Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

+12
dee4141
Jonathan David
ShortNorth
dforrest
andrew moody
RIGFindlay
StephenRWells
slipperman12
35005CP
Markh5682
ianmacmillan
rufuskins
16 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 Empty Re: Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

Post  rufuskins Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 18:25

TSM and MSTS/OR will definitely take a back seat, after our appointment with the oncologist at North Manchester.

Ilma has been diagnosed with secondary cancer in several areas including a "nasty" one on her head, with the overall prognosis not being good. She will need some serious chemo therapy and hence my wife and life must take first place!

I shall look in most days but . . .

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 Empty Re: Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

Post  slipperman12 Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 18:55

Hi Alec,
Sorry to hear your news. The doctors can do marvellous things these days, so please don't lose hope.

My best wishes to Ilma, and yourself ... and we'll see you around Smile

Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 2:58

Hi Alec,

That is really disturbing news - Von and I will be thinking of you two constantly. Von's mobility problems pale into insignificance in comparison with what Alma in facing.

Don't worry about trying to keep up with the Train Simming authoring - you've done more than enough for us to keep going with the LNWR / LYR pre-group theme.

Just concentrate on your wife and family, they are the most precious possessions that we have.

Will keep in touch from time to time by email.

Best Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 9:29

Thanks for the kind wishes, and Ilma and I are very grateful for these. Please keep me in the loop for the route progress as this being relatively local is of great interest.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 11:36

Hi Alec,

Penny and I are so sorry to hear Ilma's news. We'll be thinking of you at this difficult time.

You have produced so much for MSTS over the years for which we are all grateful. Now is the time to put MSTS on the backburner and concentrate on you family.

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 21:33

Stephen, thank you for your kind thoughts.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 23:36

Hi Alec,

Face Palm !!! It is Ilma not Alma.

BRian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Thu 13 Apr 2017 - 13:59

Hello Alec,

So very sorry that you and Ilma are going through such a sad and difficult time. I am sure you will find enough strength to look after Ilma and comfort her as much as you can. The LYR and LNWR have done very well from your work, and they can rest awhile.

With kind regards and best wishes from

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:41

Between the daily household chores I've managed to complete a corridor coach, namely Diagram 318. This is a 50' x 8'6" cove roof corridor brake third (BTK). This was converted from Cot Coach No. 2 from the Naval Ambulance Train No. 6, which was used during the First World War. The layout is correct but some of the other detail is a best guess by myself!
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 D31810
I'll try a Diagram 319 next, which was converted from Cot Coach No. 1 from the Naval Ambulance Train No. 6 .

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 24 Apr 2017 - 20:53

Completed Diagram 319, and nearly sorted my best guess for the side textures to Diagram 214 (50ft x 9ft BCK Cove Roof). Once this is finished I can do Diagram 215, which is also a BCK based on Diagram 214 with one of the 3rd class compartments used for typing! Will need to create a table and chair and typewriter!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 28 Apr 2017 - 9:50

Minimal work done over the last week as Ilma has not been too good, and had to spend a night in hospital. Radio therapy has started and a new pain relief scheme prescribed which seems to be doing the trick.
It was good to see Brian's work on his Huddersfield route, and perhaps I can start to make a little bit of time to finish 214 and 215, and also some LYR coaches for the route.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 24 May 2017 - 12:35

Been trying my hand at TSM work on the LNWR carriages, although this has been sporadic. I'm having to re-visit the 50 x 8ft Arc roof corridor coaches as the internal layouts weren't quite right. Having sorted the apparent SFM error - see HERE - I'll slowly work my way through them.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 8:18

I've nearly finished the revisions to the 50 x 8ft Arc-roof Corridor carriages - I have just two to finish. I shall then look at the other LNWR corridor stock that I thought that I had finished to see whether they need revising? The main error was that I had the corridor on the wrong side!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 9:15

I have now finished the amendments to the 50 x 8 ft Arc corridor carriages, and all I need to do now is check the passenger views - almost certainly wrong as I have had to move the corridor! I have finished checking the 50 x 8ft6 Cove corridors but they were correct except for a missing alpha definition. The 50 x 9ft Cove corridor coaches are currently being corrected.
These along with the LYR carriage that I'm working on - partitions, roof vents, lighting(?), door vents, bogies and other chassis details all need to be worked up - have to fit in with my nursing/caring duties. As I never know when Ilma will have good or bad days it is difficult to plan a schedule! However I still like to look at the forums - TSSH, UKTS and Trainsim - to see what might be going on.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 8:27

At long last I have finished the corrections to D214 and D215 - 50 x 9ft Cove Corridor - and they are now in the folder for passenger view checking. I am now creating the 50 x 9ft Elliptical corridor coach - Diagram 267 - some of which had the top light style. Everything takes so much longer now for obvious reasons, but hopefully all of these 50ft carriages will be finished by the end of the month?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:09

All 50ft long corridor coaches - 13 different diagrams - are complete except for passenger views. I'll try and create some screen shots in the next day or two. I've now started on 52ft 6in corridor coaches - 9 different diagrams with 3 different widths, but all with an elliptical roof.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 6 Jul 2017 - 19:14

. . . er maybe not! I've just realised that I've made a pig's ear of the top-light elliptical roof sides for both the 50ft and 52ft 6in corridor coaches! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I've re-started Diagram 267 today. This has come about as I had a good part of today to myself as Ilma was at the day hospice. This seems to do her some good and such good days are always welcome!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 18:28

At long last I've managed to complete the first 52ft 6in carriage. This is a D137, which is a 8ft 6in wide corridor composite and was the only diagram built to this length and width.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 Lnwr_510
I shall now move onto 52ft 6in x 9ft wide carriages some of which had recessed doors! These were used on the Newcastle service.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 8:52

A little more information on the 52ft 6in carriages with recessed doors. These were used in the Liverpool-Newcastle sets and comprised Diagrams 96A (FK), 266A (TK), 315A (BTK) and 316A (BTK) in two six car formation D315A+D96A+D266A+D266A+D266A+D316A. Presumably at some point on the route there must have been limited clearance? (I remember when working in Newcastle in the mid to late 1970s I used to travel to Manchester on the equivalent service pulled by a Class 46.) These sets should therefore be relevant for Brian's Huddersfield route. I also believe that at some later stage in their life they were marshalled in one of the Maryport-Carlisle "narrow sets".

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 18 Jul 2017 - 19:41

I wandered lonely as a cloud in the TSSH forums!

Anyway here's a screenshot of Diagram 136 - 52ft 6in x 9ft wide corridor composite (CK) - being my latest LNWR corridor coach.

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 Lnwr_511

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Tue 18 Jul 2017 - 21:19

They are really looking good.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 16:03

Agreed. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 21:43

Thank you both for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 11:27

Today at long last I've finished some 52ft 6in x 9ft Toplight carriages, and I hope to get to grips with those with recessed doors. This means that I'll need to redo some of the standard items!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 11:41

Forgot to add a picture, and in creating it saw a texture error!
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 52ft_610

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 19:38

Correction made, and recessed door stock started. Tried to be clever but in the end had to completely restart the sides!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 0:47

G'day Alec,

Those 52ftrs are looking good !

There can't be many LNWR coaches left that you haven't built Very Happy

Can't wait to run them on Huddersfield.

Regards, Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 9:57

ShortNorth wrote:
There can't be many LNWR coaches left that you haven't built Very Happy

There's still a fair few to do yet, and they comprise the following corridor stock

4 No 52ft 6in x 9ft (Recessed Doors)
9 No 57ft x 8ft 6in
33 No 57ft x 9ft

In addition there are a number of full brakes that need to be re-visited as well as looking at the diners and sleepers. I might even consider attempting the LNWR Royal Train. Finally there were still some of the early 32ft coaches running! However time still remains short these days, but this work does act as a good distraction!

Hope your eyes are now something like?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 2 Aug 2017 - 18:46

Here's my starter for 10 for the recessed door stock - Diagram D96A (FK) - and I hope to complete the equivalent TK in the next few days.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 52ft_611

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 22:59

Apart from a brief read of the forums I have not been active here recently. As some of you may know my lovely wife has developed secondary breast cancer in the bones, which has meant that my primary role these days is as her carer. Her spine has suffered significantly over the last two weeks, with a stay in hospital and a course of radio therapy. She is now home but with reduced mobility and there is little time available at the moment for TSM work. Once we have established a new regime I may be able to do some limited work?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Shawmut Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 11:33

rufuskins wrote:Apart from a brief read of the forums I have not been active here recently. As some of you may know my lovely wife has developed secondary breast cancer in the bones, which has meant that my primary role these days is as her carer. Her spine has suffered significantly over the last two weeks, with a stay in hospital and a course of radio therapy. She is now home but with reduced mobility and there is little time available at the moment for TSM work. Once we have established a new regime I may be able to do some limited work?

Wishing both you and Ilma peace and health, Alec.

David

Shawmut

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 13:56

Very best wishes to you both. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 14:09

Many thanks for your kind wishes.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Wed 23 Aug 2017 - 16:59

While the work you are doing on LNWR carriages is superb, it is not important in the great scheme of things.
I shall be thinking of you both.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 23 Aug 2017 - 22:13

Jonathan
Many thanks for the good wishes.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 11 Sep 2017 - 22:17

Ilma is not doing too badly at the moment, and this is allowing me some time for TSM. Here is a screen shot of a Liverpool-Newcastle set of 52ft 6in x 9ft wide recessed door carriages.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 6 Lnwr_512

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 10:59

Very nice too. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 25 Sep 2017 - 13:25

Despite never knowing what each day will bring, I have tried to make some time available for TSM work as a means of trying to alleviate stress. Recently corrected my LYR and LNWR wagon releases - annoyed at missing such an obvious typo! Now trying to develop some 57 x 9ft wide Cove roofed corridor coaches - more or less finished Diagrams 95, 127 and 134 - and hope to post a screen shot soon.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 14:20

I've now completed Diagrams 95, 127, 134, 264, 310 and 313 in the 57ft x 9ft Cove Roof corridor coaches, and now developing Diagram 208. That leaves Diagrams 209 (208 with a typing compartment in place of a third class compartment) and 210A in this batch. I should point out that these and the others that I have completed to date but not yet uploaded will all need their passenger views amended.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 21:55

I've now completed all of the obvious diagram numbers in the 57ft x 9ft Cove Roof carriage range apart from checking and amending passenger views. This leaves 57ft x 9ft wd and 8ft 6in wd standard elliptical and toplight elliptical roof carriages on my current to do list - these amount to some 32 types. I'm also slowly putting together a listing all diagram numbers at 1915 in a Libre Office spreadsheet in order to sort out what's done and what I might do in the future. For example there's something like 60 odd saloons, sleepers and dining cars that I could attempt, and of course this includes those carriages associated with the Royal Train.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 12:04

The LNWR Royal Train would be gorgeous. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 23:19

I second the Royal Train. Very Happy  Very Happy

We have two routes we can drive it on :

Huddersfield and Environs 1920 - the section from Standedge to Leeds (Old) via Mirfield, ..........and ....

Black Country 1920 - the Trent Valley section through Stafford, Litchfield and Tamworth, and the section through Wolverhampton to Birmingham.

Regards, Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 14:53

It wasn't on my immediate radar, but I'll have a look at what's required and consider it as my next project.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 14:03

In order to create a not unreasonable representation of the LNWR Royal Train, I need to create the King and Queen's Saloons plus four Semi-Royal Saloons (Diagram D4) plus two Full Brakes (Diagram 374). There are sufficient details in Jenkinson's book and I hope to start these next week.
I have now completed a simple spreadsheet for the LNWR Carriage Diagrams included in the 1915 Diagram Book - not included are the Horse Boxes and other specialist vans included in this book. I appear to have completed 159 different carriage diagrams, which ONLY leaves another 204 to do should I attempt them all!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 0:51

rufuskins wrote: I appear to have completed 159 different carriage diagrams, which ONLY leaves another 204 to do should I attempt them all!

Go on !!!    -  ................................................ you know you want to !!!

Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 22:35

Mmmmm . . . not too sure about that!

I'm currently trying to work up some details for the King's and Queen's saloons and have made a start on the sides including some preliminary textures.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 22:48

It has taken me quite a few attempts to get the main sides correct for the King's Saloon as well as the clerestory element of the roof.

However having looked at what I have done to date I have decided to upload those LNWR Corridor Coach sets that I have completed, and I'm currently putting the upload packages together - a total of nine new and one updated. I don't anticipate many consists being included and as time is critical to me these days I shall only upload to UKTS. I'll post more news of the actual release date in the immediate future - the date I'm aiming for is the 31st October but . . . .

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 31 Oct 2017 - 7:50

I will be uploading the latest coach sets on Wednesday 1st November. I shall then return to the King's and Queen's Saloons although I will probably not include the insides. Progress on those is slow but steady.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 12:10

I have today uploaded a further nine (9) sets of corridor coaches for LNWR to UKTS.

LNWR 50ft Arc Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 2.0
LNWR 50ft x 8ft 6in Cove Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 50ft x 9ft Cove Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 50ft x 9ft Elliptical Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 50ft x 9ft Toplight Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 52ft 6in x 8ft 6in Toplight Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 52ft 6in x 9ft Elliptical Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 52ft 6in x 9ft Toplight Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 57ft x 9ft Cove Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 12:24

rufuskins wrote:I have today uploaded a further nine (9) sets of corridor coaches for LNWR to UKTS.

LNWR 50ft Arc Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 2.0
LNWR 50ft x 8ft 6in Cove Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 50ft x 9ft Cove Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 50ft x 9ft Elliptical Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 50ft x 9ft Toplight Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 52ft 6in x 8ft 6in Toplight Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 52ft 6in x 9ft Elliptical Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 52ft 6in x 9ft Toplight Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0
LNWR 57ft x 9ft Cove Roof Corridor Coaches - Version 1.0

Alec, thanks for these.

I am editing the Huddersfield 1920 stock list for Brian and these will obviously be added. One question. Have you uploaded any LYR coaches to UKTS? If so, I cannot find them.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next