Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

+12
dee4141
Jonathan David
ShortNorth
dforrest
andrew moody
RIGFindlay
StephenRWells
slipperman12
35005CP
Markh5682
ianmacmillan
rufuskins
16 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Empty Re: Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

Post  rufuskins Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:53 am

Still working on the 42ft revisions, although I had a somewhat senior moment yesterday evening as I turned the Diagram 105 FL into an F by replacing the lavatory compartment with a luggage compartment! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed This not only affected the side textures but also affected the seat layout and partition textures - once again I have proved the truth of that old adage "More speed and less haste!"

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Empty Re: Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

Post  rufuskins Thu 31 Dec 2015, 8:24 pm

Eventually I've finished another LNWR coach, and this one is part of the 42ft bogie underframe range that I'm currently revisiting.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_410
There were four of these coaches converted from radial underframe non-corridor D292 thirds. They were assigned to the London-Liverpool boat trains.
This means that I have completed all of the 42ft bogie underframe coaches and I'll be subjecting them to checks in MSTS.
I will now complete the non-corridor radial underframe 42ft coaches.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 03 Jan 2016, 8:18 pm

I'm well on the way with the 42 ft radial underframe LNWR carriages, with six complete and two on the stocks so to speak. That will leave me with another seven after that. Getting more done at the moment as the inclement weather is curtailing opportunities to get out with either Rufus and/or Ilma!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:59 pm

Another week seems to have "whizzed" by! I've nearly completed the re-working of the 42ft non-corridor coaches with the last one on the stocks. I seem to have had trouble with it, mainly because of the staggered look outs! I think I've got it in hand now though, although at the same time SWMBO has had me setting up her new (!) laptop - it's a Hewlett Packard with a spec slightly better than my desktop apart from the graphics. It also uses Windows 10 so I hope to learn about it without having to initially install it myself. This means that her own desktop is now redundant although I've claimed the monitor in order to try using two at once - I hope that this will allow me to have reference material on one screen and MSTS/TSM on the other?
Once I have completed the last coach as noted above it's back to the LYR wagons?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:55 pm

Another trying day as I slowly set up the new wireless printer via SWMBO's laptop, although I hope to link to it later. I've now rearranged my set-up as I have more room and surprisingly I've been able to add the second monitor. I assume that I now need to "fiddle" with the screen resolutions to get them to match - they don't at the moment?
Later this evening I should have completed the Diagram 354 (Brake Third) and then some final runs and checks before passing them to Mark who has bravely agreed to give them the once over and check them for running, etc. There are 15 diagram types running on a radial chassis and 12 diagram types running on a bogie chassis. These are the non-corridor coaches that were directly used for LNWR services, although one or two were transferred from West Coast Joint Stock.
I have a copy of "A Register of West Coast Joint Stock" published by the HRMS that includes other 42ft non-corridor and corridor coaches run on the WCML, but I'm not sure whether I'll attempt these at this time? It might be worth it as it includes NPCS stock used for mail services?
I'm still a little unclear as to some reasonably representative formations (consists) but I'll continue to root about for something!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:02 pm

rufuskins wrote:Another trying day as I slowly set up the new wireless printer via SWMBO's laptop, although I hope to link to it later. I've now rearranged my set-up as I have more room and surprisingly I've been able to add the second monitor. I assume that I now need to "fiddle" with the screen resolutions to get them to match - they don't at the moment?

Are the screen sizes the same? Does your Graphics Card have 2 outputs??

With regards to the Wireless printer, what issues are you having; if any?

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:08 pm

35005CP wrote:
With regards to the Wireless printer, what issues are you having; if any?

The wireless printer is working and problems as such were due to me running before I could walk so to speak!

35005CP wrote:
Are the screen sizes the same? Does your Graphics Card have 2 outputs??

The graphics card has two outputs: the DVI which is connected to the main monitor (ASUS V228 with a maximum 1920x1080 resolution but which I have set to 1600x900), and the VGA which is connected to the second monitor (AOC 1950W with a maximum 1366x768 resolution which it is set at). I can open folders, etc. on both monitors and assume the mismatched screen resolution isn't a major problem.

On the LNWR coach front I have completed the Diagram 354 and will test them all on Enzo428's Leeds-Settle-Carlisle Midland Route (1910-1920), which includes some LNWR engines over the next few days before passing them to Mark for an overview and checking.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 14 Jan 2016, 10:59 pm

Still working on the 42ft tests, but instead of moving back onto LYR wagons I've started revising the 28ft LNWR coaches! Mainly to take advantage of using standard parts, although missing the brakes off again suggests more speed and less haste! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Thankfully has only affected one plus the 3 additional copies, but will revisit tomorrow!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:26 pm

Finished re-modelling the 28ft Mansion-House sets except for some "reverse" Diagram 365 Brake Thirds. Diagrams 120 and 300 are effectively complete with sufficient coaches to make a couple of typical consists and the Diagram 365 will soon be duplicated to create enough coaches to complete these consists.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:13 pm

Here's the latest on my current coach revisions.
1. I've run the revised 42ft coaches on Renzo428's Leeds-Settle-Carlisle route behind his model of the LNWR Precursor, and everything appears to be OK. I'll pass the coaches across to Mark for his chance to review and comment.
2. I've completed the revision of sufficient coaches in order to create two 8 vehicle 28ft Mansion House sets. I'll add them into the MSTS folder for Mid East Plus in order to look at them at Broad Street. They ran from there to Mansion House via Earls Court prior to electrification of the District Line.
3. I shall now move onto the revision of the 28ft coaches used in the Birmingham District sets.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 20 Jan 2016, 6:45 pm

Discovered a basic mistake this afternoon in the Mansion House Diagram 365. The inner coaches have short buffers, whilst the outer coaches (Brake 3rds) have a short buffer adjacent to the inner coaches and the standard buffer adjacent to the engine. I managed to put them the other way round! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I now have to go back into TSM reverse the buffers, re-export and carry out Polymastering, etc. SWMBO wasn't impressed by my comments at the time!!!!!
The Birmingham District sets are progressing well on a turn by turn basis with LYR wagons.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 20 Jan 2016, 10:56 pm

Despite my best efforts to totally mess up the corrections to the Diagram 365 they are eventually something like - oh my aching head! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Thu 21 Jan 2016, 11:03 am

One route where these lovely coaches could be used is, I think, Thames Trent v 2: the line from Market Harborough to Peterborough East, a pleasant cross-country journey, and the Uppingham Branch.

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 22 Jan 2016, 8:33 pm

Very little done either yesterday evening or today as I have managed to "download" a cold virus! Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  At least it's unlikely to be flu as being a mature gentleman I'm allowed a flu jab!
I hope to be able to post a few notes on the use of the LNWR non-corridor sets - many of which were effectively permanent - and their locale. Firstly I hope sometime this weekend to finish the units for the 28ft Birmingham District sets, before starting the amendments to the South Wales (Abergavenny) District 28ft sets.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:21 am

Have completed the amendments to the coaches for the 28ft non-corridor coaches used in Birmingham District Sets, and started the amendments to those for the South Wales Sets, These should be relatively easy as there is only one coach to "rebuild", as the others are merely copies of those used in the South Wales Sets.
Mark has started some testing of the revised 42ft coaches, but like me is suffering with a cold. I am trying to put some realistic formations together but it is proving not to be easy. The LNWR Society has been unable to help me out to date so I'll have to once more delve into my LNWR books and "cobble" some formations/consists together.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:24 pm

28ft coaches now complete and are being prepared for preliminary checking. Thankfully I have details for formations and hence suitable consists can be formed. I have given up on trying to create "real" formations for the 32ft 1in and 42 ft coaches and will now make up some that look OK!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 26 Jan 2016, 3:06 pm

Following the problems with the brakes for the 28ft coaches I have now completed the Mansion-House Sets and here's a screenshot with it being pulled by a Precursor!
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_210

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 27 Jan 2016, 1:06 pm

I have now completed the changes to all 28ft brakes, and they now appear to give my preferred gap between coaches. Smile Smile Smile They now need some further simple testing and I can then move back to the current LYR wagons. I shall also look at sketching out the details for 45ft non-corridor coaches including those provided for coupled sets on the Manchester-Buxton services.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 30 Jan 2016, 9:48 am

Having completed 28ft, 30ft 1in and 42ft non-corridor coaches I've created the first of the 45ft ones as illustrated below:-
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_411
That leaves a further 8 all derived from the D154, including two used as slip coaches, plus those developed specifically for the Manchester-Buxton services.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 31 Jan 2016, 8:44 pm

Oh woe is me  Sad  and thrice woe  Sad   Sad   Sad  !

In checking my 42ft carriages Mark has discovered an embarrassing error - namely the wheels don't turn! Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  In the Part Name I typed Wheel11, etc, instead of Wheels11, etc. To make it worse in the Part Name list the correct part names are listed! It really does prove that adage that one can't see for looking!

I now need to re-visit all of the 28ft, 42ft and 45ft coaches and amend accordingly! I suppose I'd better check the 30ft 1in coaches as well - this will keep me off the streets for a while!

PS @ 22:30 - 30ft 1in coaches are affected too! Mad  Mad  Mad

Last edited by rufuskins on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 9:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added comment on 30ft 1in coaches!)

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 02 Feb 2016, 10:02 am

Quick update just in case anyone's interested.

1. The 30ft 1in coaches weren't affected by the misnaming scandal and are OK.
2. The 28ft coaches were affected by the misnaming scandal but have now been amended and are OK.
3. The 42ft coaches are affected and will now be revised.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:17 pm

I have now completed the amendment to the wheels on the 42ft LNWR non-corridor coaches and have run some fictional consists to check that they all rotate, which they do! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I will now forward the folders for the 28ft and 42ft coaches to Mark for additional checking. Hopefully they'll pass muster and I can attempt to upload them here via TSSH. Question Question Question

Then it's back to 45ft and 50ft coaches including checks to the wheels of those done so far.

These coaches - including the 30ft 1in 6 wheelers - all have an ARC roof profile. After these it's various length coaches with COVE and HIGH roof profiles, and finally the one off Birmingham-Sutton Set No. 6 that comprised a total of eleven (11) 30ft 6 wheel non-corridor coaches built in March 1911!

All of the above are non corridor except Diagram 269 in the 42ft coaches. I have the HMRS West Coast Joint Stock book and perhaps I can have a go at those as well as the corridor stock using Jenkinson's LNWR Carriages. Plenty to keep me off the streets so to speak!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 10 Feb 2016, 9:58 am

Mark picked up a number of errors with the 28ft coaches, which have now been corrected. Waiting for further comments but in the meantime I'm continuing with 45ft coaches as illustrated below:-
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_412

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:21 pm

First batch of 45ft non-corridor coaches completed; the last one being a Diagram 251 (BCL Slip Coach); a total of nine (9) coach diagrams.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_413
I shall now move onto the 45ft coaches used on the Manchester-Buxton service with four sets comprising BT+T+F+BC. They were built in the late 1890s and were used on this service until 1923 when they were redeployed to Leeds-Huddersfield sets until 1926/27 when the sets were broken up and the carriages dispersed with one lasting until 1943!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 12 Feb 2016, 7:19 pm

I've completed the First and Third carriages for all four Manchester-Buxton sets, and will now move onto the BC and BT units.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 14 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

Again for those who might be interested Mark has amended one of my WAG files for the 28ft coaches to include a Passenger View, and I don't see any reason why they might not be included. Meanwhile I've nearly finished the 45ft BT and the 45ft BC has been started, and finally sketches have been produced for the 50ft arc roof "Suburban" stock. These latter units were used in fixed sets in the London, Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham areas - I intend to create individual sets based on their typical services which numbered 12.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 15 Feb 2016, 8:12 pm

All 45ft Non-corridor Coaches completed and I shall put some consists together for general testing and checking. I can then pass them over to Mark for his more rigorous tests and checks.
Next task is incorporate the revised WAG files, generated by Mark for Passenger Views, in the relevant folders for 28ft and 42ft Non-corridor Coaches, followed by refining the consists for the 42ft as well as the 30ft 1in Non-corridor Coaches. Readmes will then be put together for upload of the various sets to TSSH. Let's hope that I can actually do that! Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

PS I've just realised that Thames-Trent V3 includes Buxton; so even though the eras don't match my imagination would allow me to run the LNWR Manchester-Buxton Sets comprising 45ft NC Coaches!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 15 Feb 2016, 10:43 pm

Here's a screenshot of a Manchester-Buxton set under test.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_414
You may well note a red stripe on the test set wheels, and this is intended to prove that the wheels are rotating!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:33 am

The 28ft coaches are near to release now after adding in Passenger Views as sorted for me by Mark. I have slightly amended the wheel textures and also revised the accompanying consists to include LNWR locomotives currently available on UKTS - the "readme's" will include the UKTS download references. Need to create some screenshots for the uploads and then . . . .

In the meantime Mark is working on the Passenger Views for the 42ft coaches and I'm going to do something for the 30ft 1in coach Passenger Views. In addition I have finished modelling of individual parts for the first 50ft arc-roof non-corridor "Suburban" coaches prior to adding them together to create the actual coach. I should of course point out that for some parts it's merely amending parts from the earlier coaches.

Mustn't forget that I need to send the 45ft coaches to Mark for checking!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 19 Feb 2016, 3:17 pm

Here's a screenshot of a Birmingham District set behind a LNWR 19in Goods locomotive.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_210

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:18 pm

OK I think the LNWR 28ft Non-corridor Coaches are ready for upload. Shocked Shocked I've got a picture available and put the zipped folder in my Dropbox account. All I've got to do now is try and put them on the TSSH download area. scratch scratch I've got Justin's notes but I'm still not too sure exactly what to do once I've signed in and opened my upload area. I shall attempt it tomorrow when hopefully I'll have all my wits about me! Shocked Shocked Shocked

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:15 am

28ft non-corridor coaches now available via TSSH Online. 42ft non-corridor coaches will be next for upload when all passenger views have been added and consists completed. 30ft 1in non-corridor coaches still need to have their passenger views created and consists completed. 45ft non-corridor coaches will be sent to Mark for checking in the next few days. 50ft x 8ft wide "Suburban" non-corridor coaches are on the blocks with 6 out of 14 diagrams completed. These were used on numerous services and hence will need a large number of duplicates in order to make up the consists.
As a footnote, and despite those with their heads in their hands crying "Woe is me and thrice woe!", I shall continue to work with MSTS until either my computer hardware or I die!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:00 am

Hi Alec.
Just tried a few of your consists out, albeit the Southern region Southeast Steam route.

Very impressive and well worth all the hard work.

Well Done!

Cheers

Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 25 Feb 2016, 7:04 pm

Andy
Thank you for the kind comments.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 26 Feb 2016, 10:47 am

Yes, they are really lovely, and I hope to make use of them, but I have not decided where yet. What about the Oldham Loop when it comes out? Was that LNWR?

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Fri 26 Feb 2016, 11:48 am

RIGFindlay wrote:Yes, they are really lovely, and I hope to make use of them, but I have not decided where yet. What about the Oldham Loop when it comes out? Was that LNWR?

How about the Potteries Loop when it is completed?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:42 pm

The Thames Mersey route (in non electric steam era mode) is mostly former LNWR metals, the Cannock chase route also is largely former LNWR, the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle route (see the routes directory to find out where to download this excellent route) saw some LNWR services and is the right era for Alec's coaches.

I tested them on both Cannock chase and Leeds-Settle-Carlisle routes and they looked good on both. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 26 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

The Oldham Loop is Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway territory.

The current 50ft x 8ft "Suburban" Non-corridor coaches that I'm working on were typically used in fixed sets in the following areas/services:-
Euston - Watford, Broad Street - Watford, Manchester London Road District, Crewe - Manchester, Manchester - Buxton, Liverpool District, Liverpool - Garston, Liverpool - Bootle, Birmingham - Sutton and Birmingham - Derby.

I'll give an indication of other areas in which 30ft 1in, 42ft, 45ft, other 50ft, 54ft and 57ft non-corridor coaches were used later. The 28ft coaches were typically used in the areas indicated by the Trainset folder names.

However please feel free to use them on any route that takes your fancy!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Fri 26 Feb 2016, 3:39 pm

From "North Staffordshire Railway" on Wikipedia    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Staffordshire_Railway

Within these main connections with other railway companies, most notably the London and North Western Railway (LNWR), the company operated a network of smaller lines although the total route mileage of the company never exceeded 221 miles (355.7 km). The majority of the passenger traffic was local although a number of LNWR services from Manchester to London were operated via Stoke.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 26 Feb 2016, 7:49 pm

It's also worth noting that the LNWR operated services between Chester and Holyhead and hence LNWR consists - certainly 42ft coaches - could be run on the North Wales Coast route.
I seem to have mislaid an article I had on Chester-Holyhead formations! Embarassed

For a map of the LNWR look HERE.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Fri 26 Feb 2016, 7:58 pm

Thank you. That is very useful. As I thought, Market Harborough to Peterborough or Stamford on Thames Trent v2 was an LNWR line.
Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:45 pm

Thanks to Mark I now have Passenger Views for all of the 42ft LNWR Non-corridor Coaches. The Trainset folders need updating as well as the proposed consists needing to be tidied and checked. Hopefully they'll be available later in the week?
Here's the latest coach:-
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_510
These were used front and back of the Watford - Broad Street Sets 1 to 6.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 01 Mar 2016, 9:57 am

As it may have been noticed I have withdrawn the 28ft coach downloads as it was pointed out that the braking definition was incorrect for both the vacuum brakes and handbrake. I am obviously disappointed that this has arisen and apologise here for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately the earlier upload to UKTS - withdrawn in favour of upload to TSSH Online - didn't attract these braking comments!
It's unfortunate that my dearth of knowledge in that particular area has caused this problem and I'll attempt to update the WAG files to suit for the 28ft coaches, as well as all of the others, as soon as possible but this will have to fit in with my other projects.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:36 am

I have decided to try and finish the creation of LNWR Non-corridor Coaching stock in line with the book on the subject published by the L&NWR Society before I upload anything more to either TSSH Online or UKTS, although the latter is highly unlikely.

This involves creating well over 100 different coaches – admittedly some are variations on others; i.e. downgrading first compartments to thirds, etc.

I am mainly doing this for myself as both a challenge, and an opportunity to keep my brain stimulated in retirement. However I am not doing this to create picture perfect and exact models, but trying to provide something that is representative and that at least gives a flavour of the LNWR. I acknowledge that those who have a greater knowledge in the area of railways, LNWR and MSTS may have difficulty in accepting these, in which case they must amend my efforts or provide their own.

I upload in the vague hope that I'm giving back to the Train Simulation community something in return for the community's offerings to me and others. I am as always extremely grateful and hope that I have posted as such.

Now it's back to the 50ft x 8ft “Suburgan” carriages prior to addressing the issue of braking definition.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 1:36 pm

Hi Alec,
Congratulations on what you're doing, and are planning to do, regarding LNWR coaches Smile
The only knowledge I have of that stock is what's been gleaned from your posts, but if you're enjoying yourself, that's the most important thing!  It's when it becomes a chore that you should put it to one side and try something else.   Anything which keeps our older brains active can only be a good thing!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:13 pm

I'll soon have the Diagram 347 (BT)completed - one for the front of a formation and another for the rear - and then that just leaves the Diagram 349 (BT) of this particular group of coaches. After that some basic tests and then I will create 24 formation sets - 2 each for the relevant services/districts. This will require numerous duplicates and renumbering.
I've also now completed sketches for all of the groups noted in the reference book: so far all the coaches created have been 8ft wide with Arc style roofs, but the additional groups will require 8'6" and 9ft widths with Arc, Cove and Elliptical roof profiles.
In between these tasks I've been re-watching the three films that comprise The Hobbit and only just got the third part to go. I've enjoyed them the second time round as much as the first.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:33 am

Mmm . . . I've just discovered that many of these coaches already exist on UKTS, albeit as LMS liveried versions circa 1930s. They were uploaded by Darwin Smith along with ex-LNWR corridor stock and dining cars, and unfortunately from my point of view are much better models.

However I shall continue with my project for all of the reasons outlined earlier, and looking at the build up of snow outside I suspect that I will be at the computer a little longer today!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 04 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm

Managed to complete the Diagram 349 Brake Third as shown here:-
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 2 Lnwr_511
This version is for location at the rear of a formation, and that just leaves the version which would be located at the front. These were typically used in Crewe-Manchester sets.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ianmacmillan Sat 05 Mar 2016, 11:05 am

Rather than make a revered version in TSM, just copy and rename the shape and SD files and reverse the shape in SFM.
The same ace files can be used unless you need to re-number.

ianmacmillan

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 05 Mar 2016, 2:30 pm

ianmacmillan wrote:Rather than make a revered version in TSM, just  copy and rename the shape and SD files and reverse the shape in SFM.
The same ace files can be used unless you need to re-number.

If only my TSM attempts were "revered"!

I'm aware of this but thanks for pointing it out.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next