uninstalling 1MSTS. In the  add /remove section of control panel, It kept telling me that
it had uninstalled Train store! Which was allready uninstalled. I got the same message from uninstall exc in 1msts, so had to manually remove 1MSTS
I got  my computer shop to put on a reminents cleaner tool which as well as removing a couple of
unwanted icons I then discovered that I had TWO versions  shown, so I bit the bullet and let the program do its stuff,
Next, I reinstalled Train Simulator as  per Steam 4me and your  instructions, I could  not however use my
keyboard, only the mouse. So I had to press the button on the tower to close down and got the message
waiting for Nikon Movie Editor to close.
So with that removed I can report that my six routes  are up and running better than ever. Smile
Now this is the shock bit, Had a go again  at installing train store, BUT, this time straight in...No messing!
I could not believe it It is all rrunning as smooth as a furnace.
Once again many thanks to Ged also Alec and Mark for your help all very much appreciated by this novice.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 10:49 pm

Hi Andy.

I have never heard of a video editor conflicting with MSTS, it's surprising what program conflicts crop up from time to time, presumably you have a Nikon camera and installed the software that came with it.

Glad that you have now got it sorted and you can go back to enjoying MSTS again. OK

Talking of conflicts, I had a strange one yesterday, every time I ran OR it shut down Avast, I can only conclude that as my PC had been on a couple of days continually, resources were running a bit low, I shut my computer down for a few hours this morning and OR has not affected Avast since I booted up again, despite me running a rather long activity in Protrain 7 using OR which would have certainly shut down Avast had I ran it yesterday.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:02 pm

Hi Andy,
PHEW!! I'm pleased you've got it sorted!

I don't know which version of Nikon Movie Editor you had installed, but the original is quite old (6 years) and, from Google, seemed to affect the running of some other programs.
As your Windows was waiting for it to close, it (a) seemed to be starting with Windows and (b) when running, didn't behave itself!

I doubt if any of us would have been able to sus that out without a great deal of investigation on your PC, so well done Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 21 Aug 2016, 1:31 pm

I clearly spoke to soon!
Having started to load the various updates, Fine scale, X Tracks, New Roads,  Steam replacement Tsection 42UK all went OK.
But on loading the Bin patch 1.805113en, things have gone a wry.

I  now am getting a fail to initialize activity manager  message.
Do I need to reinstall again or what? This is becoming a nightmare!

Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 21 Aug 2016, 2:43 pm

Hi Andy,
I  now am getting a fail to initialize activity manager  message.
This error is mentioned on Steam4Me ( http://msts.steam4me.net/msts_errors.html ) but, unfortunately, there is no known cure Sad
I have never actually seen it myself!

I suggest you uninstall the Bin patch, then make sure that folders MSTSBIN_Backup, RailDriver DLLs & Translated DLLs and files Uninst_MSTS Patch 1.8.0521 EN.log and Uninst_MSTS Patch 1.8.0521 EN.exe have been removed; if not, manually delete them.
When that's done, try running MSTS again, then come back.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 21 Aug 2016, 3:23 pm

slipperman12 wrote:

I suggest you uninstall the Bin patch, then make sure that folders MSTSBIN_Backup, RailDriver DLLs & Translated DLLs and files Uninst_MSTS Patch 1.8.0521 EN.log and Uninst_MSTS Patch 1.8.0521 EN.exe have been removed; if not, manually delete them.
When that's done, try running MSTS again, then come back.

Cheers,
Ged
Sorry Ged.
Msts Bin removed but still getting a fail to initialize activity manager. as before
Is there something I am not doing right when I install the updates?
Which are the essential updates? Perhaps I am loading too many.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 21 Aug 2016, 4:09 pm

Hi Andy,
No problem, mate Smile  
I doubt if it is what you've installed, unless you've added the Dorset Coast route - have you?
One of the suggested causes is a corrupted exe or dll file.

If you HAVE installed the Dorset Coast route, please delete the Dorset folder out of the ROUTES folder, then try running MSTS again.

If you haven't installed DC and/or you still get the same error message, try re-installing MSTS from its CDs, specifying the same folder as it's already in (C:\1msts), then run MSTS again, with only the default routes.

If you use the Desktop icon the run MSTS, please change launcher.exe to train.exe - DO NOT use the Start Menu entry.

Please come back Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 22 Aug 2016, 3:03 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
No problem, mate Smile  
I doubt if it is what you've installed, unless you've added the Dorset Coast route - have you?
One of the suggested causes is a corrupted exe or dll file.

If you HAVE installed the Dorset Coast route, please delete the Dorset folder out of the ROUTES folder, then try running MSTS again.

If you haven't installed DC and/or you still get the same error message, try re-installing MSTS from its CDs, specifying the same folder as it's already in (C:\1msts), then run MSTS again, with only the default routes.

If you use the Desktop icon the run MSTS, please change launcher.exe to train.exe - DO NOT use the Start Menu entry.

Please come back Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged.
I have re installed MSTS this time using the original Train Simulator set up as oposed to the "Xplosiv" version, Next I installed MSTS BIN patch 1.80521EN, It worked OK
I have also installed the 25 updates.UK Finescale, Xtracks New roads and the tsection 42UK but nothing else.
I now have Steyning route up and running so far no problem.
NO I do not have the Dorset Coast route, SWT were my employer so not the least bit interested. I do however have The New Forest and Woking Basingstoke routes which I will
look at in the future.
What I do have however is East Coast express one to three and the Hertford route. I installed one and two last night, all was fine to start with the route loaded I ran an activity with a north bound HST, Did not get too far before it froze and "Crashed back to desktop, I assume there would have been an A1 train coming the other way, But what also happened was that the computer removed all the East Coast activities from train store. East Coast is currently uninstalled.

My computer is Windows 7 Home Premium, Service pack one Intel (R) core (TM)2 Duo CP2 E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz
Installed memory ram Ram3.00GB System type 64 Bit operating system.

In the options I have the slider one notch to the left of best graphics Disply is 1024X768X16
Visability is 1200 the Terrain Error threshold is set at 1500.
In the advanced section I have Overhead wires Water Textured sky and Precipitation all ticked but nothing else.
Please could you tell me if I have done this right or do I need to change anything.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 22 Aug 2016, 4:35 pm

Hi Andy,
Many thanks for the raft of information Smile
Everything seems to be OK - by the way, the Xplosiv version of MSTS is exactly the same as the final version issued by Microsoft.

The only thing which will probably cause you problems is the amount of RAM you have - 3GB - especially as you're running a 64-bit OS. If you are using the memory switch, don't use more than 1024 ( -mem:1024). Any 32-bit program, like MSTS can only use a maximum of 2GB, so if you have any other large program running at the same time as MSTS, it's very likely that your PC will "page" out some memory contents to the hard drive. This causes problems for MSTS, which doesn't seem to like being kept waiting!! This might have been what caused your problem when your were running East Coast last night.

Your PC will NOT normally remove anything from Train Store - I suspect that this was caused by the MSTS CTD and the PC was unable to restore contents from the hard drive.

I'm afraid that with your current PC you must always be very aware of everything that's running on it if you want to run MSTS. I suggest disconnecting from the internet and turning off your anti-virus. Alternatively, if you are able to install more RAM, you'd be much better off, MSTS-wise.

I don't know what graphics card you have, but it, too, will be using part of that 3GB, so you can see there's a great deal of contention for that limited space!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 22 Aug 2016, 7:09 pm

slipperman12 wrote:
I'm afraid that with your current PC you must always be very aware of everything that's running on it if you want to run MSTS.  I suggest disconnecting from the internet and turning off your anti-virus.  Alternatively, if you are able to install more RAM, you'd be much better off, MSTS-wise.

I don't know what graphics card you have, but it, too, will be using part of that 3GB, so you can see there's a great deal of contention for that limited space!

Hi Ged.
Don't know where to look for the details of the graphic card All I know is that its Nvidia I think G Force(?) Possibly 9400GT.
I also do not know anything about memory switch so would need some help locating it please.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 22 Aug 2016, 9:04 pm

Hi Andy,
I can't tell you how much of your main memory the 9400GT can use, but if it needs some, it will use it!

The memory switch isn't a physical switch, but a parameter that's added to train.exe and only works properly if you've got the Bin Patch installed.
If you right-click on the MSTS Desktop icon and select Properties, you'll see something like this :
Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages). D-icon10
If yours has launcher.exe, as in the above image, it must be changed to train.exe, as shown below :
Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages). D-icon11
Now you can add the switch :
Unable to set up Train Store (Multiple error messages). D-icon12
Note that the switch comes after the quotes mark which follows .exe and that one space must precede -mem:1024

With your PC, you probably won't notice much, if any, difference, but if you can increase its memory to even 4GB it may help Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 22 Aug 2016, 11:03 pm

Thanks for that Ged, I have just completed the mem switch and completed your instructions I would have never known how to do this myself! Still plenty to learn.
I have not touched any of the East Coast CDs tonight, It looks as if there might be a patch somewhere might need that before I get started,

Once again thankyou very much Ged Dont know what we would do without you:D

Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 23 Aug 2016, 2:19 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your very kind comments Smile

I hope you've taken a backup of your MSTS folder while it's working! That way, if you ever have any trouble in future, you know you've got a working setup backed up and you won't need to go through the hassle of setting up from scratch again.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:18 pm

slipperman12 wrote:
I hope you've taken a backup of your MSTS folder while it's working!  That way, if you ever have any trouble in future, you know you've got a working setup backed up and you won't need to go through the hassle of setting up from scratch again.

Hi Ged.
Yes I have indeed got 1MSTS backed up on my EHD
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down